Parajimbo???

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Evil D

Parajimbo???

Post by Evil D »

I'm debating on repurposing my old Paramilitary, since it hasn't been used since i got the Para 2. I'm not sure if it has a lot of value to sell, since i already ground the tip down to shorten the blade to 3 inches, so "losing value" isn't an issue to me. I've always wanted a heavy/hard use wharnie, but Spyderco doesn't offer one and i think this would get me real close to what i want. I don't know about doing this myself though, i'd probably have this sent off to one of the regrinders to be done right.

Forgive the crappy cell phone pic, my camera is dead and i can't find the charger.

It may look like the tip would be fragile, but really the tip won't change much from what it is already, since it would just lose the belly of the blade that's markered off. Since i've already taken 1/8 inch off the tip, the tip is already stronger/thicker than the standard Para tip. I also like that it would still have some negative blade angle, although not much. I don't like the look of the end result of the blade as much as i do the Yojimbo/Yo 2, but i think it would be pretty awesome.

Lets hear it?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

If it were me, I wouldn't do it. It doesn't look like it will look very good, plus you will be going from a negative blade angle to what looks like a zero to positive blade angle.

You might want to gift it or something.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah after sleeping on it and looking at it again, i don't really like how the blade looks. I think i'll end up handing this one down to my son in a year or two.
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

I'm sure he'll love it. I'm interested to see a few more opinions.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think if this were a leaf shaped blade it would look better. Without that sharp downward angle at the tip it just doesn't have the same look to it. Functionality wise it would work perfect i think, maybe even better since it would have a more acute tip. I'm sure i could make it more Yojimbo looking but i would lose blade length.
~David
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Looks more like the chokwe
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I had thought about doing this mod as well. I had drawn out the lines and everything. Just never did it nd I found an original yo in a not so local knife shop.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I actually think it looks pretty cool. Nothing wrong with something being different.