Aaron's Growing Spyderco Collection

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
WalzAaronFFG

Aaron's Growing Spyderco Collection

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

A Tale of 3 Delicas

Carbon Fiber
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

The Blue G10 Delica
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Para2Digicam

G10 Dragonfly

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Caly 3 Carbon Fiber

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Delica 4 Blue FRN - The Greatest $50 Knife in the World

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Manix 2 DLC - Big Jimpin'

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

G10 Cross-Section

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Jigged Bone Delica Damascus - Orange

Spyderco Navaja

Post by 1623 »

Very nice Aaron, and if you ever want to part with that G10 Delica...
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

1623 wrote:Very nice Aaron, and if you ever want to part with that G10 Delica...
Haha... I'll keep that in mind. I just got it and really love it. All Delicas should have the polished stainless clip. The black clips just chip and look like crap anyway. I would prefer to have stainless clips on all of my folders, but I'm sure some of the "tactical" customers want otherwise.

Spyderco Navaja
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

WalzAaronFFG wrote:Haha... I'll keep that in mind. I just got it and really love it. All Delicas should have the polished stainless clip. The black clips just chip and look like crap anyway. I would prefer to have stainless clips on all of my folders, but I'm sure some of the "tactical" customers want otherwise.
I totally agree... this is why I tend to like the wire clip 100% of the time... it doesn't tend to show much ware and tear. :)
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

DedRok wrote:I totally agree... this is why I tend to like the wire clip 100% of the time... it doesn't tend to show much ware and tear. :)
Some people love the wear and tear. It gives them a feeling of accomplishment when their blades get that used "Boba Fet" look to them.

I am just one of those people who try to keep my stuff looking mint as long as possible. I still use my blades, but I take good care of them.

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

SAGE!!

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

The whole gang as of today

Spyderco Navaja

Post by 1623 »

Nice variety in your collection dude; very cool.

What's your take on the Manix? I'm tempted to grab one of the BD30P Sprints that are still kicking around, but I've read here and there that the fit and finish overall on the Manix line is not quite up to par with other Spydies.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

1623 wrote:Nice variety in your collection dude; very cool.

What's your take on the Manix? I'm tempted to grab one of the BD30P Sprints that are still kicking around, but I've read here and there that the fit and finish overall on the Manix line is not quite up to par with other Spydies.
Thanks!

The only F&F concerns I have seen expressed in regards to the BD30P Manix sprint is some roughness on the edges of the liners. What I have seen wouldn't bother me, but I tend to be more obsessive about the blade since I don't have the sharpening skills or tools to fix a bad bevel.

My DLC coated Manix 2 is flawless when it comes to F&F, but the coating probably masks some of the minor imperfections that some have complained about on the non-DLC coated ones.

I wouldn't let it stop me, but I would NOT get a hollow ground Manix2 if I had it to do over again. I just prefer flat grinds. If you already have a Para2 or a Sage1/2/3, I would buy the Manix 2 in one of the flat ground versions (glow in the dark, orange, M4 Tan, XHP Foliage, Black BD30P). Just my .02.

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Added a ZDP Ladybug and a Salt I to the mix. Buying used on the forums is saving me loads of money and is really fun :) Who doesn't like getting a good deal?

Spyderco Navaja
BAL

Post by BAL »

Aaron, what's your favorite one or two. Maybe the JB Delica or the Para 2 or Superhawk.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

If I had to choose just two it would be ANY of the Delicas and my Sage 1. They are perfect size, blade shape, etc. and I love the variety of the Sage/Delica line

Of course I really love the Superhawk as well, but it isn't the kind of blade I can carry on a daily basis. Most of my big blades are just for the collection, unfortunately. I'm trying to stick to buying the smaller ones for now cause the big ones just end up as safe queens.

Who knows, maybe knife laws will change here in WI and I won't have to worry about following some imaginary 3" rule that most of the cops seem to use as the heuristic here.

I think the Chaparral might be next :) maybe a ZDP Dragonfly or Delica

Spyderco Navaja
BAL

Post by BAL »

Yea, the 3" law would be tough. I am in Missouri and 4" is legal, so the Millie is legal. The 4" gives me more latitude, but I still try to stay on the right side of the law. I also carry a gun, so it can be tough sometimes. I just don't shop at stores that don't allow carry, but sometimes you don't know it until you have walked a half mile from your car and you see a sign on the door, or more likely my son sees it and gives me that reverse father to son look that I am supposed to use on him when he does something wrong. He's 12 going on 21.