Aaron's Growing Spyderco Collection

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

BAL wrote:Yea, the 3" law would be tough. I am in Missouri and 4" is legal, so the Millie is legal. The 4" gives me more latitude, but I still try to stay on the right side of the law. I also carry a gun, so it can be tough sometimes. I just don't shop at stores that don't allow carry, but sometimes you don't know it until you have walked a half mile from your car and you see a sign on the door, or more likely my son sees it and gives me that reverse father to son look that I am supposed to use on him when he does something wrong. He's 12 going on 21.
LOL yeah I give my dad that look from time to time.

There is only a 3" law on the books in the Milwaukee area. In my county the laws are very non-specific so it can be hard to decided what to carry. Most of what I know is based on case law.

Basically they just make it up as they go along. I have seen police measuring knives with their palm and using the 3" rule even though that isn't accurate, but I would just rather stay under 3" to avoid losing a $100+ knife. Plus the area I live in is full of sheeple. Pulling out a Manix to open a box might just get me tasered by one of the real housewives of southern WI LOL.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
BAL

Post by BAL »

Aaron, understand completely. I was visiting my Grandpa in the hospital back in February and a bunch of family was in the waiting room and a cousin needed a thread cut off of a sweater or something. I simply pulled out my Manix 2 with a swift one hand open, like we all do, took care of that annoying thead and quickly slipped my beloved blade back in my pocket. The looks that I got were priceless. Most were from family, so they know that I am extreme in anything i do, but I re-learned a lesson that I try to follow. I picked up a ladybug ZDP for public use. So if someone wants to "start a thread", I am prepared.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Aaron,
Nice collection. Keep it growing.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

BAL wrote:my son sees it and gives me that reverse father to son look that I am supposed to use on him when he does something wrong. He's 12 going on 21.
Do not worry about this. When my son was 8-9 he was reminding me about speed limit quite often. Now he is 22 :rolleyes: and he allows me to do what ever I want :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

bh49 wrote:Aaron,
Nice collection. Keep it growing.
Roman
Thanks man, I'm trying :) I have a MT11 on the way and a custom Kydex sheath and some HT grips in the ordering process.

My financial situation changes seasonally so I may not be able to keep on buying one knife a week like I have been. I am living it up while i still can.

Oh well, I can always buy some UKPKs and some more Ladybugs to hold me over until the money starts rolling back in :D

I'm going to try to keep this thread going as my collection grows. I think people love to see pics of knives before they order so it can't hurt to add a few more to the mix in this subforum.
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I have more pics coming: Here is what I have on hand or in the mail: Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Mule Team 11 with two sets of Halpern Titanium G10 grips, White SE FRN Ladybug. 19 Spydies and counting. Can't wait for the MT11.

Here are my Ladybugs. I think I'm going to buy the FG and Purple ones eventually. Ladybugs are easy to collect at their size and price point.

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

ZDP Delica with convex edge and glow dots bought on BF. Condition looks great for the price. This one will be a user for me so IDC that it has been sharpened. The guy I bought it from sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

The Caly's

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Some Delicas

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

My MuleTeam11 with Halpern Titanium G10 Scales (bought opt.#4 and opt.#5)

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Spyderco Navaja
angusW

Post by angusW »

Aaron, in that Delica pic in post 29, is that second one from the top black G-10?
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
lamorak

Post by lamorak »

In the Delica pic, what did you use to fill the holes of the black frn models? It looks like some glow dots.
:spyder: count: 50, first: Atlantic Salt, latest: Dodo, edc: Urban, waiting for: Techno
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

How do you like the Halpern #4 scales? Where did you get the kydex sheath from?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

angusW wrote:Aaron, in that Delica pic in post 29, is that second one from the top black G-10?
No that was a Foliage Green G10 Delica dyed very deep dark blue.

Haven't been around in awhile so sorry for the delayed response. My photobucket library has been organized a bunch since then, too, so I don't think anyone can see my pics anymore.

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

dgulbra wrote:How do you like the Halpern #4 scales? Where did you get the kydex sheath from?
Loved them.. Very nice for the money. The kydex was ordered from a gun on Bladeforums. I can probably look up his screenname if you need it, PM me.

Spyderco Navaja
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

lamorak wrote:In the Delica pic, what did you use to fill the holes of the black frn models? It looks like some glow dots.
That's what it was. I bought that knife with the mods already done to it over on BF.

Spyderco Navaja
Titomake

Post by Titomake »

Sorry. I can see no images.
UpDok

Post by UpDok »

Titomake wrote:Sorry. I can see no images.
Yes, that is because somebody bumped an old thread from 2011
[LEFT]“Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.” Isaiah 45:22 KJV [/LEFT]