*Look* Titanium Delica!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
JB3

*Look* Titanium Delica!

Post by JB3 »

Here's a knife I didn't know existed 'til a week ago.
It was for sale and I had to have it! :)
Only distributed on the Japanese market as far as I know.
All writing on the box is Japanese except for the number 1011 on the side, Spyderco logo, and
Spyderco's address in Colorado.
Titanium Delica ATS-34
Anyone have any info? When they were made? How many in the run?
Bladespec

Post by Bladespec »

Pretty cool id love to see a ti manix2 anybody else think that would just be clean a ti manix 2 with 154cm fog? Let me know guys :D
I have 8 :spyder:'s More to trade and more to come!
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Nice catch there! :cool:
Don't have much info on it myself, other than Spydiewiki suggested around 2002 for time of production.
JB3

Search parameters?

Post by JB3 »

Creepo wrote:Nice catch there! :cool:
Don't have much info on it myself, other than Spydiewiki suggested around 2002 for time of production.
I searched for "Titanium Delica" "1011" Ti Delica" and "Japanese Delica" on Spyiewiki, but couldn't find anything ... What search parameters did you use?
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

2002 seems awfully recent for ATS-34. Didn't Spyderco transition to VG-10 from ATS-55 around that time?

The Spydiewiki entry for the Delica says "<2002" for the production years, so sometime before that. I'm guessing quite a while before, just based on the blade steel.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

This is one Delica I do not know much about because its a Japan market Spyderco (the box says it all)

I still see these being sold overseas, Maybe Sal could chime in on this one.

Its funny to me that if these are really so old why can you find them still to this day overseas (they are pricey though)

This is the only Delica that uses ATS-34.
JB3

Post by JB3 »

RIOT wrote:I still see these being sold overseas, Maybe Sal could chime in on this one. This is the only Delica that uses ATS-34.
This one seems to have a slightly shorter blade than the newer Delica's which are very close to 3" ... I'm still looking for more info on it.

I really must say that other than the slightly larger blade design of the newer Delica's, I love the excellent design of this knife ... I'm showing a Bradley here for reference (sorry I don't have a Sage II to show) ...
I think the thinner Titanium is so much better for pocket knife use ... it rides slimmer in the pocket, withdraws easier, it's lighter, and I just can't see it ever failing for lack of strength ... the thicker Ti is overkill to me.
Sure would like to see one of these released Stateside with tip-up carry and newer steel.
What say you Sal? :)
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

JB3 wrote:Here's a knife I didn't know existed 'til a week ago.
It was for sale and I had to have it! :)
Only distributed on the Japanese market as far as I know.
All writing on the box is Japanese except for the number 1011 on the side, Spyderco logo, and
Spyderco's address in Colorado.
Titanium Delica ATS-34
Anyone have any info? When they were made? How many in the run?
Man, I would love to get my hands on one of those :D
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shotcaller88

Post by shotcaller88 »

Can someone please tell me which Delica is the 2nd one down? Is that Micarta, g10 or ??? I can't figure it out!

Senate

Post by Senate »

shotcaller88 wrote:Can someone please tell me which Delica is the 2nd one down? Is that Micarta, g10 or ??? I can't figure it out!
Hi
it's actually not a delica but a C05 Standard in G10, close design indeed but you'll notice that the blade in shorter and the handle more "linear"...
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I would love to see the current Delica 4 in Ti. There are a lot of knives i'd like to see in Ti though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
shotcaller88

Post by shotcaller88 »

Senate wrote:Hi
it's actually not a delica but a C05 Standard in G10, close design indeed but you'll notice that the blade in shorter and the handle more "linear"...
Thank you for clearing that up.

Back on topic, I just picked up a Titanium Delica also. I've been wanting one for a while. Probably my most expensive spydie yet.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

shotcaller88 wrote:Can someone please tell me which Delica is the 2nd one down? Is that Micarta, g10 or ??? I can't figure it out!

Yes the 2nd from top is a G10 Standard and is not a Delica (btw I never knew the blade was shorter, i do now)

but did anyone notice the clip on the blue bone damascus Delica ? how did they make that happen ?
more info needed...
BAL

Post by BAL »

That's a heck of nice find there, JB3. Sweet.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Anyone more info on how many where made?

Some more pics of the titanium Delica.

JB3

Post by JB3 »

Senate wrote:Hi
Thank you Senate ... I bought it used as a "Delica" ... nice to know what it really is!
I'm still happy with it though! :)
JB3

Post by JB3 »

RIOT wrote:Yes the 2nd from top is a G10 Standard and is not a Delica (btw I never knew the blade was shorter, i do now)

but did anyone notice the clip on the blue bone damascus Delica ? how did they make that happen ?
more info needed...
Sorry ... I should have said that was my mod ... :o