Handmade knife scales

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
SUDS

Handmade knife scales

Post by SUDS »

knife scales that I made by hand.
They were made from a fruit wood i found back in the woods. It is called black choke cherry. I went back, during the beginning of winter and cut some with my axe and stored it in my shed to let it dry.

These are the second handles I have made. the ones i made last year where much more red in color but had less knots. I made the other set for my Manix 2. I only problem with that is im not sure if I should force the scales off of the Manix2 and im not sure if the g10 scales would fit back on the same way.

Also how do you think these two images below would be for a calender? ;)

Not sure if I will use either two of these I have some other photos, just wanna know what you think about them and what you think about the scales
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
angusW

Post by angusW »

Nice scales Adam. Is that a UK Penknife?

I would use the last pic.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Thank-you very much. And yes it is
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

angusW wrote:Nice scales Adam. Is that a UK Penknife?

I would use the last pic.
+1, , , That last pic is pretty cool.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Wonderful work! But even more impressive is your beautiful lake front property :) Is it full of smallies and/or brookies?
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

That is a beautiful knife. Out of those pictures the last one would be best for the calendar in my eyes. The second one would also be good if the satellite dish wasn't in the background. It's still a great picture anyway though.
Spyder Count: 7
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Adam,
Nice job on the scales. You anywhere near saranac lake? That's up where my son goes to college. As for the pictures I like the way you layed(sp) out the last one. I would like to see the knife clearly though.
My .02USD
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Wonderful work! But even more impressive is your beautiful lake front property Is it full of smallies and/or brookies?
Not really lake front or property, It is our hunting camp that is in hunting club forest area, and it is actually a pond. It is very nice though and I wish I lived there year round :D . And it is filled with large and small mouth bass, pike and some perch.
The second one would also be good if the satellite dish wasn't in the background.
I know, that one would have been great. Didn't realize the satellite was in the background till I was back home.
Nice job on the scales. You anywhere near saranac lake? That's up where my son goes to college. As for the pictures I like the way you layed(sp) out the last one. I would like to see the knife clearly though.
Yes very close. Does he go to Paul smiths college? And thank you for being honest.
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Senate

Post by Senate »

I_like_sharp_things wrote:That is a beautiful knife. Out of those pictures the last one would be best for the calendar in my eyes. The second one would also be good if the satellite dish wasn't in the background. It's still a great picture anyway though.
also exactly my thought...
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Very nice! I've thought about doing that myself for the UKPK. Were there any problems you ran into around the pivot or is it pretty much just drilling some holes and shaping it?
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

That is just amazing looking....
I wish i had half your talent, then i could make my own...
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

redyps04 wrote:Very nice! I've thought about doing that myself for the UKPK. Were there any problems you ran into around the pivot or is it pretty much just drilling some holes and shaping it?
No, I didn't have any problems around the pivot. Just hafta drill some holes and carve around the whole for the screw to fit. The worse part was that the bits I had were splintering some of the surface wood were I drilled. And added a couple of hand made plastic washers (I cut small circles out of a plastic label :D )
That is just amazing looking....
Thank-you
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dem0n1k

Post by dem0n1k »

awesome work! both the scales & the photographs look excellent. well done.
:spyder: australian spyderco fan :spyder:
jah

Post by jah »

Wow