Wharnie Delica 4 Wave

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
soupsandwich

Wharnie Endura Wave

Post by soupsandwich »

Here's my contribution to the images of wharncliffe'd Spydies, in this case a Endura Wave done by Mike Janich.
Attachments
EDC.jpg
EDC.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Sure it's not an Endura? :rolleyes:
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

That is awesome!
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Just because it says Endura 4 on the handle doesn't make it an Endura 4...Ok maybe it does :p
ChrisR wrote:Sure it's not an Endura? :rolleyes:
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
soupsandwich

My bad! It's an Endura.

Post by soupsandwich »

Okay, was having an interesting day yesterday and wasn't completely focused when I posted :o
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: That's so cool, Mr. Janich ground that down for you? That's powerful Damithurt juju! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I don't know if I'd call it a 'Wharnie' with that curve to the edge. It's more of a 'reverse tanto.' Wharncliffe bladed knives are usually a straight edge - more like a straight razor.

Something like this:

That does look very nice though!
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
roymail

Post by roymail »

I like the look, but I'd remove that hook and round to match the rest of the hole. But, that's just me, you must like the wave. Thanks for posting. :)
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

I know this is an old thread, but here is a pic of my Police 3 regrind done to mimic the Janich Endura. It has a 3 3/4" wharncliff (I think the Endura was ground back to less than 3" because Janich wanted to make sure it would be legal to carry most places, my police is much bigger) a flamed blue Ti pocket clip and semi polished G-10 (quicker pull from the pocket). Butter smooth action. Work done by Southard.

I know this is an old thread, but it seemed to be a good place to put this.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

RoBoTech wrote:
That modded Police is beautiful. Love that new blade profile...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

Here is a pic of the clip side

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If i could buy that with a bit less handle, i'd be all over it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

The mods done to the Endura and Police 3 are pretty awesome! It would be cool if Spyderco sold them!
dwong

Post by dwong »

great looking blade shape, look like it would fit on a delica handle.
Evil D wrote:If i could buy that with a bit less handle, i'd be all over it.
I see the atoms free and fine,That bubble like a sparkling wine; I see the songs Electrons sing,Jumping from ring to outer ring;
-Lister
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

That knife is sick!! Great idea!
RoBoTech wrote:Here is a pic of the clip side

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
EDCTAC

Post by EDCTAC »

this is my endura :)

:spyder:My mind is the sharpest weapon I have, my spyderco is the second!;)