My Spydies so far...

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Azad

My Spydies so far...

Post by Azad »

Got me a decent camera at long last! Here are some of my collection so far...

Pink Manix 2. I ordered 2 of these but the dealer messed up so I'm still waiting for the other one. I'm very happy with the shade of pink but there's a smudge of red at the tip of the handle as it didn't come in a plastic baggie and some of the red ink from the box rubbed onto it.

Recommended for those always wanting a pink Manix. Only thing that would have made it perfect would be a FFG. Love the fact that it came with a polished clip.

Azad

Post by Azad »

Love my CF Spydies... I prefer the smooth polished types compare to the textured stuff. The weave looks really nice and I don't care much if they're slippery and all. As long as the handle is ergonomic, has a choil and some gimping I see no reason they may slip off during cutting.

Azad

Post by Azad »

The Superhawks were a pleasant surprise. I'm starting to like the compression lock quite a bit. It's actually very lefty friendly. I may actually get a Para one of these days,

ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I like the Native IV CF ... I'll have to try to compare one day with the Caly3 CF and the Sage CF ... would be nice to see how they compare :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Bushbadger

Post by Bushbadger »

Nice collection! I'm still not sold on pink though :D
Azad

Post by Azad »

ChrisR wrote:I like the Native IV CF ... I'll have to try to compare one day with the Caly3 CF and the Sage CF ... would be nice to see how they compare :)
I don't have a Sage but yeah, I never thought about comparing it to the Caly CF. ZI do prefer the Caly though. Maybe it's the thumb ramp. I've grown so used to it I miss it when it isn't there.
Azad

Post by Azad »

Bushbadger wrote:Nice collection! I'm still not sold on pink though :D
The colour came out pretty accurate. Could be worst. The hot pink on the FRN models are definitely brighter. Still, I don't see myself carrying this around, too much explaining to be done.
Azad

Post by Azad »

Purple looks pretty nice...

Thankfully it truly is purple unlike the purple Ladybugs which seems more lavender to me.
orchunter93

FFG G10s

Post by orchunter93 »

Ive had my Sprint Run Manix 2 :spyder: for about 3 months. It holds a great edge with the CTS-XHP steel its made out of. Solid lockups. My Delica 4 :spyder: with a full flat ground V10 blade, and foliage green g10 handles is also amazing. Cuts through anything like a hot knife through butter. A little pricey but definitely worth it. The G10 handles on both knives are exceptionally grippy. And no other blade can beat full flat ground. That aspect alone is worth the money! Super pleased with spyderco! :)
Attachments
My New Spyders 001.jpg
My New Spyders 001.jpg (96.5 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
My New Spyders 011.jpg
My New Spyders 011.jpg (89.55 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
My New Spyders 006.jpg
My New Spyders 006.jpg (92.66 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
My New Spyders 014.jpg
My New Spyders 014.jpg (94.13 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
orchunter93

Post by orchunter93 »

Azad wrote:Purple looks pretty nice...

Thankfully it truly is purple unlike the purple Ladybugs which seems more lavender to me.
THERE IS A MINI MANIX AT PRODUCTWIZARD.COM for $128
orchunter93

FFG G10s

Post by orchunter93 »

Sprint run Manix 2 FFG G10 & Delica 4 FFG G10

Delica

MANIX 2

Azad

Post by Azad »

It's been a while since I bought a knife. In fact I've been selling off quite a few knives lately. With my health back in check I felt it was a great time to reward myself. The latest addition in my small Spyderco collection...

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]

I don't usually like bright colours but I'm starting to think it looks great as a backdrop instead of my usual stark plain background. Somehow, the titanium looks way different from what they look like in the catalogues. In fact they colour shift is very apparent when the light hits it from different angles. It looks bluish green I suppose.
oneunder

PM2, Sage 1, LadyBug3

Post by oneunder »

My first Spyderco was the Sage. I liked it so much that I got the PM2, and then the LadyBug. I bought the neck knife from Fred Perrin in a show last summer, the guy is very nice and funny; I thought it fitted well among the spydies because of the shape and their collaborations in the past.
The attachment photo_s.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
photo_s.JPG