Swick 2 G-10 scales and Kydex

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
JLS

Swick 2 G-10 scales and Kydex

Post by JLS »

This seems to be the popular thing today, but regardless, here are my efforts thus far. The scales make a huge difference in comfort and I'm going to be putting some on my Swick 1. I never used it much due to the lack of scales, so it's time I put some on and stop neglecting it.

This will actually be bumping one of my Mules from daily carry for a few days, just to give it a fair chance.

Anyway, here's the pictures from my phone due to the camera batteries being dead.

42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
duff72

Post by duff72 »

Very nice job
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

duff72 wrote:Very nice job
Big +1
Come Join Us Click Here
JLS

Post by JLS »

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It really is fun to see what you can do with time and elbow grease.
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

JLS,,,,,,,,,,Can you make me a set? I can pay pal you....That really what I want..FG G10..
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

That's a good looking knife and the pictures don't do it justice. :p I like the finger grooves in the front and it looks cleaner w/o the lanyard hole. I may do that on my 2nd Swick 2. I'm guessing you used 1/8 inch thick slabs?
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
JLS

Post by JLS »

Yes, they're 1/8" slabs. I have a second set done for a member here (I'll let him show the pictures if he wants) out of 1/8" black linen micarta that has a beadblast finish. They turned out great and have the lanyard hole drilled through. They're nice enough that I'm going to be doing a set for myself for either the Swick 1 or 2, and maybe both.

I never cared much for my Swick 1, but the slab handles should change that.
Arcitecht

Post by Arcitecht »

Nice, looks great. I almost just headed off to ebay to buy one....

So who did the sheath? Or did you buy it somewhere?
JLS

Post by JLS »

Rather than pay the inflated prices on Ebay, you can get one straight from Spyderco. It looks like they still have 22 of them.

I made the sheath for myself. There are some other guys on the forum here that are in the business of doing it. Marion Poff and Eighth of Eight are two names that come to mine, but there are others. Search the picture threads for more info on them.
KonaBlade808

Post by KonaBlade808 »

looks beautiful, was it difficult cutting out the G-10 ?
JLS

Post by JLS »

It's not too bad, but anything with fiberglass is **** on scroll saw blades. I generally prefer working with Micarta for that and other reasons. But the G-10 did turn out nice.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

wow thats beautiful, nice job!
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

JLS wrote:Yes, they're 1/8" slabs. I have a second set done for a member here (I'll let him show the pictures if he wants) out of 1/8" black linen micarta that has a beadblast finish. They turned out great and have the lanyard hole drilled through. They're nice enough that I'm going to be doing a set for myself for either the Swick 1 or 2, and maybe both.

I never cared much for my Swick 1, but the slab handles should change that.
Josh,
Many apologies for not posting some pics earlier. I love the black linen micarta scales. they really make this knife a user for me (in addition to the sheath). One of the things I like most about the scales is the weathered look of the bead blasted finish - it makes me want to use it vs. baby it like I do with some of my new 'shiny' knives. Great work and thanks again for taking on my project.
Mike
Attachments
Swick 2 Sheath Rt.jpg
Swick 2 Sheath Rt.jpg (99.95 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
Swick 2 Sheath Lt.jpg
Swick 2 Sheath Lt.jpg (100.71 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Swick 2 Scales Lt Close.jpg
Swick 2 Scales Lt Close.jpg (99.76 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
Swick 2 Scales Lt.jpg
Swick 2 Scales Lt.jpg (101.19 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
JLS

Post by JLS »

Mike, no problem. I don't really advertise and since you paid for them, they're yours to show...or not. I do appreciate the kind words and the next set of Mule handles I do will be the same beadblasted black Micarta. I also have some "butterscotch" Micarta that should be nice for handles...I just need to do them.