Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
gmcsuja

Post by gmcsuja »

Jazz posted some pictures of his Titanium UKPK in January and inspired me to do this...

My Titanium/Jade Salsa... :cool:

Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Pimp cat:
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Acid etched and stonewashed
Tyler, Fight Club

Geoffrey
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

gmcsuja wrote:Jazz posted some pictures of his Titanium UKPK in January and inspired me to do this...

My Titanium/Jade Salsa... :cool:

I can't take the credit, since someone else inspired me, but your's looks great! Nice work.

- best wishes, Jazz.
gmcsuja

Post by gmcsuja »

Thanks Jazz.
And that's a very cool Cat...
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Thanks! Now the blade have the same color as the frame.
Tyler, Fight Club

Geoffrey
Stony

Post by Stony »

Reblasted handles and clip, etched and tumbled blade. Wish I still had it. :mad:

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Gofannon wrote:Acid etched and stonewashed
Cool effect that matches well with the carbon fiber scales. I like it!
Wishlist: Delica G10. Cricket SE/PE. Cat. Air
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Andreas wrote:Cool effect that matches well with the carbon fiber scales. I like it!
Thanks Andres.
Tyler, Fight Club

Geoffrey
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

My latest mod is replacing the clip on my EDC PM2 with a Gavin Hawk Ti lever clip:

The clip incorporates a lever that when pressed, lifts the end of the clip, so that it does not rub the pants' pocket as you get the knife in/out of the pocket, yet provides a very strong grip in its "relaxed" state keeping the knife in place.

I will be the first one to admit that the finish/style does not go well with the overall finish of the PM2 - remember it is a generic part designed to work with several knives.

This is my EDC, so I am purely going after the function, and this works extremely well. These go for $25 including shipping, and you order them by sending an email directly to Gavin Hawk.

Will
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Usually Spydercos are designed with the idea of function over form so I think it's still pretty suitable :) If I really see it as an excuse to wear my knives clipped, I'll probably try one.
Wishlist: Delica G10. Cricket SE/PE. Cat. Air
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

wquiles wrote:My latest mod is replacing the clip on my EDC PM2 with a Gavin Hawk Ti lever clip:
This is my EDC, so I am purely going after the function, and this works extremely well. These go for $25 including shipping, and you order them by sending an email directly to Gavin Hawk.
Will
I will have to get one of those.
could you PM me the actual email for mr Hawk?
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

I have pimped out my Stretch.
Scales were changed to coarse Orange G-10. Upgraded scale screws to black T-8 TORX, and put on a new black clip to match the black back spacer.
This is one of my nicest customs. Blade centered, action smooth, and just gorgeous. A one of a kind.

wquiles

Post by wquiles »

RoBoTech wrote:I will have to get one of those.
could you PM me the actual email for mr Hawk?
PM sent
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

RoBoTech wrote:I have pimped out my Stretch.
Scales were changed to coarse Orange G-10. Upgraded scale screws to black T-8 TORX, and put on a new black clip to match the black back spacer.
This is one of my nicest customs. Blade centered, action smooth, and just gorgeous. A one of a kind.

That's an awesome lookin stretch, i like the look of the orange g10, if it was plain edge I'd buy one :)
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
RoBoTech

Black and Tan Para Military 1

Post by RoBoTech »

Just finished my black blade Para Military 1 to match my Desert Sand Military.
I drilled for a left hand carry, but then discovered that only two holes could be drilled for screws as the compression lock is in the way. Two screws would hold, but there would be a open hole. So, I have not drilled and tapped the liner.
I MAY buy a new clip as the old one has some wear, but this is a user, so maybe not.
Did add a custom spacer in the back, and upgraded the screw size.
Action is still a little tight to get blade centered, but this will come together as the parts seat.

RoBoTech

Blue CF Chokwe

Post by RoBoTech »

I just finished this pimpage to a Chokwe this morning.
I added a Blue Carbon Fiber scale. On my Civilian, I left the rough finish. Here, I smoothed it down. I did go a little into a lower layer, thus the darker spots. I learned a few things on this mod, and this is one of them.
I polished the TI side to a mirror finish, then flamed it to get a beautiful blue with a rainbow.
I made a TI pocket clip (my second attempt, but I am getting better at it). I polished it and flamed a blue with just the tip in a golden hue to give it some contrast to the scale. You can see the reflections in the polished scale in a couple of the pics.
I made a BIG boo boo and almost dumped the project.
I was confused as to why my 2-56 clip screws would not fit (they are smaller). They did on my earlier version of the Chokwe. So I started to run a 2-56 tap through to clean it out. UH UH. Steel tap and a Titanium frame is NOT compatible. Broke the tap with NO warning. And can't get it out. I learned that lesson the hard way. Should have known better.
I had already put the black scale back on and had the clip back on the tip down side, when I remembered I had a TI strip.
I had bought two when I did the clip for my Outlander II project.
So, I made my 2nd clip to cover the hole where the tap was broken. Essentially, the clip can never be removed, but as it's my knife, I don't want to remove it. The clip is a freehand custom, and is kinda rough, but works great.
Anyway, it turned out really nice as the action is glass smooth and the blade perfectly centered. I now have two great EDC Chokwes.

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Not the biggest Chokwe fan, but you make it look real nice. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I think your mods are pretty **** cool, really like the Millie and the Para, thanks for sharing.
HellHound

Para 1.5

Post by HellHound »

Well been away from the forum long, though did some mods for the para's on my free time. Trimmed the handle, added stripes, skeletonized liners a bit, added extra jimping on liner. Fixed some issues with the sticky liner and blade play, sanded washers so it would deploy smoother too.
Thanks for looking guys :)
Attachments
P4140290.JPG
P4140296.JPG
P4140295.JPG
P4140294.JPG
P4140292.JPG
thewannabesurvivalist