Spyderco's at work

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

252chevyboyz wrote:I'm kinda digging using a folder in the kitchen. Many chefs would probably look down upon it but it might be something that stays with me in the kitchen. Anyone else dig folders in the kitchen?
The biggest issue you'll get is whether it's AIB complaint for food industry use or not. If you're working in a restaurant or something using your EDC folder, even if you've washed it and even if you're properly sanitized it, AIB would probably have a cow if they caught you using it. In some areas OSHA might even have something to say about it.

Personally though, i'm real tempted to get a Pacific Salt and have it reground to a thin FFG for kitchen use, i just haven't done it yet.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
252chevyboyz

Post by 252chevyboyz »

O I don't use any folder or edc knife when working with public food. I will only use it if I am cooking food for me and my family. I will first touch up the blade, then wash it with soap and hot water, then I will dip the blade in boiling water to sanitize. If I'm working with food for the public I strictly use dedicated kitchen knives. These pics were taken at my home and that is where most of my pics will come from
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

My ZDP189 Endura has came to work with me many times. Image
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
STAK

Post by STAK »

252chevyboyz wrote:I'm kinda digging using a folder in the kitchen. Many chefs would probably look down upon it but it might be something that stays with me in the kitchen. Anyone else dig folders in the kitchen?
:spyder: I always use my SPIDIE folders in the kitchen ;) . . . . Is there anybody who doesn't :confused: . . . . I have my SPIDIES scary sharp so it is so easy cutting food :eek: . . . . Nowadays I use my ENDURA VG10 FFG Gray and my PARA2 CTS-20CP Gray, great cutters :D . . . . My H1 folders are resting for now :D . . . . :spyder:
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

....brought my sprint CF S90V to the office today....
Tom
252chevyboyz

Post by 252chevyboyz »

@JA: Geologist maybe?

@toomzz: Post up some pics if u snag any

Also I am stuck between Para2 or a Pacific Salt (straight edge) for the kitchen. One of these will be my next knife purchase
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

252chevyboyz wrote:@JA: Geologist maybe?
Nope.
I'm a Jack of all trades /Janitor at a hotel.

I was testing the water in the pool iN that pic. I use my endura to open all the pills I use.

Image My Endura has to have cut down a few thousand boxes by now ;D
252chevyboyz

Post by 252chevyboyz »

I work in a family landscaping business/jack of all trades (like my father)/hiker haha. I can see if the knife has seen as much use as the clip has then she has put in her work. I just saw that Water sample bottle and something that looked like chemicals in a tube and a analysis sheet in the background. That's where I came up with geologist
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I wish I was a geologist.

I bet the pays a lot better :)
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

The only time I really like a combo edge;

252chevyboyz

Post by 252chevyboyz »

@JA: sometimes its not all about the money. Gotta like who you work with and who you work for. Sometimes if your cool with all the staff at one place it makes the job easier and that much more worth it.

Also those serrated blades will tear boxes all to pieces.

Just the Persistence cutting 20 bales of pinestraw at work. Got 30 more bales to shake out Thursday.

A view down to the reservoir:

IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

Para 2 cutting plastic straps at work.
35:spyder:
252chevyboyz

Post by 252chevyboyz »

I use to work a building supply store here in town and those bands use be hard on edge. I had a Buck Vantage "Rush" at that time. I then left it in the backseat of a friends car and it was never to be seen again. It was kind of a blessing though cause then I moved to Spyderco. I love my Persistence. By the way the building supply store was called "Builder's Discount Center" or BDC for short.

Hows the edge holding up with those bands?
BAL

Post by BAL »

252chevyboyz wrote:@JA: sometimes its not all about the money. Gotta like who you work with and who you work for. Sometimes if your cool with all the staff at one place it makes the job easier and that much more worth it.

Also those serrated blades will tear boxes all to pieces.

Just the Persistence cutting 20 bales of pinestraw at work. Got 30 more bales to shake out Thursday.

A view down to the reservoir:

Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry.
252chevyboyz

Post by 252chevyboyz »

@BAL: Livin in Louisiana?
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

My Salt 1 doing what it does best: