Forum Knives

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
The Deacon

Forum Knives

Post by The Deacon »

After seeing how bad some of the Forum Model pictures I had on my site were, decided to take some new ones. Think these turned out a bit better.

2000 Spyderco Forum Military. 440V steel, MOP "bug", marked "90 of 500" but nowhere near that number were actually made...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

2001 BladeForums Blue G-10 Native. Only Forum knife ever offered in multiple edge types. These were all marked "1 of 300" but, as with the Military, I doubt that many were made...

[CENTER]Image

[/CENTER]

2002 Spyderco Forum Vesuvius. Handle color is listed as burgundy, looks more like purple grape juice. As with the others, the run of 500 was never completed...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

2003 BladeForums Spyderco Forum Blue Spyderhawk. Once again, the run of 300 was never completed. In fact more of these probably exist unmarked than forum marked...

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

2003 Spyderco Forum Blue Native III...

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

2005 Spyderco Forum Adventura. First Forum model designed by a forumite (other than Sal :D )...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

2006 Spyderco Forum Lava. First Forum model to be engraved on the handle...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kankryb

Post by kankryb »

I wished they were mine,very nice indeed. :cool:
169 :spyder: and always room for one more :D
JBE

Post by JBE »

I forgot how much I really like the Forum Military. That MOP "bug" really adds a nice touch to the handle.

Thanks for sharing! :D
Jason
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Paul,
Don't forget that the Vesuvius was halted due to the lock issue as well. I wonder how many of them made it out the door.
Nice Pics too. One of these days I'll find a forum millie.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.

Post by 224477 »

Looking at Alex` Adventura design, after a couple of years, kinda makes me think I should get one. To me it acts like one of those you dont like much on the 1st spot, but later the feeling slowly starts to develop. ;)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Very nice pic's, Paul!
Henning
Certified :spyder: addict

Help out at: http://www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Very good thread Paul.
Hopefully you will add one more picture soon (reasonably soon) :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Nice happy snaps Paul :)

Shows a good timeline for those who have asked in the other thread. Unfortunately for me I missed out on the earlier forum models. BUT fortunately for me I have some very nice online friends here... a knife designer of Hawaiian background gifted me a NIB Forum Lava ;) for which I am grateful. It sits proudly next to my other Lavas and will most likely be lovingly coddled in there until ... I decide to use it :eek: !!!
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
jjmc2001

Post by jjmc2001 »

Nice thread to be resurrected on rare forum knives. That may be the Vesuvius that I sold on ebay. If not I hope mine is in good hands. Still love my Spydies-I just had to lighten my load in pursuit of other items I am collecting.
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Outstanding stash ya have there Paul!

The 2000 forum knife brings back some good memories!

Sam :D :spyder: :D
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

its weird back in the day they never produced the actual numbered amounts of the forum knives but now when they make another forum knife it isnt enough ?
The Deacon

2009 Forum Native

Post by The Deacon »

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
jjmc2001 wrote:Nice thread to be resurrected on rare forum knives. That may be the Vesuvius that I sold on ebay. If not I hope mine is in good hands. Still love my Spydies-I just had to lighten my load in pursuit of other items I am collecting.
Well, since you resurrected it, figured I might as well add the latest one. :D Shot taken the other day while hiking at John Boyd Thacher State Park.

As for the Vesuvius, I've had that for three or four years, probably purchased it on eBay but honestly don't recall the details. If that fit's the time frame of your sale, then it's possible.
samosaurus wrote:Outstanding stash ya have there Paul!

The 2000 forum knife brings back some good memories!

Sam :D :spyder: :D
Hey Samo! Good to see you. :) Glad I could stir up some pleasant memories for ya! :D
RIOT wrote:its weird back in the day they never produced the actual numbered amounts of the forum knives but now when they make another forum knife it isnt enough ?
For one thing, don't believe there were anywhere near as many people on the forums back then. Plus, the knives were sold at full MSRP. That forum Military would have been around $150, I believe the blue G-10 Natives were around $125, and the Vesuvius would have been around $90. I suspect another reason would be that limited production Spyderco knives had not yet become "commoditized" enough to attract the interest of scalpers.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Good show, thanks for the work you do for the forums!
Paul, I see forum knives from SF and BF, most likely as you are member in both forums. Did you refuse the USN-Endura as I did, did you?
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

They are all really nice, but the new native is very nice. I can see why there was a higher demand for them. Spyderco did a very nice job on them this year. They were made affordable and the native is a good all around size. Thanks Spyderco! Take care, John.
:spyder: Control the HEAD...and you control the SNAKE! :spyder:
:spyder: Integrity is being good even if no one is watching :spyder:
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Wow nice pics!
looks like I need to get on over to bladeforums in case anymore blue forum knives are made over there ;)
Vic