Share your in-hand pictures!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
RevMike

Re: Share your in-hand pictures!

Post by RevMike »

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

RevMike wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:15 pm
Nice shot Mike , like the rock formation below the skyline . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
AH80s

Post by AH80s »

3D808F0F-F465-407B-AC2C-84FAE331F58A.jpeg
CB866FE1-48B1-4FB9-BF0D-A311511F7043.jpeg
YojUmbo
Andrew
vivi

Post by vivi »

Don't know how ya'll use these comfortably:

The handle feels half as wide from top to bottom as it should be. I can't get a comfortable grip on these at all.

This one will be gifted to someone who will appreciate it.
:unicorn
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

vivi wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:35 am
You know, if you are looking for a good salt model, I think the Pac Salt would be perfect for you.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
vivi

Post by vivi »

you don't say :rofl

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

That's right and here is a link to a great thread with reviews, pics, and all you could ask for about the Pac Salts. I have a gut feeling this one is going to be just right.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91299
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
vivi

Post by vivi »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:56 pm
That's right and here is a link to a great thread with reviews, pics, and all you could ask for about the Pac Salts. I have a gut feeling this one is going to be just right.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91299
I see a post from 2021 saying my next purchase will probably be a swick 5. where's the emoji for laughing and crying at the same time? :rofl :pleading :rofl
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

🤣 😂 😆 😄 😃 😀 🙂 😲 🥺 🥹 😢 😣 😩 😫 😭

You have to work up to it.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Everyone stole my lines ! 😂😅 Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
vivi

Post by vivi »

since its a user i need to sharpen up anyways maybe ill do an impressions thread in gen discussion before I wrap it uo and put it under the tree.
vivi

Post by vivi »

showed her how the index choil works but "it fits my hand perfect this way!"

I couldn't imagine carving wood with a dragonfly gripped that way lol.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

One of my absolute favorites.

And one that may overtake it. Time will tell.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Nice in hand comparison, Shaman choil gets my vote ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Shaman may be the only model I prefer using the choil on. The large nub makes it feel very secure. The large choil doesn't seem awkard like you only want to use it for choking up in detailed work. It is good for sure. I need a good Manix 2 sprint in G10 to really test this theory out for science of course.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:38 am
Shaman may be the only model I prefer using the choil on. The large nub makes it feel very secure. The large choil doesn't seem awkard like you only want to use it for choking up in detailed work. It is good for sure. I need a good Manix 2 sprint in G10 to really test this theory out for science of course.
Henry David Thoreau
vivi

Post by vivi »

Downside to the shamans choil is the awful leverage you get when not using it because of how far back your hand sits from the edge.

Between that and how blade heavy the Shaman feels gripped like this, I passed on the model. I use my knives behind the index choil 90%+ of the time and the Shaman felt optimized for the opposite grip. Like trying to use a Caly 3 behind the choil.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Yeah, the Shaman definitely feels like a choil first choil all the time model. I figured I use everything else behind the choil, I might as well give this one a chance in the choil. So far so good. The large nub and large choil cutout make it very pleasant using the choil. I typically don't care too much for the choil because they are narrow and shallow. With the exception of the Manix series and the Chief. Both grips actually feel good on those. We will see how it goes. I like the Native series for its relative thinness without the hump.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

vivi wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:23 am
Downside to the shamans choil is the awful leverage you get when not using it because of how far back your hand sits from the edge.
I found the fix! You just have to stretch your thumb way out. Leverage back. :')

Yeah, it's definitely a choil model for me. And I am the same way. I prefer the grip behind the choil typically.

The Caly 3.5 is the other regular carry where I use the choil only. All my others I go behind the choil. The Caly 3.5 also has that larger choil cutout, so it feels natural and comfortable to go choil only.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
vivi

Post by vivi »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:58 pm
Yeah, the Shaman definitely feels like a choil first choil all the time model. I figured I use everything else behind the choil, I might as well give this one a chance in the choil. So far so good. The large nub and large choil cutout make it very pleasant using the choil. I typically don't care too much for the choil because they are narrow and shallow. With the exception of the Manix series and the Chief. Both grips actually feel good on those. We will see how it goes. I like the Native series for its relative thinness without the hump.
The Chief is the only model where I reach for the choil with any regularity. A lot of it has to do with the flattened spine VS the large hump on most models. It feels very comfortable in both grips for me, which is one of the reason it immediately became a go to over long time favorites like the Military and Police.

The Shaman seems like one of the best knives on the market if you want a beefy folder and prefer an index choil based grip. I can see the appeal, I just prefer a different grip. Few knives match the ergonomics of the Shaman in their choked up grip though, it's extremely comfortable.