Show your Delica's

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Nice additions, Riot.

General consensus on the different Delica generations would make your last trainer a Delica 3- trainer.
Delica 2 is the SS Delica's... Except for the Delica IV SS's.
Yeah, it's confusing!
Henning
Certified :spyder: addict

Help out at: http://www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Fairlane wrote:Nice additions, Riot.

General consensus on the different Delica generations would make your last trainer a Delica 3- trainer.
Delica 2 is the SS Delica's... Except for the Delica IV SS's.
Yeah, it's confusing!
Thank you Fairlane,

What is confusing to me is for 1. the guy called it the D2 trainer when purchaced, and 2. isnt there another trainer with the same handle but different blade? a blade like the new trainers ? which i figured was the D3, all in all im still missing one more i think
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

RIOT wrote:Thank you Fairlane,

What is confusing to me is for 1. the guy called it the D2 trainer when purchaced, and 2. isnt there another trainer with the same handle but different blade? a blade like the new trainers ? which i figured was the D3, all in all im still missing one more i think
Please take into account i'm not that big on Delica Trainers.
But i believe there might be 2 versions of the Delica 3- trainer.

Still this would be what's called a Delica 3 due to the "generations" that has been established through what we might call consensus :)

The Delica's:

Delica 1- integral FRN- clip
Delica 2- SS handle Delica's (Originally a different SKU (C43) )
Delica3- Barrel bolt clip
Delica 4- Delica 4's including the SS with the Delica 4 blade.

Looking at it like this, would be in line with how Spyderco used to handle their SKU's and how they handle them now.
Henning

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

thats what i thought actually but I was thrown off by the add description

too many Delicas, still need more, btw I changed it to a D3 up above
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Took some better pics than the usual crap, hope you like.

These are my new custom g10 D4's from Brad/Tricod

Blue G10 w/Anso texture

and Yellow G10 w/Dimple texture

Brad once again thank you very much, i might even carry the blue one, they came out great.
Attachments
DSC01099.jpg
DSC01099.jpg (69.51 KiB) Viewed 7211 times
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

another view...
Attachments
DSC01104.jpg
DSC01104.jpg (65.37 KiB) Viewed 7124 times
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

RIOT wrote:thats what i thought actually but I was thrown off by the add description

too many Delicas, still need more, btw I changed it to a D3 up above
Well,

There's one article in the Spydiewiki which will be a real job to get right, and that's the Delica one. The Delica has had so many variations if you go down enough, you would be amazed!

I have 21 in my collection if we count the C76, and i'm guessing there would be 4 times that if you were to have one of each different one.
The amount of small changes over time to this model is amazing.

It seems Tony has managed to figure out a lot of them in the Endura- article, but even still...

Keep looking, there's always a slightly different new Delica to find!

And nice additions!
Henning

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Fairlane wrote:Well,

There's one article in the Spydiewiki which will be a real job to get right, and that's the Delica one. The Delica has had so many variations if you go down enough, you would be amazed!

I have 21 in my collection if we count the C76, and i'm guessing there would be 4 times that if you were to have one of each different one.
The amount of small changes over time to this model is amazing.

It seems Tony has managed to figure out a lot of them in the Endura- article, but even still...

Keep looking, there's always a slightly different new Delica to find!

And nice additions!
is that spydiewiki up and running completley ?

even the same models but different blade steels are gonna be tuff, i gotta keep my eye out :eek:
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

RIOT wrote:is that spydiewiki up and running completley ?

even the same models but different blade steels are gonna be tuff, i gotta keep my eye out :eek:
I would say so!

BUT, (There's always a but :rolleyes: ) there's a LOT of articles that's not even thought up yet. And it has to be dynamic, considering the pace the great Spyderco factory get new models out. So, yes, it's up and running, but my guess is it will never be complete :)

I have a Delica 3 without the boye- dent in my collection, which i bought just because of that, btw. If you start looking into the minor details i'm sure there's at least 80 different versions of the Delica.
Henning

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Fairlane wrote:I would say so!

BUT, (There's always a but :rolleyes: ) there's a LOT of articles that's not even thought up yet. And it has to be dynamic, considering the pace the great Spyderco factory get new models out. So, yes, it's up and running, but my guess is it will never be complete :)

I have a Delica 3 without the boye- dent in my collection, which i bought just because of that, btw. If you start looking into the minor details i'm sure there's at least 80 different versions of the Delica.
who is in charge of filling out the wiki info about each knife and all the details about it?

i have the same knife i bought for the same reason d3 no boye dent, its in the pics here.

back to the wiki when i looked up delica nothing came up but other models are starting to get filled in, now that i think about it the Delica might be the knife that gets 100% completed last

still wish i had a check list of all minor differences on each one ever made, so i could check one off and start looking for another, the d3s are coming along, seems like there wasnt too many different ones made compared to the d4s, need the blue d3 and the other red trainer i dont have

kinda fun picking one model and trying to find them all though

RIOT
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

RIOT wrote:who is in charge of filling out the wiki info about each knife and all the details about it?
The one who does it :) You interested? You can start the C11 Delica article.
RIOT wrote:i have the same knife i bought for the same reason d3 no boye dent, its in the pics here.
Thought i'd seen it in here somewhere.
RIOT wrote:back to the wiki when i looked up delica nothing came up but other models are starting to get filled in, now that i think about it the Delica might be the knife that gets 100% completed last
It might be, or someone who knows almost every Delica variation might come by and do it all tomorrow. That's the beauty of the Wiki.
Everyone is welcome to contribute, although in our Wiki you will have to register first.
RIOT wrote:still wish i had a check list of all minor differences on each one ever made, so i could check one off and start looking for another, the d3s are coming along, seems like there wasnt too many different ones made compared to the d4s, need the blue d3 and the other red trainer i dont have

RIOT
That's been one of the main ideas about the Spydiewiki, giving people a chance to know most of the variations of different knives without having to trawl trough 1000's of posts on various forums and 25 websites.

The idea is to have most information about a knife collected in the wiki, and then point you in the right direction for even more indepth information about a particular model if that exists.
Henning

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

ive been carrying spyderco for along time now but im not the one that knows answers, im the one that asks the questions, so id be the last guy to fill out educational info about anything here, but i am learning slowly.

Yes the spyderwiki is a awesome idea and i cant wait till the Delica section gets filled in accurately
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

This is what I had on me today. Here in Ohio it's beautiful outside and very windy. I took the knives out of my pocket and put them on some firewood sitting outside and snapped off some pics.

In the process of fixing the picture links folks. I accidentally changed some stuff on my site.

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
LowSpeedHighDrag

Post by LowSpeedHighDrag »

My newest Delica. A deli 3:

MOLON LABE
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

back to the crappy pics

Delica1 CE Aus-8 with the fat clip....
Attachments
DSC01125.jpg
DSC01125.jpg (36.59 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

David Lowry,

That blue Delica is the most beautiful Delica i have ever seen!!!

i have one on the way but, i am sure it will not be like yours, that thing is seriously stunning!
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

Took some pics of the D4W I got back from Krein. :D
Attachments
100_23056.jpg
100_23056.jpg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
100_230666.jpg
100_230666.jpg (87.84 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

This one
Attachments
100_23077.jpg
100_23077.jpg (98.51 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Pink D3 SE (chipped tip) no boye dent, ATS-55....
Attachments
DSC01130.jpg
DSC01130.jpg (36.56 KiB) Viewed 7111 times
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Delica1 Pink SE unmarked steel type thin clip, CC# 033...
Attachments
DSC01133.jpg
DSC01133.jpg (37.65 KiB) Viewed 7087 times