Show your Delica's

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Reject

Re: Show your Delica's

Post by Reject »

:eek: I like that. :) Very nicely done.
How much can a Koala bear?
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Here's mine (soon to be joined by HAP-40 Burnt Orange one)
Would love some info on the two older ones, only thing i know is they are both early 90's ones, but they are different in blade stamp and pocket clip:

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Going back to Caly.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

SpeedHoles: You're not making the wait any easier you know.. ;)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Larry_Mott wrote:SpeedHoles: You're not making the wait any easier you know.. ;)

It's worth the wait, you'll enjoy it! :)
Going back to Caly.
ScottG

Post by ScottG »

Reject

Post by Reject »

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Wow reject, you got it bad.. :D Is that all of them?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Reject

Post by Reject »

farnorthdan wrote:Wow reject, you got it bad.. :D Is that all of them?
That is all of the Delicas that I have so far, Image but it is only a beginning of the Delica variations out there.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Reject wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Wow reject, you got it bad.. :D Is that all of them?
That is all of the Delicas that I have so far, Image but it is only a beginning of the Delica variations out there.
Well that is one sweet collection, very impressive, I admire your dedication. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Wow.. i think that's about as many Delicas as the total amount of Spydies i own :)
Reject

Re:

Post by Reject »

About time for another look at the Delica collection of Riot.
ImageTo put things in to perspective

Image This photo taken back in was taken back in 2010.
I would love to know if this collection is still intact or hopefully grown even larger.

On page 21 :spyder:
RIOT wrote:bout time for an updated Family of Delicas, including the colored FFGs some new D1s & Delica Damascus....

Holland

Post by Holland »

Larry_Mott wrote:Here's mine (soon to be joined by HAP-40 Burnt Orange one)
Would love some info on the two older ones, only thing i know is they are both early 90's ones, but they are different in blade stamp and pocket clip:

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C11_Delica" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nice knives! I am jealous of your green handled delica 1!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
RIOT

Re: Re:

Post by RIOT »

Reject wrote:About time for another look at the Delica collection of Riot.

I would love to know if this collection is still intact or hopefully grown even larger.

RIOT wrote:bout time for an updated Family of Delicas, including the colored FFGs some new D1s & Delica Damascus....

In between jobs I could not keep up with the new delicas coming out so fast, ended up selling everything except my CF Delicas, sad because it was alot of work and $$$ to get where I got. Proud of how far it went but would never try it again, it was a brutal task, good luck to you and your collection, think maybe you and someone else have the biggest now.

Hello everyone.
Reject

Re: Re:

Post by Reject »

RIOT wrote:
Reject wrote:About time for another look at the Delica collection of Riot.

In between jobs I could not keep up with the new delicas coming out so fast, ended up selling everything except my CF Delicas, sad because it was alot of work and $$$ to get where I got. Proud of how far it went but would never try it again, it was a brutal task, good luck to you and your collection, think maybe you and someone else have the biggest now.

Hello everyone.
That’s sad; :( it was a beautiful collection.

The thing that started me on Delicas, was Australian import restrictions. Delicas were the largest Spyderco knife you could import without the risk of them being taken by the Australian Customs service.

I will stay away from the custom Delicas, but I think the collection will slowly grow. It will not get as complete as your collection was; they just getting to hard to find. :o And when they do appear, their prices are usually way out of my budget.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Before the hump came off...

... and after the hump came off.

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

A nice steep bevel...

... and a nice 30 degree micro bevel. :)

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

I didn't force this patina but an apple a day turned it almost black.

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
bearfacedkiller

Splitting hairs. :cool:

-Darby