Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
farnorthdan

Re: Show off your latest purchase

Post by farnorthdan »

T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

double posted pic. Deleted original.
Last edited by T-1000 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

Didn't mean to post it like this, and cant figure out to delete..
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

T-1000 wrote:Didn't mean to post it like this, and cant figure out to delete..
I've been having trouble with picture size on the new forums too. I don't see anything about deleting a post in the post editor either, but if you want to delete it, you could just click on the edit button, delete the whole contents (or maybe insert a note saying "post deleted" :) and repost. That would give you about the same end result as the old forum, which left the frame of the post in place after deleting.

Or you could just leave your post as is until you find a way to resize the pic and then edit it with the new pic... could now insert a note saying "new pic to come" or whatever :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

If anyone wants to see the image, just right click it and "view image" or however your browser words it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Donut wrote:If anyone wants to see the image, just right click it and "view image" or however your browser words it.
We live and learn! Chrome says "open image in new tab" and it works! Thanx, Donut

Nice Tasman Salt PE, T-1000!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Been looking to pick up an Ocelot for years. Managed to snag a new w/o box specimen for $94. Since I plan on carrying it, the missing box was no big deal. It has a very small spot of rust on the plunge line, but I'll just polish that out. I forgot I had another bid on one (NIB), so hopefully someone outbids me on that one, as my max bid is a bit below what they've been selling for. If not, guess I'll have two!

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

DougC-3 wrote:
Donut wrote:If anyone wants to see the image, just right click it and "view image" or however your browser words it.
We live and learn! Chrome says "open image in new tab" and it works! Thanx, Donut

Nice Tasman Salt PE, T-1000!
Thanks, and thanks for the tips. Hopefully this was just a fluke and it wont happen every time I try to post pics. Really digging the hawkbill, and trying out the rust proof blade at work.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

Ok I figured it out. Opened the image in imgur to edit and reduce the proportions of the image to a sixth of the original.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

T-1000 wrote:Ok I figured it out. Opened the image in imgur to edit and reduce the proportions of the image to a sixth of the original.
That's nice to know. Most of the images posted in this new forum are still cut off on the right side on the devices I usually surf with, an EEE PC (1024x600 rsolution) and a Nexus 7 (2013) android tablet (1920x1200). Apparently this is some sort of scaling problem. With the old forum, AFAIK when I downloaded images from photobucket to the forum they seemed to be automatically resized to about 1024x680, which seemed to work fine on the old forum but does not work on the new one. I've also tried manually resizing on p'bucket and had it have no effect on posted pics on the new forum :confused: (Somebody can correct me about the way this works if necessary ;) ) I'm hoping that our web team will get to this glitch, maybe after Kristi returns from the military event.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I've never seen a cut off image since the new forum came online...they all look good to me and have since day one.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

The cut off pics are REALLY annoying.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Jazz wrote:The cut off pics are REALLY annoying.
I tried deleting cookies as Kristi suggested when she was first told about it, and it had no effect. I tried Chrome and Firefox, and it was exactly the same in both. At least I can view pics full size in both browsers if I right click and select view image or whatever... but that's a drawback if you like to quickly scroll down and scan all the photos at once.
3rdGenRigger wrote:I've never seen a cut off image since the new forum came online...they all look good to me and have since day one.
Have you checked the forum on any small devices or just large monitors?
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Just my desktop, and I use Chrome. I just tried for the first time on my iPhone 4 (Not even a 4S...I definitely need an upgrade soon), and it looks fine using the Safari browser. Looks exactly the same as it does on my desktop.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

Jazz wrote:The cut off pics are REALLY annoying.
Yes it is. I've found that only with resolutions from 1600 wide you see the pics usually posted (1024 or so wide) without cropping. I've tried Chrome (Android and PC), Firefox and Explorer. The exception is my Ipad Air, with 2048 resolution still crops the images using Safari... :(
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

3rdGenRigger wrote:Just my desktop, and I use Chrome. I just tried for the first time on my iPhone 4 (Not even a 4S...I definitely need an upgrade soon), and it looks fine using the Safari browser. Looks exactly the same as it does on my desktop.
I'm on an iPhone 4 and Safari and it doesn't work. Doesn't work on my PC either.
- best wishes, Jazz.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Fooks714

Post by Fooks714 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Image
Great pick ups Golden! How did you get those blades with the towers on them?
Fooks

Current:
Delica 4 Gray FRN

Wishlist:
PM2 (any model), Manix2 Lightweight, Caly 3 CF ZDP, Dragonfly Green Foliage too many to list
This is just the start!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Fooks714 wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:Image
Great pick ups Golden! How did you get those blades with the towers on them?
They are World Trade Center commemorative D'allara Rescues. The towers represent the twin towers in NYC, and the inlay is made from steel from WTC building #1.

They were released shortly after the 9-11 terrorist attack in 2001 as a fundraiser for the Orphans and Widows fund. Yesterday, Spyderco released the last 100 of "spare" WTCs. These were apparently kept around to be replacements if someone returned a knife for warranty.

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=59" target="_blank