Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Aksum3001 wrote:Image
The Techno is the newest in the Titanium collection.
very nice!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

AlexP wrote:Image

Latest score, as far as I know GIN-1 steel :)
Nice, great pic too! Yep, G-2/GIN-1 on this one. A fine looking Spyderco.
AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Reject

Post by Reject »

:rolleyes: Well not technically a purchase.

A local forum had a raffle that they called The Fat Chance draw.
First prize was $500 to spend at the on line store Urban Conquest.

:D Guess Who won first prize.

How much can a Koala bear?
jnsn

Post by jnsn »

just got this chokwe in the mail about 10 minutes ago. i got it from knife center and it was still sealed in the plastic bag. my question is, why is it not the least bit sharp? theres an edge on it but it just tears paper.. i cleaned it thinking oil may be the cause but no luck. any other issues with dull brand new spydercos? all of my others were shaving out of the box. ill try my ceramic rods later tonight and hopefully that helps. if not i guess ill pay to send it to golden and get sharpened =/

regardless, everything else is fantastic.. f&f from taiwan is flawless aside from the edge. love the size to weight ratio of this thing. benchmade 890 is to show size.

[CENTER]HAVE: sage 1, chokwe, gayle bradley, UKPK, wooden dragonfly, grasshopper, bug, bug set, kiwi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

That is odd, mine came super sharp, in fact one of the sharpest I have ever received from Spyderco.
jnsn

Post by jnsn »

i expected it to be razor sharp, my sage from taiwan sure was. i use a smiths 3-n-1 (rods only) after 80 passes "sharpmaker style" pointed corner first 40 passes, then the flat side 40 passes its now shaving arm hair. no worries, beautiful knife thats going to be carried and used.
[CENTER]HAVE: sage 1, chokwe, gayle bradley, UKPK, wooden dragonfly, grasshopper, bug, bug set, kiwi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've had a few Spydercos that didn't come very sharp. Ironically enough, neither of my Manix 2's where very sharp right out of the box. Here's the latest one.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

jnsn wrote:i expected it to be razor sharp, my sage from taiwan sure was. i use a smiths 3-n-1 (rods only) after 80 passes "sharpmaker style" pointed corner first 40 passes, then the flat side 40 passes its now shaving arm hair. no worries, beautiful knife thats going to be carried and used.
I love the model IMO it is one of the most interesting designs that Spyderco has released. For a knife that looks like it was designed with a ruler it has great ergonoimics, it's very quick to deploy and like you say the Taiwan knives are great. Only thing I find with the knife is that it is a little large around NKP.
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

My first Frankenspyder...

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Michael Walker...

“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

blue ambitious . wanted to post a picture but i do not get it under 100 kb in manage attachments ????? any tip"s ?
eitenbuffalo34

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

Just got my blue M390 PM2 yesterday, I will be rocking this thing for eternity (pics to come)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

LGRE3 Ladybug 3 in ZDP-189 with a Full Flat Ground blade and British Racing Green FRN handle. :cool:

I've favored the manbug over the ladybug since the former was introduced, but I must say that with the FFG blade, the ladybug seems quite the little slicer. It's all about that FFG (oh and the super steel doesn't hurt).

Unfortunately, this one's a gift. :rolleyes:
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

What in the **** is that red one a mod of different parts with a liner lock at the top ? I see it but my brain doesn't register what it is I'm confused now ....mumbling to myself and slightly shaken :D .
Seriously that is cool. Despite the compression lock confusing me don't ask why I just sort of had brain freeze .
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

evil d wrote:i've had a few spydercos that didn't come very sharp. Ironically enough, neither of my manix 2's where very sharp right out of the box. Here's the latest one.

:0 where? How? Who? How much? This is amazing!!!!!!!!!
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
Holland

Post by Holland »

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

Bladekeeper wrote:What in the **** is that red one a mod of different parts with a liner lock at the top ? I see it but my brain doesn't register what it is I'm confused now ....mumbling to myself and slightly shaken :D .
Seriously that is cool. Despite the compression lock confusing me don't ask why I just sort of had brain freeze .
Nothing too spectaclular, just take a look at the blade steel.
You may probably guess, that there might be a brown Para 2 right now with the CTS-XHP.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.
thurin

Post by thurin »

Now to decide what to do with it.
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

My first flipper, and it's a Spyderco!
Southard:
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey