Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Irelander

Post by Irelander »

Mocean wrote:Still my most recent purchase. Next......Para-Military 2 I think!

What model is this? Is it still available?
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Irelander wrote:What model is this? Is it still available?
That's a Techno. It came out earlier this year. Cool looking blade but its just out of my budget right now.
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Wood & Steel

Post by Wood & Steel »

That Techno is a NICE EDC! I sure wish it was available in LHC.
B.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

That spyderedge dodo is one **** of a mean looking blade never knew they did ps.
Holland

Post by Holland »

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Bladekeeper wrote:That spyderedge dodo is one **** of a mean looking blade never knew they did ps.
By ps do you mean combo edge? The blue and black versions come in Spyderedge or plain edge and the orange and carbon fiber sprints only come in plain edge.
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

A Kershaw Speedform

| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I got a custom SAK in the mail today.

Alox Explorer Image Image
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

These two came today, sniped fresh from Ebay.

Attachments
E4 G-10 & E4 Brn 010 (Large).JPG
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Mocean

Post by Mocean »

As I cannot get a Paramilitary 2 here in Japan I had to jump ship for this purchase. Great knife, and my favourite Spyderco is still in the pic!

FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Image and since I no longer have to buy an engagement ring I jumped off the deep end I spent some of that fund.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
Mocean

Post by Mocean »

Love the Leaf Storm, what are your thoughts on it?
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Mocean wrote:Love the Leaf Storm, what are your thoughts on it?
The build on it is very nice but I'm learning that I really find small knives without a choil not as comfortable as I would like. Give me the Dodo with the Leaf Storms blade and I think I'd fall in love on the spot. So I like it more than I dislike it but it wont replace my Cricket.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Tally-ho wrote:A Kershaw Speedform

Kershaw does put out some really high value folders. I don't own any yet but I am thinking of it, the Speedform is a great looking model.Are you happy with it?
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Mocean wrote:As I cannot get a Paramilitary 2 here in Japan I had to jump ship for this purchase. Great knife, and my favourite Spyderco is still in the pic!

Are you impressed with the 0350? I think this will be my next knife. I am also considering the 0550.
Mocean

Post by Mocean »

DRKBC wrote:Are you impressed with the 0350? I think this will be my next knife. I am also considering the 0550.
I am, I have used one quite a lot in the past which prompted me to get my own. I like the 0300 series better construction wise, but I don't need a folder that size.

The 0350s size is perfect for me as a knife for camping, used in conjunction with my Esee 4. The blade is a great shape, the S30V steel is wonderful and the assisted opening is just fun!

Fit and finish are exceptional and overall, I dont think you can go too wrong with this knife considering its only $100 or so.

I also like the 0550 as well, in fact the whole ZT line is difficult to fault.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Mocean wrote:I am, I have used one quite a lot in the past which prompted me to get my own. I like the 0300 series better construction wise, but I don't need a folder that size.

The 0350s size is perfect for me as a knife for camping, used in conjunction with my Esee 4. The blade is a great shape, the S30V steel is wonderful and the assisted opening is just fun!

Fit and finish are exceptional and overall, I don't think you can go too wrong with this knife considering its only $100 or so.

I also like the 0550 as well, in fact the whole ZT line is difficult to fault.
I feel the same I love the 0300 particularly the machined G10 and frame lock but would I feel comfortable carrying it .... not really adn the same goes for the 0560/1. The 0350 and 0550 are just a far more practical size.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Custom Brad Southard

The Downing is a small, 3 finger knife and I love it. Its an awesome LBK that I would love to see produced by Spyderco.... its right up the Spydie-alley. Its a wicked little hawkbill with Titanium framelock on one side and G-10 liner and backspacer. The jimping is wery nice and well executed. The dipple jimping give it an extra nice look and its even in the Spydiehole! The 2 1/8″ blade has a nice rounded spine and is very similar in shape and lenght as the Dodo without a reverse S. A marvelous little EDC knife!! Hope you like it I do anyway :)

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
DRH

My Southard arrived today.

Post by DRH »

Glad I was able to get one from the first batch that shipped out.

Great blade shape, right size, great lock-up, smooth flipping ... what's not to like!
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

IG-88 wrote:Custom Brad Southard

The Downing is a small, 3 finger knife and I love it. Its an awesome LBK that I would love to see produced by Spyderco.... its right up the Spydie-alley. Its a wicked little hawkbill with Titanium framelock on one side and G-10 liner and backspacer. The jimping is wery nice and well executed. The dipple jimping give it an extra nice look and its even in the Spydiehole! The 2 1/8″ blade has a nice rounded spine and is very similar in shape and lenght as the Dodo without a reverse S. A marvelous little EDC knife!! Hope you like it I do anyway :)

That is a stunning knife I would be all for a Spyderco collaboration on that one for sure