Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

MCM wrote:Marion, Did they ever give a reason for the undersized scales?
Thanks!
Yeah, they believed that there might be enough variance between Mules that they would need the under-sized handles to fit them all.

No worries, the next run will not be undersized by anywhere near that margin.

The new run comes out tomorrow.

Best,
Marion
Marion David Poff
Jijoel

Post by Jijoel »

A 98 microtech mini socom and a carbon fiber full spyderedge delica. :D

Donut

Post by Donut »

The mule is not new, but today my Halpern Titanium scales came in. I did not choose the undersized ones. Also, a Persistence came, I intend for it to be a backup.

Psychopomp

Post by Psychopomp »

Just got it Monday and haven't really started the sharpening process, but I can tell I'm going to love this knife. Fit n' finish is nearly perfect, walk and talk are flawless and it has very strong half stops and a pretty strong pull on both blades.

It's gonna take some work to get sharp, but this knife may very well become my next long term EDC... if I can take the Paramilitary out of my pocket.
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Got this in trade for my Endura and 9Cr18Mo Mule + $20 at a gun show yesterday.

Donut

Post by Donut »

ChrisM wrote:Got this in trade for my Endura and 9Cr18Mo Mule + $20 at a gun show yesterday.
That's interesting, my ZDP Delica is Green, not blue.
skunk_2

Post by skunk_2 »

i posted this in the 'what have you bought in 2010' thread, and i know its know a :spyder: , but i LOVE it, and love to show it off, gransfors bruks small forest axe.

btw/ i think ZDP delicas came in blue FRN before the green ones.
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

A little Hawk found its way over the pond....

What a wicked little blade!!!!
Si vis pacem parabellum

Post by 224477 »

Donut wrote:That's interesting, my ZDP Delica is Green, not blue.
ZDP in british racing green is a regular one, the blue one was a limited edition sprint run - relatively higher value :D
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Bushbadger

Post by Bushbadger »

This arrived last week and hasn't left my pocket since :D
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

Sorry, no pic at the moment. Been almost a year since my last Spydie, but I received a Pink Native as a gift a few months ago. A great gift! And my first Native -- great ergos.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Donut

Post by Donut »

224477 wrote:ZDP in british racing green is a regular one, the blue one was a limited edition sprint run - relatively higher value :D
Ah, nice. Well, mine is a user anyways. :p
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

17hmr wrote:A few more Carbon fiber Spydies have arrived. The Chicago is a factory 2nd and is pretty rough looking but will be fine for a user:

Sorry, its been a while since I've been on the forums. It's been very long and I either don't remember what they are or they are new. Would someone mind telling me what those two knives on the top are? I know the bottom one is a caly :]
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Jijoel

Post by Jijoel »

Lostification wrote: Would someone mind telling me what those two knives on the top are?

1 carbon fiber Sage

2 carbon fiber Native 4
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Thanks! I thought that middle one looked a lot like a native, lol. The sage must be a newer one or I think it was just coming out last time I was on the forums, lol
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Nice collection and good photo. Reminds me of the song from Sesame Street, "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things don't belong..." The lack of a low riding wire clip on the CF Native just kills me. It's the one thing that keeps me from carrying an otherwise beautiful knife.

Image[/QUOTE]
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Psychopomp wrote:Image
...It's gonna take some work to get sharp, but this knife may very well become my next long term EDC... if I can take the Paramilitary out of my pocket.
What do you mean, Queen - left front pocket loose, Para - right front clipped. :D
That's how my Queen Sm. Stockman and E4 ride.

Nice Queen btw. Once you get them thinned down, they are great. (Took a belt sander to do mine right.)
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Psychopomp

Post by Psychopomp »

Simple Man wrote:What do you mean, Queen - left front pocket loose, Para - right front clipped. :D
I was thinking about that, but my Victorinox Soldier has been a permanent fixture in my left pocket for seven years. It's got too much sentimental value to have to take a hike.

I've resisted it for years, but this Queen, and the bird's eye maple canoe that's soon to follow, along with the Paramilitary may turn me in to an EDC rotator.

Once I get the knife sharp, I'm going to find someone to make a nice leather pocket sheath for me so I can keep the knife clipped and easy to get to, but secure.
Simple Man wrote:Once you get them thinned down, they are great. (Took a belt sander to do mine right.)
I've got the main blade just about sharp. It'll slice through paper fairly cleanly for most of its length, but there's still a few spots where it hangs up and rips... another day or so on the stones and it'll be there.

The pen blade won't even rip paper. It just crinkles the edge of the paper and sits there. It's going to take some work. Luckily I love sharpening, I just wish it were spring or summer so I could take my stones and a beer down to the creek out back and watch the water as I sharpen.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Gotcha
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
JB3

Guess I better weigh in ...

Post by JB3 »

Love 'em ... :)
Attachments
My Spydies1.jpg
My Spydies1.jpg (34.78 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
Native down L.jpg
Native down L.jpg (63.19 KiB) Viewed 3147 times