Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
DougC-3

Re: Show off your latest purchase

Post by DougC-3 »

DutchBlades wrote:Another one off of the wanted list :D
Was doubting to buy the sprint at the time, but I'm glad I waited.
I love the 440V, backspacer, the medallion, the older jimping and pronounced swedge, F&F, etc.!

That is such a beauty, I would probably be apoplectic trying to resist carrying to keep it mint versus resisting keeping it mint to carry it.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

DougC-3 wrote:t is such a beauty, I would probably be apoplectic trying to resist carrying to keep it mint versus resisting keeping it mint to carry it.
Thanks! Bigger than expected in a good way :)
And trust me... I know what you mean!
I have the tendency to safe queen a lot of knives I wanted to carry.
The moment the first bad ding or scratch shows up (and after dying a little inside), I can force myself to carry an otherwise safe queen.
But when I receive a knife in mint/near mint condition that's hard to come by or just very very pricey, it starts all over again...

There's a lot of knives in the collection that could be hard working knives, but they just get admired and flipped on late evenings.
I'm sure a lot of people on the forum would state that a knife is a tool and it has no use when it's not used like one;
but I've got my others knives to do that with :p There are some gems that just sit there and be pretty, waiting to be played with every now and then :rolleyes:
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Triton9809

Post by Triton9809 »

IMG_0345.jpg
I picked up this guy today. I'm really pleased with him.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

DutchBlades wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:t is such a beauty, I would probably be apoplectic trying to resist carrying to keep it mint versus resisting keeping it mint to carry it.
Thanks! Bigger than expected in a good way :)
And trust me... I know what you mean!
I have the tendency to safe queen a lot of knives I wanted to carry.
The moment the first bad ding or scratch shows up (and after dying a little inside), I can force myself to carry an otherwise safe queen.
But when I receive a knife in mint/near mint condition that's hard to come by or just very very pricey, it starts all over again...

There's a lot of knives in the collection that could be hard working knives, but they just get admired and flipped on late evenings.
I'm sure a lot of people on the forum would state that a knife is a tool and it has no use when it's not used like one;
but I've got my others knives to do that with :p There are some gems that just sit there and be pretty, waiting to be played with every now and then :rolleyes:
Yes -- all this plus, for 4 or 5 of the most rare and expensive ones (for me), which I could not afford in the first place, I have to think sometimes that it would drastically reduce the value if I had an emergency and needed to sell them. I never set out to buy safe queens but some do wind up that way. I would really like to buy slightly used ones to start with, so I could just use them straight away and not waffle about it and leave them in the box :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Triton9809

Post by Triton9809 »

IMG_0750.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
Today. Short road trip for this Chaparral.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Found a SE Scorpius.

How much can a Koala bear?
raggasonic

Post by raggasonic »

Almost 10 years since my last Spydie purchase !

This little man is a beast in the hands, can't wait to test it
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

DougC-3 wrote:
DutchBlades wrote:Another one off of the wanted list :D
Was doubting to buy the sprint at the time, but I'm glad I waited.
I love the 440V, backspacer, the medallion, the older jimping and pronounced swedge, F&F, etc.!

That is such a beauty, I would probably be apoplectic trying to resist carrying to keep it mint versus resisting keeping it mint to carry it.
Congrats! The original Starmate is hands-down one of my favorite designs. Enjoy!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Slice 'n dice

Post by Slice 'n dice »

Going to give this one to my dad for fathers day! Can't wait to see his reaction. Image
Grasshopper 3CR, Dragonfly 2 H1, Tenacious 8CR13MOV, ParaMilitary 2 CPM S110V, Small Paring Knife MBS-26, Roadie N690Co, Urban K390, Baliyo Grey, Manbug HAP40.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Quick and dirty shot of my new Persian 2
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
91bravo

Post by 91bravo »

Epiclynx82

Post by Epiclynx82 »

IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG
Manix 2 LW

This beauty came in today!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Light Saber!!!
Josh
plumlum

Post by plumlum »

My Perrin PPT finally dropped in today. This is my first Taichung production spyderco and I can honestly say the fit and finish is better than anything I've seen yet in a spydie. I nearly need ear plugs when the blade locks up! The Ergo is insane. I'm not a scary daggery tactical carry kind of guy but the design here is beyond, and moves past the quick cheap tactical looks. Well done lads! :spyder:

and a special shout out to that deep carry clip. one of only a few I wont remove!

Image[/url]

Image[/url]
always looking for more lums :spyder:
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Never seen the Perrin PPT before, but it's gorgeous and I might have to add it to my "to buy" list :spyder: How's the size/ergos compared to the Native 5?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Nice pick up plumlum! PPT Perrin is probably my "all-time favorite" Spydie! Really wish I picked up more than one of the sprints when they were more readily available!
-Nick :bug-red
plumlum

Post by plumlum »

embry386 wrote:Never seen the Perrin PPT before, but it's gorgeous and I might have to add it to my "to buy" list :spyder: How's the size/ergos compared to the Native 5?
Sorry for the late reply. Its got a little more real estate than the native 5. Both great knives, but theres something about the way this one presents itself in hand that is a cut above. The blade angle is slightly pointed down and the scale design keeps your fingers off the deck should you need to do food prep, or flat cuts. If you buy one, you wont be disappointed : )
plumlum

Post by plumlum »

Mushroom wrote:Nice pick up plumlum! PPT Perrin is probably my "all-time favorite" Spydie! Really wish I picked up more than one of the sprints when they were more readily available!
Yes i'm also feeling the paint of sprint run prices lol :D
plumlum

Post by plumlum »

A trio of Lums arrived today. What a joy these are to handle and carry. They will join the rest of the lot for a Lum family reunion :D
Ti | Black ZDP | Foliage
Image[/url]
Image[/url]