Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
ScottG

Re: Show off your latest purchase

Post by ScottG »

These are all fairly new and I have a Hap40 Endura on the way and a Hap40 Delica preordered.
H1 Ladybug, Superblue Manbug, VG 10 Dragonfly 2, ZDP-189 Dragonfly 2, VG 10 Delica 4 ffg
opaul

Post by opaul »

Spyderco 3-knives.jpg
Spyderco 3-knives.jpg (77.5 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
EVIL1

Post by EVIL1 »

JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Nice knife Evil 1
BTG

Post by BTG »

Nice pic Evil1, background really makes orange pop.

CS PM2 & Pink N5
CS PM2 & Pink N5
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Native 5 ltw

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

This was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday
gb.jpg
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

GoldenSpydie wrote:,snip- more orange than a Kardashian family reunion
MY RETINAS!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAN- SOME WARNING NEXT TIME!!!

.....Very lovely pictures mate....So: what's your favourite colour then? ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

What does orange have to do with the Kardashian family...?
Going back to Caly.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Fake tan?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

SpeedHoles wrote:What does orange have to do with the Kardashian family...?
They always appear to be a lurid shade of fake-tan bright orange on my TV. :rolleyes:

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

^ ahhhh, orange fake tan... I don't watch TV much these days.

DougC-3 wrote: Image

ohhhhh Man! I've been trying to scrape funds for that one!
Are you also a big fan of the now older Stretch, or not so much?
Please let us know what your thoughts are on the revision.
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

DougC-3 wrote:Image

How are you liking the fluted Ti Millie Doug? Its one of my favorites, sooooo smooooooth with that authoritative "THWACK" when it locks open... :cool:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ScottG

Post by ScottG »

Image Hap40 Endura
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

SpeedHoles wrote:^ ahhhh, orange fake tan... I don't watch TV much these days.

DougC-3 wrote: Image

ohhhhh Man! I've been trying to scrape funds for that one!
Are you also a big fan of the now older Stretch, or not so much?
Please let us know what your thoughts are on the revision.
I really like it -- it's a great knife for people who want a fairly substantial EDC. It's been on my want-list a long time but I let the G-10 Endura and Delica get ahead of it. I finally handled one at a dealer 50 miles away and found that it is very much like them and even a tad thinner, which I much like. The clerk there said they were going to reduce the price, he thought, to $170 because it was discontinued (don't know where he got that, as if that would make it worth less :rolleyes: ), to call back the next day and verify it. I called back and he said he'd already sold it... But I got very lucky and was able to buy one in perfect LNIB condition for even less from a highly respected forum member :D

I tried very hard to like the FRN model but it just never seemed to fit my hand right. The G-10 fits great; behind the choil it feels similar to a mule or Superleaf and is almost as comfortable as a Manix. It's got the stiffest backlock I've run into but will no doubt loosen up with use. I like the balance of the heavier handle better than that of the FRN Stretch. I may post about it on Paul/The Deacon's comparison thread; if so, I'll put a link here.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

farnorthdan wrote:
How are you liking the fluted Ti Millie Doug? Its one of my favorites, sooooo smooooooth with that authoritative "THWACK" when it locks open... :cool:
I'm fairly stuck on it, (no pun ;) ) But I've been on a buying spree for a couple of months and can't believe I bought a knife that expensive. To be honest, I've just been admiring it and haven't even cut anything with it yet. I've always thought they were too fancy and that I didn't need anything like that, but when the dealer unexpectedly placed it in my hand and I saw it in real life, felt the contours and smooth opening and closing action, I was hooked. Now to decide if I can afford to keep it, on top of all my other recent knife purchases :eek: I said I'd post some pictures of it on the thread where I was talking about it earlier, so when I do, I'll link it here.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

DougC-3 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
I'm fairly stuck on it, (no pun ;) ) But I've been on a buying spree for a couple of months and can't believe I bought a knife that expensive. To be honest, I've just been admiring it and haven't even cut anything with it yet. I've always thought they were too fancy and that I didn't need anything like that, but when the dealer unexpectedly placed it in my hand and I saw it in real life, felt the contours and smooth opening and closing action, I was hooked. Now to decide if I can afford to keep it, on top of all my other recent knife purchases :eek: I said I'd post some pictures of it on the thread where I was talking about it earlier, so when I do, I'll link it here.
Same here, grabbed mine on a whim and it just sat it the safe for a while, been on a buying spree the last year or so myself. Been giving it some pocket time the last few months and the more I carry it the more I realize what a great piece it is. Heck I like it so much I bought the un fluted one.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."