My Spyderco Photo Collection By GMaggos

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Very nice collection and great pics. You have a lot of knives I would love to have.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Whieee wrote:I keep noticing this number (189) on the blade, and 'Collector #189' in the letters. Could anyone give me some insight in what that number means, and how one becomes 'Collector' ?

Thanks in advance :)
I suggest you take a look at Paul's site and of course this recent thread. It should help you answering your questions. It's a good read, both of them.

Dennis
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

how does one acquire these pilots pieces? Is there a drawing or some random selection or is it part of the collectors club membership
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

Of the 50 piece pilot run it looks like 44 were purchased by Spyderco staff and 6 were given away on various forums. I'm not sure how many of each grind there were.

I've seen the same hollowground pilot Manix 2 sold twice so far, it went for a small premium over the street price both times. I have yet to see a flatground model for sale anywhere.

Here's the relevant thread.
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

George,

thank you for sharing and for your time and effort! Wonderful collection!
It's always nice to see rare and discontinued :spyder: Congrats on the collection and on your camera skills! Keep up the good work! :)
ducati1998

photos collection by GMaggos

Post by ducati1998 »

*Edited*

*Post borderline to advertising a sale*
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Nice shots of that FFG pilot run Manix 2, nice to see one 'in the flesh'. I only saw the regular FFG variant as a prototype.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
san28734

Post by san28734 »

Love that Plain-Edge Impala!! I also love the fact that I got to see beautiful pictures of all four of my Spydercos. It won't be four for long, I have some catching up to do. Thanks for the time this took, great work.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

You have a amazing collection.
Thank you for all the great shots...
Spydie-Newbie

Re: My Spyderco Photo Collection By GMaggos

Post by Spydie-Newbie »

Wow wow wow! Virtually every knife a rare & desirable variant. Moreover the clarity of the pictures is so high that normally hidden features and nuances are all revealed. So jealous on so many levels. Thank you for posting the pictures for us newbies to use as reference material and our own education and enjoyment of all things Spyderco.