Show your EDC

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8350
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Image
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
Officer Gigglez
Member
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Postby Officer Gigglez » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Work carry
Image
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience

User avatar
Liquid Cobra
Member
Posts: 6244
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm
Location: British Columbia, CANADA

Postby Liquid Cobra » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 pm

xceptnl wrote:Image
Nice setup Landon, FourSevens is my favourite flashlight manufacturer. Tungsten carbide ring?
Most recently acquired: Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8350
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:03 am

Liquid Cobra wrote:Nice setup Landon, FourSevens is my favourite flashlight manufacturer. Tungsten carbide ring?
Thank you Donovan, I love this 4sevens light the most, but also daily carry a Preon 2 (Red Aluminum) in my Maxpedition organizer, a Mini ML-X on my EDC bag zipper pull and a Quark Turbo QB2L-X in a mag pouch on the side of my bag. I love the 4sevens quality and durability. After a mental count, I have 8 of their light total. The ring is tungsten carbide and was a gift from my wife. Not pictured is my smart phone, firearm, wallet or keys.
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
asmith001
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:54 am

Postby asmith001 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 am

Image

User avatar
Liquid Cobra
Member
Posts: 6244
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm
Location: British Columbia, CANADA

Postby Liquid Cobra » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 am

xceptnl wrote:Thank you Donovan, I love this 4sevens light the most, but also daily carry a Preon 2 (Red Aluminum) in my Maxpedition organizer, a Mini ML-X on my EDC bag zipper pull and a Quark Turbo QB2L-X in a mag pouch on the side of my bag. I love the 4sevens quality and durability. After a mental count, I have 8 of their light total. The ring is tungsten carbide and was a gift from my wife. Not pictured is my smart phone, firearm, wallet or keys.
Yup, they can't be beat. I've got a Mini X 123 gen 2 I wear on a neck chain, a Quark Tactical QT2L-X with Burst mode, Preon 2 (blue) and a Quark Pro AA (old). In my maxpedition fatboy I carry a UE PD32...I also like my new Sunwayman V11R. I always carry one light on me, but I guess it really is two because of the one in my bag. My wedding ring is also tungsten carbide, I like the weight of it. Us EDC guys all think alike eh?

Unfortunately in Canada it is illegal to carry a firearm :( so I envy you there!
Most recently acquired: Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8350
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:36 am

Liquid Cobra wrote:Unfortunately in Canada it is illegal to carry a firearm :( so I envy you there!
If I was in your shoes...... I would move.

Don't take that as an insult to your country, I envy the beautiful views that so many of you Canadians post and make us southerners jealous.
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
Liquid Cobra
Member
Posts: 6244
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm
Location: British Columbia, CANADA

Postby Liquid Cobra » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 am

xceptnl wrote:If I was in your shoes...... I would move.

Don't take that as an insult to your country, I envy the beautiful views that so many of you Canadians post and make us southerners jealous.
No offence taken. Believe me pal I've looked into it, moving from Canada to the US is not easy. Some argue that there is no need to carry a firearm since Canada is considered such a safe country. I disagree with that logic, but I'm the minority here.
Most recently acquired: Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 20582
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Liquid Cobra wrote:No offence taken. Believe me pal I've looked into it, moving from Canada to the US is not easy. Some argue that there is no need to carry a firearm since Canada is considered such a safe country. I disagree with that logic, but I'm the minority here.
Others would argue that this mentality is equal to complacency, and will doom you into becoming a victim. One has to wonder WHY an area has been made so safe. If it's simply due to the lack of weapons, then all one needs is to bring weapons in and they control everything. You know why America has never seen and likely won't ever see a ground invasion? Because there is estimated to be between 270,000,000 to 310,000,000 guns held by civilians in this country (that's not counting guns held by the military, etc). The current census says there are 318,892,103 United States citizens, which includes who knows how many infants and young children who can't handle guns. That means that for every person capable of handling a gun, there is one. That gives us quite an army ;)
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
Gunslinger
Member
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 am
Location: Missouri USA Earth
Contact:

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Went up to my property for the day to do some shooting. This is what I had with me.
Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DRKBC
Member
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Postby DRKBC » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:25 am

Evil D wrote:Others would argue that this mentality is equal to complacency, and will doom you into becoming a victim. One has to wonder WHY an area has been made so safe. If it's simply due to the lack of weapons, then all one needs is to bring weapons in and they control everything. You know why America has never seen and likely won't ever see a ground invasion? Because there is estimated to be between 270,000,000 to 310,000,000 guns held by civilians in this country (that's not counting guns held by the military, etc). The current census says there are 318,892,103 United States citizens, which includes who knows how many infants and young children who can't handle guns. That means that for every person capable of handling a gun, there is one. That gives us quite an army ;)
Is that the reason that the USA hasn't seen a ground invasion? Among the many political reasons why that hasn't happened, I would think that it could be partially to do with the fact that the USA is large geographically speaking, has a population that is almost 10 times the population of Canada and close to triple that of Mexico and that it holds the number 1 ranking in the world for military spending.

With those credentials one doesn't really need to have 300 million guns in the hands of its citizens to stave off the threat of a surprise infantry attack from its closest neighbors or some far away country. With that many guns in the hands of citizens, I would be more inclined to think that one might be more paranoid about what ones countryman (sane or otherwise) might do with his or her gun rather than those pesky foreigners.

User avatar
Gunslinger
Member
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 am
Location: Missouri USA Earth
Contact:

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:13 am

Evil D wrote:Others would argue that this mentality is equal to complacency, and will doom you into becoming a victim. One has to wonder WHY an area has been made so safe. If it's simply due to the lack of weapons, then all one needs is to bring weapons in and they control everything. You know why America has never seen and likely won't ever see a ground invasion? Because there is estimated to be between 270,000,000 to 310,000,000 guns held by civilians in this country (that's not counting guns held by the military, etc). The current census says there are 318,892,103 United States citizens, which includes who knows how many infants and young children who can't handle guns. That means that for every person capable of handling a gun, there is one. That gives us quite an army ;)
I quote Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (whether he actually said it or not)
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
I love this quote.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User avatar
Bodi
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:36 am

Postby Bodi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:29 pm

3lbs 5 oz's of EDC
Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :spyder: -62.5 million legal gun owner's did not commit a crime today-

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8350
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Image
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
Liquid Cobra
Member
Posts: 6244
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 pm
Location: British Columbia, CANADA

Postby Liquid Cobra » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:43 pm

I'd have to agree with DRKBC regarding invasion of the US. But I again agree with you David regarding self defence. There's a reason anytime a person goes off the handle here all the people just stand and watch. Hell, many people argue that getting involved would just make things worse. I don't get it, people need to look out for one another. Back on topic, here's my EDC for today.

Black Southard
Black PM2
Black Fisher Space Pen
Black FourSevens Quark Tactical QT2L-X with Burst Mode (780 lumens)
Black Citizen EcoWatch or somethin'
Tan Maxpedition Micro Wallet

Image
Most recently acquired: Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra

Zinger
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 am
Location: Russian Siberia

Postby Zinger » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:34 am

All greetings from Russian Siberia! A month ago, I was attacked by a bear little lucky that it was small and I was with the Military. But when I reflect attack I broke the blade of a knife :mad: . The knife was a completely new. Now waiting for a new one. In the meantime, my EDС

Image

- Maxpedition RAT Wallet Black
- Car keys
- Documents, money
- Finka

If you open the RAT here that there is stored:
Image

- Douk Douk Corsica
- Iphone, Nokia 515
- Olight i1
- Keys with Inova Microlight and Leatherman Brewzer

And this is our hamsters :D
Image

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8350
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Image
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7725
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Postby SpyderNut » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Nice shot! :) Is that a CW9 by chance?
:spyder: Michael Reinhold

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8350
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:52 pm

SpyderNut wrote:Nice shot! :) Is that a CW9 by chance?
CW45. I want to get a CT9 as well should funds work out.
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

GoodEyeSniper
Member
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 am

Postby GoodEyeSniper » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:40 am

Image

As much as I'm pro gun, I'm very anti using fantastical claims to prove the merit of the great equalizers. I have to agree that there are a host of reasons we have not been invaded, and an armed population must rank very far down that list.

I'd much rather point to the tens of thousands of times a gun is used successfully in self defense every year here, usually without a shot fired. Or point out that our violence is mostly a societal issue, and no guns would do little to change anything but the more rare mass shootings that happen, which is heavily offset by the fact that granny can no longer hold her own against the thieves in her neighborhood. You can look at England's increase in violent crime, and being statistically more violent since guns were heavily regulated versus the USA getting statistically safer since gun laws have been relaxed. Tbh, I won't make the claim that guns are the reason we're safer, or no guns is the reason the UK got more violent, just making the claim that guns are nowhere near the root of the crime, and banning them has no statistical chance of reducing violence, just the manner in which violence is carried out. Also changing the manner in which the elderly, disabled, and physically inferior can react to threats of violence.

I was taught to talk my way out of conflict, failing that I should find a way to retreat, only physical violence as a last resort. I'm about the most peaceful guy you'll meet, my sense of humor and wit kept would be bullies at bay, and being a very swift runner helped with the rest. However, after just having broken my knee for the second time, one of my options is suddenly out the window.
DRKBC wrote:Is that the reason that the USA hasn't seen a ground invasion? Among the many political reasons why that hasn't happened, I would think that it could be partially to do with the fact that the USA is large geographically speaking, has a population that is almost 10 times the population of Canada and close to triple that of Mexico and that it holds the number 1 ranking in the world for military spending.

With those credentials one doesn't really need to have 300 million guns in the hands of its citizens to stave off the threat of a surprise infantry attack from its closest neighbors or some far away country. With that many guns in the hands of citizens, I would be more inclined to think that one might be more paranoid about what ones countryman (sane or otherwise) might do with his or her gun rather than those pesky foreigners.


Return to “Spyderco Picture Gallery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests