WhyNot's corner

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Cuttingedge

Post by Cuttingedge »

Does your Olympus camera suit you. Why not... seems to me you do magic with it.

Ben
:D :spyder: Ben
bh49

Post by bh49 »

WhyNot,
Thank you,
These R2 pictures like a balm for my old heart. :)
I am really glad that you decided to get this knife. IMHO it is one of the best EDC around. Beautiful lines as well.
Very nice.
Persians? :p
Please. Three days weekend?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Once again, Thank you Brian and Roman!

Cuttingedge wrote:This is Superb!!!! These pics are spectaculair!!!! Do you use a mirror and do you make the pictures Outside.. I am curious because next week I will receive my Caly 3 and if it is as beautiful as I see on your pics I really would like to try it myself with my brandnew unscratched Knife.
Ben

from holland with an edge!!!
Ben,
Thank you very much!
Congratulations on getting Caly 3. You should be ready take pictures of this great knife. All you need is a camera and a mirror. The rest is just a matter of practice. I think mirror shots are the easiest ones.
Cuttingedge wrote:Does your Olympus camera suit you. Why not... seems to me you do magic with it.

Ben
Olympus was more than enough for me for taking knife pictures. With exception of R2 everything else here has been shot using Olympus c7000. All mirror and bark pictures have been taken outside. Olympus is a great camera but like every other Zoom Compact has its limitations.
I wanted to learn more about photography and recently bought Nikon D40x. I used it for R2 pictures.
The worst thing about Nikon - I cannot blame my failures on a camera anymore :rolleyes: .
Good luck!
bh49 wrote:WhuNot,
Thank you,
These R2 pictures like a balm for my old heart. :)
I am really glad that you decided to get this knife. IMHO it is one of the best EDC around. Beautiful lines as well.
Very nice.
Persians? :p
Please. Three days weekend?
I am glad that I followed your advise and bought R2. Now I understand why you are so high on this one.
Little Persian became my favorite the moment I opened the box. I like everything about it.
I hope to come up with some pictures that would do justice to this beauty.
"Three day weekend" :confused: :confused: :confused:
Regards,
WhyNot.
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." Sam Levenson
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Another look at Volpe.

to be continued...
WhyNot
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." Sam Levenson
rlw1979777

Wow.

Post by rlw1979777 »

Hello, I am new to the forums and have dealt with some of ya on "the bay" But I just have to say the pics in this thread are incredible. You have quite a nice collection whynot. Thanks for posting it, I may have to get away from the PC and do the same.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

love the Volpe pix Whynot....mmmm olivewood ;) :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Very nice pictures as usual WhyNot. Your tasty pictures make me have to mop up my keyboard and desk :D Gunting, R2, Volpe, all so beautiful.

You'll definitely love the Nikon. I have a D70 and D80 myself, but too lazy to do any setup to take photos. I am an oportunistic photographer and shoot where I can, indoors, outdoors. I should take more time and care to setup so my pics look as sharp as your ones.

Pictures of my favourite Persians ? :D :p yes please.... more, more :)

Cheers
Daniel
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Great pictures WhyNot, keep them coming. Volpe looks amazing.
I am wondering why one of them has darker wood? :D
The same number? Really strange. :confused: :D :D

datan wrote:
Pictures of my favourite Persians ? :D :p yes please.... more, more :)

Cheers
Daniel
Dan,
Just between you and me, I know for sure that last week he got a new Mini :p
Just do not tell anybody :D :D
Probably he is taking pictures as we speak.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

hehehe I know he did, and I know you did as well :p and I am getting another one soon too :D hooray for mini P !!!

I love WhyNot's photos, makes me want to buy more. Hold on ! I made a NY resolution. I better stop (the resolution that is ! ahahahaha :D )

Dan
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
uhiforgot

Another look indeed...

Post by uhiforgot »

WhyNot wrote:Another look at Volpe.

It's a GREAT picture :D At first I thought that you had 2 CC#032 Volpes, but it took a lot of looking for me to find the spine reflection on the picture below the live blade. Your photography keeps evolving, and I keep being impressed by it :D :D :D

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Thank you, everybody!
Dobokob777 wrote:Hello, I am new to the forums and have dealt with some of ya on "the bay" But I just have to say the pics in this thread are incredible. You have quite a nice collection whynot. Thanks for posting it, I may have to get away from the PC and do the same.
Dobokob777,
I am looking forward to see your pics!
datan wrote:Very nice pictures as usual WhyNot. Your tasty pictures make me have to mop up my keyboard and desk Gunting, R2, Volpe, all so beautiful.

You'll definitely love the Nikon. I have a D70 and D80 myself, but too lazy to do any setup to take photos. I am an oportunistic photographer and shoot where I can, indoors, outdoors. I should take more time and care to setup so my pics look as sharp as your ones.

Pictures of my favourite Persians ? yes please.... more, more

Cheers
Daniel
I definitely like the Nikon!
You see, here is a difference between living in Australia and US Midwest... I can allow myself to be opportunistic only for the certain part of the year.
There are not too many opportunities shooting outside when it is 10C-20C below :eek:
BTW. Persians are coming (see below)
bh49 wrote: Dan,
Just between you and me, I know for sure that last week he got a new Mini
Just do not tell anybody
Probably he is taking pictures as we speak.
Actually, I was :D

uhiforgot wrote:It's a GREAT picture :D At first I thought that you had 2 CC#032 Volpes, but it took a lot of looking for me to find the spine reflection on the picture below the live blade. Your photography keeps evolving, and I keep being impressed by it
uhiforgot,

Here are a few less challenging pics with setup similar to Volpe's. I hope you'd like them as well.

to be continued...
WhyNot.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Nice pics... as always...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Very nice pictures, especially Dyads. (is larger Dyad custom made?) :D
But where is new mini Persian????
I thought you were taking pictures :confused: :confused: :confused:
People are waiting.................
P.S. I see it now :o :o :o :o

jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

awesome photos Whynot :cool: those jigged bone Dyads reminded my of stacked fiddler crabs :eek: :p
Roman, I thought that last photo was of two 75mmPersians but I might be mistaken :)
brian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Brian,
I was wrong. After better look I can see C105 on the top and C83 (original, bugless) below.
WhyNot, sorry.
Can we have solo pictures of C105?

WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Thank you, thank you, thank you, guys!

Here is my new favorite - C105 Mini Persian.
I can probably say that I like it even more than C83 mostly because C105 is much lighter and fits my hand perfectly. And like all Ed Schempp's folders it simply looks gorgeous!

C105 75mm Persian...

...and with its older brother C83:

to be continued...
WhyNot
jah

Post by jah »

WhyNot, awesome shots of awesome knives! Love the choice of backgrounds, nicely contrast with the main subject, SPYDIES :D

I am an old Olympus guy, my first camera (and only camera for 20+ years) was am OM-1. First digital is a C2020, but went over to the dark side a couple of Christmas ago, a D70 ;)

Gotta say, I have learned alot watching you guys here on the forum compose, and shoot your Spydies :)

Again, great shots,
Jerry
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

bh49 wrote:Brian,
I was wrong. After better look I can see C105 on the top and C83 (original, bugless) below.
WhyNot, sorry.
Can we have solo pictures of C105?
hey Roman, I was wrong too :o ;)
Beautiful Persian pix Whynot :cool:
brian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Great pictures WhyNot.
C-105 Persian became one of my favorites as well, terific knife. IMHO it is one of the best gents knives Spyderco ever made.
Persian looks great, but two of them together even better :)
Enjoy your new knife.

jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

yeah Roman, it's like that old chewing gum commercial for Doublemint gum ;)
great pix Whynot, i really like this one :cool:
brian