I like the Grasshopper

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Josh1973

I like the Grasshopper

Post by Josh1973 »

I just got this Grasshopper from Knife Center and upon receiving. I must say I am impressed. The build quality is nice. And this is the sharpest knife I have ever received that cost me $21. I purchased this as an alternative to the Case Sodbuster I sometimes carry when I am in the city and have to tone it down a bit. The only thing I could suggest is to make the slip joint spring a bit stiffer on closing. But it is fine way it is and just a personal preference.

This blade steel being 12C27 should be a bit better than the Case Sodbuster I carry that goes dull from opening a few envelopes. Very light weight and not noticeable in the pocket. Good job Spyderco. I wish I had bought myself a Grasshopper a lot sooner.
Attachments
20210716_220619.jpg
20210716_220944 (2).jpg
PaloArt

Re: I like the Grasshopper

Post by PaloArt »

I had no idea about 12C27 used in Grasshopper 😲 now definitely considering buying one.
Josh1973

Post by Josh1973 »

PaloArt wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:19 am
I had no idea about 12C27 used in Grasshopper 😲 now definitely considering buying one.
Me neither. I seen these on Amazon and Knife Center listed as 3cr blade steel and always passed. Well I looked at the blade one day up close on Knife Center and it was marked as 12C27. I called them to see if this was a typo error or wrong photo and they said no it was correct. Makes such a nice pocket carry knife and slices much better than my Case Sodbuster. Stays sharper longer also than Case steel.
Scandi Grind

Post by Scandi Grind »

This knife intrigues me. I almost wanted to get one as a shoe knife. Something tucked away as a backup for my backup.
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

-- Old Norse proverb
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Josh1973 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:48 pm
I just got this Grasshopper from Knife Center and upon receiving. I must say I am impressed. The build quality is nice. And this is the sharpest knife I have ever received that cost me $21.
That "family" of Spydercos is so cool. I've never carried or used mine, but it's here in my desk drawer, just in case.