Can anyone help me identify the model of this knife?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
un prost

Can anyone help me identify the model of this knife?

Post by un prost »

I got this knife as a gift a few years ago. It is an automatic knife. I vaguely remember that the guy who gave it to me said something about it being a spyderco and the blade fits the general style but I cannot seem to find the specific model online. Does anyone know what this knife is called or is it a completely different brand (not spyderco)?
Attachments
20230308_205711-min.jpg
20230308_205700-min.jpg
20230308_205650-min.jpg
TazKristi

Re: Can anyone help me identify the model of this knife?

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, un prost:
Welcome to our forum. I'm afraid I can't be of much help except to confirm that it's not a Spyderco. I've moved your thread into our Off-Topic section. Hopefully, some of our members will be able to help identify it.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
James Y

Post by James Y »

It's hard to tell if it was from an actual named company or not. But shape-wise, it kind of looks like a Junglee (sic) design.

Jim
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

If it only has "stainless" markings and not a company name we can't do much but guess. It looks like the type of inexpensive import sold for $5 to $15 at flea markets. There are boatloads of that kind of thing around. Many will have a sort of resemblance to a brand which attempts to trade on the name of the company which actually worked at building a name for itself. Good luck but don't put any faith in it's safety or quality. In other words use it as a paperweight keeping it away from people who need an actual knife.

Joe
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

^that. It would make a nice looking paperweight.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

That for certain isn't a Spyderco, nor is it a knife from Buck, Case, Benchmade, and other quality makers. In my opinion, it was made in China or Pakistan and sold in truck stops, online, and K-Marts, etc. for a few dollars. If it works and locks up tight, it might be a good tool box knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

un prost wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:05 pm
I got this knife as a gift a few years ago. It is an automatic knife. I vaguely remember that the guy who gave it to me said something about it being a spyderco and the blade fits the general style but I cannot seem to find the specific model online. Does anyone know what this knife is called or is it a completely different brand (not spyderco)?
We hope you will spend time with us on the forum. It is a great place with great people.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050