Where is Vivi?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Where is Vivi?

Post by Doc Dan »

He's been missing 20 days or so. Not like him. I hope everything is okay.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JRinFL

Re: Where is Vivi?

Post by JRinFL »

I think he took a break. It might be related to the disappointment in the Swick 5 being MIA for so long and the tension around certain threads. We all need to take a break occasionally.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Hope everything’s alright too. I tried messaging him a couple weeks ago asking to join the Reddit spydercoswap group.. hopefully he comes around soon
:bug-red-white
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I noticed too , and hope all is well . His contribution to the Forum are always useful . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

People get busy and hobbies and Interests change. I know Im getting bored with the knife Industry/hobby. Mainly due to stale designs with no new Insight or new models, just different steels and color ways for exclusives and collectors go nuts.....plus the in sane price hikes every year and generally qc has dropped across the board. I suspect a lot of folks are gonna be M.I.A.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Vivi has always been very helpful to me. He has been very helpful to many here.

Helped me get a Spyderco Native Chief or two as well, that will forever remain in my collection.

Wherever he is I am sure he will be fine. When he returns be happy.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:54 pm
People get busy and hobbies and Interests change. I know Im getting bored with the knife Industry/hobby. Mainly due to stale designs with no new Insight or new models, just different steels and color ways for exclusives and collectors go nuts.....plus the in sane price hikes every year and generally qc has dropped across the board. I suspect a lot of folks are gonna be M.I.A.
It’s been on my mind lately, fwiw.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

One thing I definitely know … he’s eating good ! I would never have took up a 30 day Pacific Salt challenge without his information about the knife . He opened my eyes and expanded my appreciation of using knives in different environments. Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Not kidding: I came to the off topic section for starting a thread with the exact same question and title, then saw it already existed..

Since I myself was away from the forum for about 4 month, I pretty soon realized that Vivi was not around when I came back.

Perhaps, since he was locked in the last time on Jan 1st in the morning it's some kind of new years resolution?

I can also recall that vivi took a break (at least) once already: Actually came back as vivi, before that it was Vivi (First letter capital).

Hope all is well in his life!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I’ve noticed this too.
In a weird way it seems we traded vivi for Wartstein :)
Obviously I want them both to be around, so that came out neither good nor bad.

I’m not sure what drives this rather irrational interest for me (not irrational as in “not useful”, just the excessive time and resource put into it), but it certainly comes in waves and can be pretty dormant at times.
Lately my own interest has picked up somewhat, but I can certainly understand the need to take a break - or the less deliberate version of just don’t feeling the need to log on. We have a nice thing going on here, but real life has more to offer still.

Hope he’s OK. Must admit I was a bit worried about Wartstein, but he proved me wrong, so with that experience I find it easier to assume vivi is fine and just prioritizing the important stuff.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

aicolainen wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:04 am
I’ve noticed this too.

I’m not sure what drives this rather irrational interest for me (not irrational as in “not useful”, just the excessive time and resource put into it), but it certainly comes in waves and can be pretty dormant at times.
Lately my own interest has picked up somewhat, but I can certainly understand the need to take a break - or the less deliberate version of just don’t feeling the need to log on. We have a nice thing going on here, but real life has more to offer still.

Hope he’s OK. Must admit I was a bit worried about Wartstein, but he proved me wrong, so with that experience I find it easier to assume vivi is fine and just prioritizing the important stuff.
Maybe they are the same person? One is here, the other is not. Hmmmm. :thinking
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:12 am
aicolainen wrote:
I’ve noticed this too.

If that is true , it would be a paranormal event that only James Y could answer for us . :smlling-eyes Dan
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:19 am
Doc Dan wrote:
aicolainen wrote:
I’ve noticed this too.

If that is true , it would be a paranormal event that only James Y could answer for us . :smlling-eyes Dan

😅

I’m sure vivi will be back at some point. Life brings changes, new priorities and all that. And interests wax and wane.

I joined here in 2004, then disappeared for most of 14 years. If/when vivi returns, I’m certain it’ll be a LOT sooner than that…

🙂

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Hi James . I have dropped out and came back twice , so understand quite well . I do hope he returns , somebody has to have the biggest hands on the Forum ! 😁 Dan
Henry David Thoreau
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Doc Dan wrote:
Nah, that’s just too weird…. Or is it?? :hushed-face