Wicked Edge half-clone? Cold Steel Benchtop Knife Sharpener

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
nerdlock

Wicked Edge half-clone? Cold Steel Benchtop Knife Sharpener

Post by nerdlock »

Looks like half a Wicked Edge, with the pivoting clamp system of a KME/WS Precision Adjust.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CSKSBK ... -sharpener

Personally, it looks interesting and a much more solid option compared to the Worksharp Precision Adjust but for the price and the proprietary stones. Reprofiling might be too hard with this one considering it starts with 300 grit.
Attachments
CSKSBKS_5.jpeg
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Manixguy@1994

Re: Wicked Edge half-clone? Cold Steel Benchtop Knife Sharpener

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks for sharing, I wonder if these are the only grits available for the system . Base appears to possibly be more stable than a Work Sharp ? MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

I hope that they will release more stones, or that some 3rd party maker will develop stone holders for this (like they did with the WS Precision Adjust). From the looks of it, this looks a lot more stable than the WS. I wonder if the construction is metal or plastic? There still isn't a lot of info out there in the internet for this.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:43 am
I hope that they will release more stones, or that some 3rd party maker will develop stone holders for this (like they did with the WS Precision Adjust). From the looks of it, this looks a lot more stable than the WS. I wonder if the construction is metal or plastic? There still isn't a lot of info out there in the internet for this.
My guess plastic. Off subject , wish the WS was more stable and they come up with a way to anchor better to a bench . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:08 am
nerdlock wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:43 am
My guess plastic. Off subject , wish the WS was more stable and they come up with a way to anchor better to a bench . Dan
There's someone on esty the makes a setup to mount it to a bench.
--Pete
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I will check it out , thank you ! MG2
Henry David Thoreau
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:48 am
Here you go.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1098117097 ... _purchases
--Pete
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

harpo1 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:59 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:48 am
Here you go.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1098117097 ... _purchases
Thank you very much ! Looks good . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It looks great for the price but I still can't get behind proprietary stone setups like that. That's why the Hapstone was so attractive. It can use a wide variety of stones

This isn't the one I have but if I was buying again I'd be looking at the M3 and add whatever stones I wanted

https://www.gritomatic.com/products/hap ... -sharpener
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm amazed that Cold Steel has put out their own sharpening tool. Well at least one with their name on it anyway.

Historically there hasn't been all that many knife companies or producers that have sold sharpening gear. BUCK comes to mind and at one time Ka-Bar sold some stuff with their name on the product they were selling.

I've got to believe that they got some established company to collaborate with them. It does have the appearance of a serious sharpening tool. Spyderco is truly the only company that sells sharpening tools with the same quality of their knives.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I just can't get behind a sharpener that's based around a clamp. I still have nightmares about fiddling with my Lansky. There are some Edge Pro successors (I won't even call them clones because I think Edge Pro should have made some improvements by now) that I've looked at but I haven't felt a real need to replace my Apex yet.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David