Yellowstone and 1883.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ankerson

Yellowstone and 1883.

Post by Ankerson »

For those who haven't watched either or both they are a must watch.

One really has to watch 1883 to fully understand the background of the Dutton Family and the Ranch. Be warned however it is a tear jerker. Realistic and extremely well done by all it is a must see.

And why they will never give up the Ranch for any reason.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Re: Yellowstone and 1883.

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Oh yeah, totally agree. One of the few shows that my wife and I are equally into. We started watching a few years ago about this time of year, and got through the first few seasons of Yellowstone in a short period of time. Now we anxiously await the next season.

Did try 1883, but didn't quite get into it as much. Might try it again midwinter!

Great stuff, and very highly recommended!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:39 pm
Oh yeah, totally agree. One of the few shows that my wife and I are equally into. We started watching a few years ago about this time of year, and got through the first few seasons of Yellowstone in a short period of time. Now we anxiously await the next season.

Did try 1883, but didn't quite get into it as much. Might try it again midwinter!

Great stuff, and very highly recommended!

1883 isn't what most people would expect it to be, it is NOT an action show. It is more of a drama and not a feel good one either.

Give it another look and watch it to the end.
Last edited by Ankerson on Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:54 pm

One really has to watch 1883 to fully understand the background of the Dutton Family and the Ranch. Be warned however it is a tear jerker. Realistic and extremely well done by all it is a must see.

Jim, people keep telling me I should watch Yellowstone.
But, I reckon I'll watch 1883 first.
I always liked Kevin Costner anyways.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:41 pm
Ankerson wrote:

It is worth a watch. :cheap-sunglasses

One you finish 1883 you will understand why it is they will NEVER ever give up the ranch for any reason.

It really does put things into perspective.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:44 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:41 pm
Ankerson wrote:

It is worth a watch. :cheap-sunglasses

One you finish 1883 you will understand why it is they will NEVER ever give up the ranch for any reason.

It really does put things into perspective.
Awesome. Thanks for the info, Jim!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

We've watched Yellowstone since the start and enjoyed it

We started watching 1883 but my girl wasn't so into it so we stopped. Now we saw that there's 1923. So we'll have to go back and finish 1883
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I tried to watch Yellowstone, but the language was so foul I turned it off. It seemed every other word was profanity and so much of it that even soldiers don't talk that way.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:14 pm
I tried to watch Yellowstone, but the language was so foul I turned it off. It seemed every other word was profanity and so much of it that even soldiers don't talk that way.
Oh, I bet you love Beth then, Dan haha! :cussing :zany

Yeahhh, there's a solid amount of cussing.. fantastic show though. I'm up to date on Yellowstone, still need to catch up on 1883, and am pretty excited that 1923 is coming out with Harrison Ford! Lots of potential there..

Taylor Sheridan is one of the best writers going these days, imo.. everything he's involved with that I've seen is excellent. Wind River, **** or High Water.. two of the best movies in recent memory! That Tulsa King series with Stallone looks promising too..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Doc Dan wrote:

It's actually pretty normal really for the majority of the population for as long as I can remember.

Really though it's mostly not all that bad MOST of the time, as in 99% of the time in the show.

Unless one grew up and lives in a bubble that is. ;)

And yes, people in the Military do actually talk that way, every other word at least. Even the Officers from what I remember. ;)
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:14 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Oh, I bet you love Beth then, Dan haha! :cussing :zany

Yeahhh, there's a solid amount of cussing.. fantastic show though. I'm up to date on Yellowstone, still need to catch up on 1883, and am pretty excited that 1923 is coming out with Harrison Ford! Lots of potential there..

Taylor Sheridan is one of the best writers going these days, imo.. everything he's involved with that I've seen is excellent. Wind River, **** or High Water.. two of the best movies in recent memory! That Tulsa King series with Stallone looks promising too..

Beth is a great character, it makes the show I think. :smlling-eyes

The quote..

"You are the Trailer Park, I am the tornado." :rofl

And

"If you are going to hire a hooker at least let me find you a good one" :rofl
benben

Post by benben »

Me and my wife were late to the party and had never watched YS, we watched one weekend marathon, that was it! She bought the box set and we got all caught up.

Gotta say, for me everything on television now is completely boring after watching Yellowstone, especially since baseball is over!

I completely agree with Doc, wayyy too many unnecessary F bombs!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I watched one Yellowstone with my 82 year old mother and I cannot recall any swearing.

I guess I was not paying attention. I'll have to watch another one now and see. As far as I know she has watched all of them and never said anything about it.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

benben wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:28 pm
Me and my wife were late to the party and had never watched YS, we watched one weekend marathon, that was it! She bought the box set and we got all caught up.

Gotta say, for me everything on television now is completely boring after watching Yellowstone, especially since baseball is over!

Well with Yellowstone and Big Sky the only two shows worth watching right now, yeah.

I have high hopes for 1923. :cheap-sunglasses
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Naperville wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:44 pm
I watched one Yellowstone with my 82 year old mother and I cannot recall any swearing.

I guess I was not paying attention. I'll have to watch another one now and see. As far as I know she has watched all of them and never said anything about it.

Yes, that's because it's pretty normal the way they talk on the show so it doesn't register really.

There is some, but it is not bad.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Ankerson wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:44 pm
benben wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:28 pm

Well with Yellowstone and Big Sky the only two shows worth watching right now, yeah.

I have high hopes for 1923. :cheap-sunglasses
I'll let my mom know she can look for 1923 too, it's bound to turn out better than 2023!

:winking-tongue
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I've sen all of Yellowstone (I think), but am not sure whether or not I finished 1883. Great shows, either way.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

1923 Trailer