NCAA men's basketball 2022-23

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NCAA men's basketball 2022-23

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:32 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:18 pm
Larry, I sure hope yall play better than we did!
That's one of the worst games I've ever saw Carolina play - especially the 1st half.....
We're gonna be lucky to make the NIT playing like that...
Perhaps we'll meet up in the NIT, Paul! UK, NC, Duke, Kansas and Michigan state might all be there 😱
Razorbacks are playing better than us right now.
Ha!!! That would be one heckuva NIT Tourney!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, they'll be no magical run for UNC in the big dance this season. Heck, we may very well not even make it to the big dance!
We can't penetrate the basket, & we don't rebound nearly well enough- & we certainly are not consistent in shooting to include 3's.
& that's so sad considering the only starter we lost was Brady Manek - but, that shows just how remarkable & valuable Manek was.
Larry, is Coach Cal on the hot seat for real?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illini beat Rutgers on Saturday, first half was horrible 1 for 12 shooting threes . Transition was wasted with these attempts so we’re down by 4 and halftime. Second half they went on a 19-0 run and took over boards on both ends . Goode got some minutes and Melendez dressed but was benched whole game for team violation . We are at Penn State today and hope to see them play more consistent. Freshmen are well …. Freshman . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:24 am
Well, they'll be no magical run for UNC in the big dance this season. Heck, we may very well not even make it to the big dance!
We can't penetrate the basket, & we don't rebound nearly well enough- & we certainly are not consistent in shooting to include 3's.
& that's so sad considering the only starter we lost was Brady Manek - but, that shows just how remarkable & valuable Manek was.
Larry, is Coach Cal on the hot seat for real?
I know he has a guaranteed contract and next years #1 recruiting class, so I don't think anything will happen this year. That being said , Cats fans are pretty fed up.

We're just not playing very well and repeating the same mistakes. At this point we'll have to win the SEC tournament just to make it into ncaa tournament...
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Penn State over Illini 93-81 , old fashion 3 point spanking . Pickett gave a clinic last night over 40 points .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I missed it buddy! Thanks for the update....nice game!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illini lost to Indiana 71-68 Saturday. Shannon was out concussion protocol, Rogers was fighting off Strep throat. We lead most of game being short players but turnover’s and poor shot selection towards end of game sealed our fate. Davis for Indiana had another big game . If they can keep the team together next year they will be more consistent. We also lost the recruit from France due to homesickness , going pro in Europe.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

With this loss to State today, we need to make a big run in the ACC Tourney or we will not make the NCAA Tourney. I'm not sure if there has ever been a pre season #1 not make the Tourney-
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:53 pm
With this loss to State today, we need to make a big run in the ACC Tourney or we will not make the NCAA Tourney. I'm not sure if there has ever been a pre season #1 not make the Tourney-
I think you will still have a shot . Regardless of record school name still carries a lot of weight. NCAA tends to draw deep and passes on mid majors . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:17 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:53 pm
I think you will still have a shot . Regardless of record school name still carries a lot of weight. NCAA tends to draw deep and passes on mid majors . Dan
Dan, your right. They sure do.
But, if they did leave us out, I sure wouldn't blame them ole buddy. Carolina has the worst type problem. No desire. Tyler Hansbrough commented on it the other day. I've never saw this before with Carolina. It's really shocking to be honest.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

We have a bit of that too . Timeout count goes in one ear and out the other . I blame the portal too much entitlements and no responsibility for poor play .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well fellas, I think I've seen it all now.
A white man from Gate City, Va won the N.B.A. Slam Dunk Contest last night!
I'm an hour & 15 minutes southeast of Gate City
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:51 am
:zany
It's the end of the world as we know it!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:29 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:51 am
:zany
It's the end of the world as we know it!
Lol, damned if it ain't! 🤣
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Kentucky took a great win on Saturday to better their tourney hopes, just can't take another bad loss .

They're offense is shaky as an yatzee cup.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, this was awesome....
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

After close loss to Indiana Illini beat Minnesota and upset ranked Nothwestern 66-62 after being down 18 points at halftime. Play Ohio State on Sunday with two games left before conference tournament. Pretty sure we are in the Big Dance but we are so inconsistent offensively, no solid three point shooter . We can’t make a deep run playing like we have been . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, UVA is coming to Chapel Hill this evening to kick our arse - we have absolutely no business being in the NCAA Tourney as things are now.....
Latest rumor on why play is so bad is because they say Caleb Love slept with RJ Davis' girlfriend
Which will certainly cause problems in the locker room & the court but, Carolina was hurtin before that supposedly happened.
Oh well, here's to a Pre Season #1 Ranking not even making the Tourney - unless we win the ACC Tournament- but,, I see us getting bounced in the first round of that....
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:29 am
Lol, UVA is coming to Chapel Hill this evening to kick our arse - we have absolutely no business being in the NCAA Tourney as things are now.....
Latest rumor on why play is so bad is because they say Caleb Love slept with RJ Davis' girlfriend
Which will certainly cause problems in the locker room & the court but, Carolina was hurtin before that supposedly happened.
Oh well, here's to a Pre Season #1 Ranking not even making the Tourney - unless we win the ACC Tournament- but,, I see us getting bounced in the first round of that....
At least nobody has been shot . What a bad look at Alabama , sad .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:58 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:29 am
At least nobody has been shot . What a bad look at Alabama , sad .
Man, no joke!
Well, Carolina played like Carolina this evening taking down UVA fairly easy.
Virginia only had 5 losses coming in.
We still need to defeat the Blue Devils next Saturday & make a good run in the ACC Tourney to get in the NCAA tournament.