NCAA men's basketball 2022-23

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
legOFwhat?

Re: NCAA men's basketball 2022-23

Post by legOFwhat? »

That's a big win Dan! My wildcats played like hot garbage today. Looks like it can't get worse, but I'm sure they'll find a way.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:50 pm
79-69 over 14th ranked Wisconsin ! Played like a team , good defense, and were having fun together . Hopefully better things to come and big lift as a team . Dan
Yeah man! I saw a little of that game.
They played great.
Carolina played well today. Notre Dame has some real problems this year.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:32 pm
That's a big win Dan! My wildcats played like hot garbage today. Looks like it can't get worse, but I'm sure they'll find a way.
How in the wide world of sports did Alabama get so good in basketball this season?
Them beating Kentucky by 26 just ain't right..be like Clemson beating Carolina by 26
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:48 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
How in the wide world of sports did Alabama get so good in basketball this season?
Them beating Kentucky by 26 just ain't right..be like Clemson beating Carolina by 26
I scratched my head on that one . Kentucky is supposed to be a perennial powerhouse . What happened ? I looked at their program as a NBA player factory . Got a notice about Clark leaving Illini supposed to be family issues . I go on my rants as a fan but hope things in his personal life can work out . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:04 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:48 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
I scratched my head on that one . Kentucky is supposed to be a perennial powerhouse . What happened ? I looked at their program as a NBA player factory . Got a notice about Clark leaving Illini supposed to be family issues . I go on my rants as a fan but hope things in his personal life can work out . Dan
Dan, I forgot about SKYY decommitting from UK to go to Illinois. Hopefully things work out.

UK is in a bad place right now, and it looks like chemistry issues. IMO anyways. Saturday against (@)UT will probably be another beatdown. I didn't expect UK to win at Alabama, but didn't think we'd quit. Our star 3 players were 3-30 from the field and it didn't seem to be because of Bama's defense, just bad play. UK only shot 8 free-throws while Bama shot 26....they did everything right and we did everything wrong and I'm not sure how we fix it, if it can be fixed.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I hear you , we have lost games just by sloppy play allowing team points at the line make a big difference . As I far as I know Sky is done and will go portal again . I wonder If part of it was his brother decommitting at Illinois was a issue . It is definitely a bad look and could make some schools not want to take a chance , especially after getting a wad of money . I think the Portal will create more problems as it goes on unless NCAA makes some changes to the process . I think it creates a two tier division on teams that is not healthy . Some players who play crappy get a financial stipend and other kids playing hard get nothing . I don’t see the fairness or cohesion building a solid team . Illini did send him a message with the big win , we can do better without you .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

As I sit here watching UK with 2 points with 5 minutes gone down to an awful SC team 13-2, I've realized this team has to be tanking and doesn't want to win! Abysmal! Not sure what they'll gain tanking tho😱
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm
As I sit here watching UK with 2 points with 5 minutes gone down to an awful SC team 13-2, I've realized this team has to be tanking and doesn't want to win! Abysmal! Not sure what they'll gain tanking tho😱
Maybe not, Larry. They could just be hitting bottom & if that's the case they may get fired up enough to not want to be embarrassed anymore.
But, who knows. You could be right. Hard to tell with kids now a days
Has Calipari ever benched all 5 starters in a game?
Roy Williams would do it. That tended to light a fire under their arse.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

We've got a really tough game tonight against UVA in Charlottesville. Really excited to see how they handle Virginia- that will tell me a lot.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:47 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm
Maybe not, Larry. They could just be hitting bottom & if that's the case they may get fired up enough to not want to be embarrassed anymore.
But, who knows. You could be right. Hard to tell with kids now a days
Has Calipari ever benched all 5 starters in a game?
Roy Williams would do it. That tended to light a fire under their arse.
Rock bottom is here, but I think Cal lost the team. Trying something new might work because repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome isn't 🤦‍♂️
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illini over Nebraska last night 76-50 . 3 pointers where from everyone, a good sign and defense was pretty good . Nice thing they were playing as a team . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illini bet MSU last night 75-66 . It was a hard fought game . Basically Michigan State eventually ran out of gas in second quarter . Illini played one of their best games few turnovers and fouls , shared the ball and defense rebounding made a lot of their points . Hopefully we can continue to climb up . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:43 am
Illini bet MSU last night 75-66 . It was a hard fought game . Basically Michigan State eventually ran out of gas in second quarter . Illini played one of their best games few turnovers and fouls , shared the ball and defense rebounding made a lot of their points . Hopefully we can continue to climb up . Dan
Looks like your boys are moving forward! My cats play Tennessee in about an hour and unless they have been sandbagging all year, they're gonna get hosed!

Rivalry game though so maybe it will be a good game...
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:57 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:43 am
Looks like your boys are moving forward! My cats play Tennessee in about an hour and unless they have been sandbagging all year, they're gonna get hosed!

Rivalry game though so maybe it will be a good game...
Good luck Larry ! I hope they can turn it around. Dan
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Wow didn't expect a win today but glad it happened. Our staring pg Wheeler was out with an injury but, I think we play better without him. Opposing players just score over top of him too easy. This loss didn't hurt TN any but it was a big boost to UK.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illini over Minnesota 78-60 at the Barn . Early foul trouble took out two starters and Underwood resorted to two freshman who played outstanding keeping us in the game and half we had a 3 point lead . Second half team exploded and defense shut down Minnesota offense. They are finally playing as a team and keeping turnovers down . Indiana at home Thursday , climbing out of hole . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Carolina played decent ball last night vs BC
Lost an 11 point lead - was cut to 2 by BC but, we got it back up to 10 and won comfortably
Still nowhere near in any shape to make a long run in the big dance.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I’m excited to see how Illini responds tonight against Indiana. I hope,zGoodemcan get back to add to bench soon . We will need a deeper bench once we go against Perdue who squeaked a win from MSU . It was nice to See Underwood not go ballistic hope that trend continues! Ha ha ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote: I’m excited to see how Illini responds tonight against Indiana. I hope,zGoodemcan get back to add to bench soon . We will need a deeper bench once we go against Perdue who squeaked a win from MSU . It was nice to See Underwood not go ballistic hope that trend continues! Ha ha ! Dan
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:02 am
Carolina played decent ball last night vs BC
Lost an 11 point lead - was cut to 2 by BC but, we got it back up to 10 and won comfortably
Still nowhere near in any shape to make a long run in the big dance.
Maybe UK/Ill and NC are getting it together! As long as it's not peaking too early...Last night Oscar scored 37 with 24 rebounds :yawn and hopefully we'll see PG Wheeler delegated to the bench for good, his defense is killing us along with all the turnovers, poor shots and bad passes.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

We went down in flames last night against Indiana , 80-65 . Poor shooting percentage first half and we let Davis make way too many shots uncontested . These young guys just got their first lesson of what a good Big 10 team can do if you don’t bring your A game every night . Still on the learning curve .
Henry David Thoreau