NCAA men's basketball 2022-23

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: NCAA men's basketball 2022-23

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:05 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:58 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:29 am
Lol, UVA is coming to Chapel Hill this evening to kick our arse - we have absolutely no business being in the NCAA Tourney as things are now.....
Latest rumor on why play is so bad is because they say Caleb Love slept with RJ Davis' girlfriend
Which will certainly cause problems in the locker room & the court but, Carolina was hurtin before that supposedly happened.
Oh well, here's to a Pre Season #1 Ranking not even making the Tourney - unless we win the ACC Tournament- but,, I see us getting bounced in the first round of that....
At least nobody has been shot . What a bad look at Alabama , sad .
Man, no joke!
Well, Carolina played like Carolina this evening taking down UVA fairly easy.
Virginia only had 5 losses coming in.
We still need to defeat the Blue Devils next Saturday & make a good run in the ACC Tourney to get in the NCAA tournament.
Hope it goes well for Carolina ! I think like you they really need a deep run in conference tournament for a pick . Getting close to who is hot and healthy!
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Man that Arizona state buzzer beater over Arizona really felt like March madness! 3/4 court too.

UK probably played their most complete game thumping Auburn today and now looks like will probably make the tournament. I wouldn't bet money on them though (not that I do that sort of thing).
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:10 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:05 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:58 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:29 am
Lol, UVA is coming to Chapel Hill this evening to kick our arse - we have absolutely no business being in the NCAA Tourney as things are now.....
Latest rumor on why play is so bad is because they say Caleb Love slept with RJ Davis' girlfriend
Which will certainly cause problems in the locker room & the court but, Carolina was hurtin before that supposedly happened.
Oh well, here's to a Pre Season #1 Ranking not even making the Tourney - unless we win the ACC Tournament- but,, I see us getting bounced in the first round of that....
At least nobody has been shot . What a bad look at Alabama , sad .
Man, no joke!
Well, Carolina played like Carolina this evening taking down UVA fairly easy.
Virginia only had 5 losses coming in.
We still need to defeat the Blue Devils next Saturday & make a good run in the ACC Tourney to get in the NCAA tournament.
Hope it goes well for Carolina ! I think like you they really need a deep run in conference tournament for a pick . Getting close to who is hot and healthy!
Thanks Dan!
& your spot on 😃
Ya know, I think this will be the biggest bracket busting Tourney ever.....I feel this year, it's truly anyone's to win.
Should be a great tourney!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:01 pm
Man that Arizona state buzzer beater over Arizona really felt like March madness! 3/4 court too.

UK probably played their most complete game thumping Auburn today and now looks like will probably make the tournament. I wouldn't bet money on them though (not that I do that sort of thing).
Feels so good to them play up to their potential doesn't it? 😃
Also, did yall see that Florida State - Miami buzzer beater too?! & how about Iowa!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Iowa is tough , Purdue / Indiana game was a bruising game yesterday . Illini at Ohio State today , they will be motivated. Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:41 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:01 pm

Feels so good to them play up to their potential doesn't it? 😃
Also, did yall see that Florida State - Miami buzzer beater too?! & how about Iowa!
Missed the other buzzer beaters but will have to look them up.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

We played like crap yesterday losing to OSU a bottom feeder 70-62 . We never lead the entire game against five freshmen . This is the biggest problem with this team when playing a team they are supposed to beat handily they don’t show up. Played with no energy, terrible shooting selection and percentage. Disgusted . Underwood after game was obviously ticked with the team definitely hurt us . I can see them losing next two games and fail to make it to the dance , at this moment they don’t deserve to be in it . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Cnhensel

Post by Cnhensel »

Pulling for a KU repeat 🏀🏆
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cnhensel wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:55 am
Pulling for a KU repeat 🏀🏆
That's a very real possibility!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illini over Michigan 91-87 in double overtime . Epps did not play concussion protocol but team as usual down first half and rallied in second . Thrilling game . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

71-76 Purdue win with the same lack of interest playing first half like a team by this time of season . Came back to tie only to let game win go due to poor shooting and turnovers. Play Penn State ( Barry’s team ) Thursday who have spanked us twice this year . Underwood’s time at Illinois may be numbered . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Guys, I think Carolina will have to win the ACC Tournament to get in the Big Dance. However, it may be possible they get in by making it to the semi finals. Probably a much better chance if they make the finals. The only lock would be to win the ACC Tournament- & imo, there's no way in **** that will happen. Talk about a truly disappointing season. My Heels went from a pre-season #1 - picked to win the National Championship- to not even getting in the Tournament.
Sad days here in The Old North State, Gents
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:47 am
Guys, I think Carolina will have to win the ACC Tournament to get in the Big Dance. However, it may be possible they get in by making it to the semi finals. Probably a much better chance if they make the finals. The only lock would be to win the ACC Tournament- & imo, there's no way in **** that will happen. Talk about a truly disappointing season. My Heels went from a pre-season #1 - picked to win the National Championship- to not even getting in the Tournament.
I'm with you Paul and I think there is only a couple of "elite" teams right now. We've been spoiled with really good teams for a long while, yet falling flat in the tournament. UK has 10 losses and that is unacceptable to most folk around here, our unmet(unfair) expectations make us ugly as a fan base. I get caught up in it too :-||

Not sure what to do or how to reach these kids of today regarding coaching them. You can't force a kid to care or to go all out if their heart is not in it.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:08 am
MacLaren wrote:
I'm with you Paul and I think there is only a couple of "elite" teams right now. We've been spoiled with really good teams for a long while, yet falling flat in the tournament. UK has 10 losses and that is unacceptable to most folk around here, our unmet(unfair) expectations make us ugly as a fan base. I get caught up in it too :-||

Not sure what to do or how to reach these kids of today regarding coaching them. You can't force a kid to care or to go all out if their heart is not in it.
Another thing to consider, how would a kid feel playing with someone on their team underachieving with $500,000 and decides to quit ? NCAA has lost all integrity.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:39 am
legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:08 am
MacLaren wrote:

Another thing to consider, how would a kid feel playing with someone on their team underachieving with $500,000 and decides to quit ? NCAA has lost all integrity.
Well said Dan! If effort was being made toward skill and strategy instead of marketability we might get back to where we were(not that it was perfect). Seeing coaches brag about kids inking NIL deals is hard to watch. How about kids getting educated while in college, would that be so bad?
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I agree fellas.
& I also stand by wishing the 1 & done had never been implemented. I believe the one & done has got us where we are today 😔
I truly believe the NCAA should have rolled the dice & let the chips fall where they may. Because great teams take years to biuld imo.....thats where the beauty of coaching & a system come into play.
The quality of the games are just awful. This last Carolina Duke game, UNC shot 30% & Duke 37% if not mistaken. Lol, & it wasn't due to tremendous defenses lol.......it's like yall elude to, no heart, no fire, no desire!
Lord, I think back to the UK Duke game in 92 I think? What a game!! I think back to all the powerhouse teams UNC had! As well as Duke & UK!! 3rd & 4th year players!! A REAL TEAM! A no joke kick your *** team!! Major RESPECT teams!
I'm very much afraid those days are lost forver
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

What was once a great institution where kids were given a chance to get a degree playing basketball , has become a supermarket of revolving players to schools chasing the dream of the NBA . NCAA has succumbed to the market share and profits off kids who will have no future in the pros . One and done is a disaster , rarely see an impact player . NCAA problem to me was they could not stand the idea of the few impact players going from high school to pro impacting their revenues . So basically kids are indentured to colleges until they can declare to go pro . The smell of money sickens me . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well fellas, that's it. We (Carolina) just git bounced from both the ACC as well as NCAA Tournament by the Virginia Cavaliers.
I just wonder if there has ever been another pre-seaon #1 to not make the NCAA Tournament?
At any rate, you can imagine my frustration- disappointment occurred a long time ago, when the writing appeared on the wall.
It's just all season, it seemed as Carolina played with no urgency at all. I really do not understand what's going on. I feel it's probably a locker room as well as coaching problem.
Either way, this season was a very hard pill to swallow gents.i wish yall the best of luck moving forward. I think we'll have a great Tournament. But, it's gonna be really strange without a North Carolina in it. It would be like not having Kentucky or Duke in the Tournament.
Oh well, that's how the ball bounces sometimes
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:13 pm
Well fellas, that's it. We (Carolina) just git bounced from both the ACC as well as NCAA Tournament by the Virginia Cavaliers.
I just wonder if there has ever been another pre-seaon #1 to not make the NCAA Tournament?
At any rate, you can imagine my frustration- disappointment occurred a long time ago, when the writing appeared on the wall.
It's just all season, it seemed as Carolina played with no urgency at all. I really do not understand what's going on. I feel it's probably a locker room as well as coaching problem.
Either way, this season was a very hard pill to swallow gents.i wish yall the best of luck moving forward. I think we'll have a great Tournament. But, it's gonna be really strange without a North Carolina in it. It would be like not having Kentucky or Duke in the Tournament.
We just got beat by Penn State by 3 points . We are still going to the Dance but seeding will be terrible . Before game told wife we be one and done tonight and it will probably be same in NCAA . After game interview was pitiful, Underwood already seemed resigned to next game . Broken coach and team , one of the worse teams Illinois has ever put together . Sad to say won’t miss graduating and transfers .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:29 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:13 pm
We just got beat by Penn State by 3 points . We are still going to the Dance but seeding will be terrible . Before game told wife we be one and done tonight and it will probably be same in NCAA . After game interview was pitiful, Underwood already seemed resigned to next game . Broken coach and team , one of the worse teams Illinois has ever put together . Sad to say won’t miss graduating and transfers .
Head up bro, your goin dancin!
Never know what will happen in that Tourney!!
I'll certainly be rooting for Illini & well as Kentucky!