House of the Dragon

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

House of the Dragon

Post by Mushroom »

Anyone else watch the premiere for “House of the Dragon” on HBO last Sunday?

The show is based on the book series “Fire & Blood” by George R.R. Martin. It’s a prequel to the “Game of Thrones” series that focuses primarily on the reign of House Targaryen.

I personally consider “Game of Thrones” to be one of the best TV shows ever made. I found the storylines and character development truly captivating and there were so many different elements of the show to hold the viewers attention.

Now, I have not read the “Fire & Blood” book series because I don’t know how to read but I’m immediately interested in the show “House of the Dragon” simply because of its relevance to “Game of Thrones.”

Without being too detailed, my first impressions of the show are great! It is already doing a good job setting the scene and laying the foundations for this season. It didn’t feel contrived, like they were biting at the heels of “Game of Thrones” success either. It actually feels like it will stand as a good show on its own merit and won’t rely on having prior knowledge from “Game of Thrones” to enjoy it. Although, for fans of “Game of Thrones” there were a handful of references and easter eggs throughout the episode that made things feel relatable and almost brings the viewer back to the feeling of watching “Game of Thrones” for the first time again.

Anyway, I’ll definitely be keeping up with “House of the Dragon” as it airs. It airs on HBO, Sundays at 9pm ET.
-Nick :bug-red
TomAiello

Re: House of the Dragon

Post by TomAiello »

I am waiting for it all to be out before I watch it. I read all the books, and watched the first HBO series. I liked the books substantially more, and felt like the TV series was best (early seasons) when it followed the books more closely.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I didn't initially have high expectations, but the premiere was awesome. Reminiscent of the best of GoT.

I read an article/interview with George RR Martin somewhere this past week where he said that he had more creative control over HOTD than he ever did over Thrones. If that's true and they stick close to the source material, I think this will be great.. I'm already hooked after just one episode!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
SG89

Post by SG89 »

As someone who has read all those books and seen all of GOT…I thought it was not that great but I will still watch it.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Watching, not as addictive as the original GOT. I feel like they should have gotten better actors.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

The Dragonfly seemed appropriate

But the Cutlery Shoppe Chief looked better!
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Has it been long enough?.. has everybody watched season 1?
I though it was pretty mediocre until it started to find that GOT vibe around episode 7. The last couple episodes were excellent. It was good enough that I continued to watch it, but I have higher hopes for next season.
•• Beau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

We watched it. I thought it was pretty good. I'll start to read Fire & Blood as soon as I'm done with my current read
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!