College Football 2022

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TomAiello

Re: College Football 2022

Post by TomAiello »

I'll have to go with UGA. Go Dawgs!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This game is everything for Tennessee- if they defeat Georgia- then actually lose the SEC Championship, they will still go to the Final Four Playoffs. (Mad Dog Russo a couple days ago & I agree 1,000 % !
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I might have to get up at 3:30am just to watch this game.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
rgc

Post by rgc »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:33 am
This game is everything for Tennessee- if they defeat Georgia- then actually lose the SEC Championship, they will still go to the Final Four Playoffs. (Mad Dog Russo a couple days ago & I agree 1,000 % !
I kinda agree. In a normal year this might work, but, if Clemson, TCU and the winner of Ohio/Michigan all win out then that will leave only one opening for a SEC champ. This game is huge for both teams and I can't believe I will write this . . . but . . . go Vols?!?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

rgc wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:26 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:33 am
I kinda agree. In a normal year this might work, but, if Clemson, TCU and the winner of Ohio/Michigan all win out then that will leave only one opening for a SEC champ. This game is huge for both teams and I can't believe I will write this . . . but . . . go Vols?!?
Hehehe......helll yeah brother! There ya go!! 😃
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

#1 Tennessee Volunteers play the #3 Georgia Chihuahuas at 3:30.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ole Smokey, the best Mascot in all of College Football! Go Vols!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well fellas, from what I see so far, Tennessee is gonna get a real arse kickin unless they can start running the ball like Georgia - Georgia looks superior thus far.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Congrats to UGA! They played a very impressive game today.
rgc

Post by rgc »

Getting exciting though . . . late Saturday night and both Clemson and Alabama are losing in the 4th.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Congrats GA! TN played a terrible game. Not up to their usual standards of playing.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Who do you guys see making the play offs at this point?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

That's a tough question. Still 3 or 4 games left plus Conference Championships to be played but, if I had to say right now, it would be
Georgia
Ohio State
Michigan
TCU
* who I actually think will be in when all said & done
Georgia
Ohio State
Tennessee
Michigan
Georgia over Michigan
Ohio State over Tennessee
Georgia over Ohio State in an Epic Natty
rgc

Post by rgc »

Looser of Ohio State v. Michigan will be out of the picture . . . loss to late in the season.

Georgia is in. Though it might be close if they loose to LSU in the SEC championship they still get in.
As long as winner of Michigan/Ohio State remains unbeaten they are in.

If TCU wins out they are in. Big if as TCU lives dangerously and still has dangerous games against Texas and Baylor left.

Tennessee is in if they win out (which they should) as there will not be four undefeated teams that matter and they will be the highest ranked one loss team.

If the Oregon Ducks keep playing like they are they will be the fourth team in. Some say it would be USC out of the Pac12 but I don't know if they even win out the rest of the season and if the Ducks beat Washington I think they can beat USC too in a championship game.

Now if TCU looses it gets interesting. If Georgia goes undefeated they are in and a one loss Vols team is in. Ohio State should make it to the Michigan game undefeated but Michigan has a troublesome Illini to play and could have one loss. If the winner of that game is a one loss Michigan I still think Ohio State gets in. So you have two SEC schools and two Big10. If Ohio state wins and Michigan has two losses they are out. If Ohio State wins and Michigan has one loss AND Ol'Miss beats Bama this weekend and goes undefeated (and Georgia wins the SEC) you would think Michigan easily over a three loss LSU BUT late losses and late wins matter so could Lame Kitten and the Ol'Miss Rebels sneak in past a one or two loss Michigan?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gotta say, I see maybe, just maybe Michigan losing to Ohio State.
& normally, I would not count on Michigan but, man this year is just different- they are really playing some ball. But, you make a good point. A 1 loss Michigan probably will not get in.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm pulling for Michigan. And anyone else who can beat Ohio State. :)

It's actually a reasonable possibility that we could see the play off contenders as Georgia, Michigan (last loss to Georgia), Tennessee (last loss to Georgia) and Oregon (last loss to Georgia).
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:05 am
That's a tough question. Still 3 or 4 games left plus Conference Championships to be played but, if I had to say right now, it would be
Georgia
Ohio State
Michigan
TCU
* who I actually think will be in when all said & done
Georgia
Ohio State
Tennessee
Michigan
Georgia over Michigan
Ohio State over Tennessee
Georgia over Ohio State in an Epic Natty
You don't see Oregon in there if they win their conference?

I can't see a one loss Oregon conference champion being chosen below a one loss Michigan/Ohio State (not conference champion).

One of Ohio State or Michigan has to win, go undefeated, and win the Big 10 conference, right?

That means the other one is both a one loss team and not a conference champion (and so is Tennessee). And if that's the case, I think Oregon has a pretty strong case if they can win the Pac 12.

Anyway, and as always, Go Dawgs!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah Tom, I really do see a 1 loss Michigan or Ohio State non conference champion being picked over a 1 loss Conf Champ Oregon - but, only if that OSU/UM loss was a squeaker!
If either is blown out then no dice.
The PAC12 is just too weak. To me it's certainly not about being a Conference Champ, it's all about the best 4 teams in the Country and as always strength of schedule and actual performance will rule the day.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, Tennessee had a mighty fine day offensively
724 total yards & 33 1st Downs!
In a 66-24 win over Mizzu

& the Georgia Bulldogs are just on another level, lol
I really don't see anyone beating Georgia this season. That will be 2 National Titles in a row.
If it happens, and I believe it will.
Jerry_Tuck

Post by Jerry_Tuck »

rgc wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:56 am
Looser of Ohio State v. Michigan will be out of the picture . . . loss to late in the season.

Georgia is in. Though it might be close if they loose to LSU in the SEC championship they still get in.
As long as winner of Michigan/Ohio State remains unbeaten they are in.

If TCU wins out they are in. Big if as TCU lives dangerously and still has dangerous games against Texas and Baylor left.

Tennessee is in if they win out (which they should) as there will not be four undefeated teams that matter and they will be the highest ranked one loss team.

If the Oregon Ducks keep playing like they are they will be the fourth team in. Some say it would be USC out of the Pac12 but I don't know if they even win out the rest of the season and if the Ducks beat Washington I think they can beat USC too in a championship game.
If you do not have enough time to study, I recommend buying research papers on https://essays.studymoose.com/buy-research-paper that will help you save time for something more important and urgent
Now if TCU looses it gets interesting. If Georgia goes undefeated they are in and a one loss Vols team is in. Ohio State should make it to the Michigan game undefeated but Michigan has a troublesome Illini to play and could have one loss. If the winner of that game is a one loss Michigan I still think Ohio State gets in. So you have two SEC schools and two Big10. If Ohio state wins and Michigan has two losses they are out. If Ohio State wins and Michigan has one loss AND Ol'Miss beats Bama this weekend and goes undefeated (and Georgia wins the SEC) you would think Michigan easily over a three loss LSU BUT late losses and late wins matter so could Lame Kitten and the Ol'Miss Rebels sneak in past a one or two loss Michigan?
Always interested in football in college it was one of my favorite games. However, really studying in college requires good time management and prioritization skills. It was quite difficult to complete my academic tasks efficiently.