College Football 2022

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TomAiello

Re: College Football 2022

Post by TomAiello »

Jerry_Tuck wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:56 am
Always interested in football in college it was one of my favorite games. However, really studying in college requires good time management and prioritization skills. It was quite difficult to complete my academic tasks efficiently.
Definitely. :)

My wife worked 50+ hours per week during football season (she was the first woman to be a trainer for UGA's football team) and still somehow managed an honors degree in 4 years.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

And wow. Spencer Rattler finally living up to his promise.

Now the only real conversation is whether USC edges out the loser of Michigan-Ohio State as the 4th playoff team.

I'm definitely pulling for Michigan to beat Ohio State, and emotionally I want to see TCU win out.
rgc

Post by rgc »

That "buying research papers" line was not in my original post.
rgc

Post by rgc »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:25 am
And wow. Spencer Rattler finally living up to his promise.

Now the only real conversation is whether USC edges out the loser of Michigan-Ohio State as the 4th playoff team.

I'm definitely pulling for Michigan to beat Ohio State, and emotionally I want to see TCU win out.
Ditto on TCU.
rgc

Post by rgc »

Well this weekend will help decide more.

Georgia still in and I can't see the loosing to LSU in Atlanta and that puts LSU out.

TCU, well again, they win out they are in and I would love to see this happen. At least they keep the games exciting till the end.

Winner this weekend . . . I think it will be Michigan but who the heck knows really.

If USC wins out, but, which Fighting Irish team shows up this week? The one that beat Clemson? Please let the Irish take the Pac 12 out of the conversation this year.

That leaves the fourth spot still open . . . and a one loss ACC champ Clemson might sneak in over a one loss Big10 team . . . they like conference champions.

ps. Saban is secretly searching his contract with the Devil to see if there is anyway a 2 loss Alabama can still jump in so stay tuned.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Yet another big surprise upset in College Station.

At this point I'm thinking we'll see Georgia, Michigan, TCU and USC as the play off teams. That's assuming USC can beat Utah this time around. If they get knocked out I'd say that puts Ohio State back in.

But Georgia, Michigan, TCU and USC gives us a play off with nationwide draw, a diverse set of teams and no one able to complain that the committee was biased in favor of any particular conference.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Plenty of surprises this weekend.

So, who's in the playoff? Georgia, Michigan, TCU and Ohio State?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I am soooooo incredibly disappointed in Carolina & especially Mack Brown & chiefly the offensive coordinator! 1st & GOAL TO GO @ the 10 yard line. 1st down is a super nice run that gashes the defense for 5 yards! 2nd down they pass the dam ball!!! WHY????? 3rd down goal to go & they pass again except this time Maye throws a 95 yard pick 6!!!
2nd down 5 yards to pay dirt and they throw the ball???? UNC DESERVES to get slaughtered!!
rgc

Post by rgc »

Well we know Georgia and Michigan are 1 and 2.

They should keep TCU but does this open the door for Ohio? Selection show tonight should be interesting.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Honestly, the way I see it is .....
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Alabama
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well guys, looks like the Top 4 teams in the Country are :
1. Georgia Bulldogs
2. Michigan Wolverines
3. TCU Horned Frogs
4. Ohio State Buckeyes
Of course, UGA will play OSU & UM will take on TCU
Ohio State vs Georgia will be one helluva game imo
Pretty sure Michigan will dominate TCU
I'm really excited about the Orange Bowl Tennessee vs Clemson - a true "Orange" Bowl lol
Go Vols!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Anyone want to predict the Heisman?

I honestly think Stetson Bennett deserves it, but my guess is that Max Duggan will get it. Duggan's solo 90 yard drive for a TD was truly impressive.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know, if they're not gonna give the Heisman twice to Tim Tebo, I really doubt Stetson will win again. And, that's wrong. I was really irked that Tebo didn't win twice like Archie Griffin did.
Honestly, I have little interest in the Heisman since that happened to Tebo. But, I do like the Heisman House Commercials 😃
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:44 pm
Ya know, if they're not gonna give the Heisman twice to Tim Tebo, I really doubt Stetson will win again.
Stetson Bennett has never won the Heisman. Last year was Bennett's first year as a starter, and Bryce Young won the Heisman last year.

The only two time Heisman winner was Archie Griffin (1974 and 1975).
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:21 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:44 pm
Ya know, if they're not gonna give the Heisman twice to Tim Tebo, I really doubt Stetson will win again.
Stetson Bennett has never won the Heisman. Last year was Bennett's first year as a starter, and Bryce Young won the Heisman last year.

The only two time Heisman winner was Archie Griffin (1974 and 1975).
My bad Tom! I don't knkw why, but I really thought he had won last year.
I hoe he wins it this year.
rgc

Post by rgc »

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:50 pm
Anyone want to predict the Heisman?

I honestly think Stetson Bennett deserves it, but my guess is that Max Duggan will get it. Duggan's solo 90 yard drive for a TD was truly impressive.
Bennett winning the Heisman would make the future Disney Movie complete. From walk on to National Champ to Heisman.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I really believe Stetson should win it. To win a National Championship last season and then go undefeated with an SEC Championship thus far, this season......what else they want??
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

https://theathletic.com/3975737/2022/12 ... rtsperson/

I am guessing Duggan will win the Heisman. All the buzz is about Caleb Williams, but Duggan seems a lot more deserving in a 'lifts the whole team up on his shoulders' kind of way. And Williams' play is a lot more erratic.

I guess if I had to rank the candidates in the order I think they deserve the Heisman it would be;

1). Stetson Bennett
2). Max Duggan
3). CJ Stroud
4). Caleb Williams

I'm pretty sure that's not how the actual Heisman voting will go, though. The numbers aren't really fair to Bennett, because he more or less rode the bench in the fourth quarter in half of Georgia's games (when they were so far ahead the game wasn't in question), so he had 6 quarters less play time than the other three candidates.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

They should really take into consideration just how hard it is to come back undefeated after winning a National Championship, especially in the SEC
At least I hope they do. But, your probably right Tom.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow....the Horned Frogs are dragging the Wolverines arses!