RIP Lenny "The Cool" Dawson 1935-2022

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

RIP Lenny "The Cool" Dawson 1935-2022

Post by JD Spydo »

It truly saddens me to inform all you great folks that a NFL football icon/legend just passed away. His loss here to the Kansas City, MO USA Earth area is huge to say the least. Because Lenny Dawson just departed this planet less than 2 hours ago at this writing. Lenny Dawson you can certainly say was Mr. Kansas City in so many ways. When the Chiefs came to Kansas City from Dallas Texas back in the early 1960s he was our first star Quarterback for the KC Chiefs and stayed in that role for many years. He was also a fabulous Sports broadcaster for many years in this region after his NFL career was over. He stayed active in the KC Chiefs broadcasting booth until age 82. And even then most of the Chief's fans did not want to see him retire even then.

His health had rapidly declined in the past few months and he passed away here in KC late this morning 08-24-22. He was an NFL Hall of Famer, a Superbowl winning QB and a great asset to the Kansas City community. Of all the years I've lived here I never heard one person say anything negative about Lenny Dawson. He was greatly loved and his passing has saddened most of the community. I'm sure the KC Chiefs will have a tribute for him in tomorrow night's pre-season game against the Green Bay Packers at 7:00pm central. He will be sorely missed. Rest In Peace Mr. Superbowl 4 hero!!