NFL 2022-2023 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by MacLaren »

That was a good game. Vikings are very lucky lol
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:16 pm
How about that Viking Bills game!
This is crazy....
Unbelievable!!! My jaw is still on the floor after that! That the most insane game I’ve seen in a long time! That knocked the Bills down to third in the AFC East! :cheap-sunglasses

Justin Jefferson and Dalvin Cook were just unstoppable! I’m also thoroughly impressed by Kirk Cousins and the improvements he’s made. What a game!
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:08 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:16 pm
How about that Viking Bills game!
This is crazy....
Unbelievable!!! My jaw is still on the floor after that! That the most insane game I’ve seen in a long time! That knocked the Bills down to third in the AFC East! :cheap-sunglasses

Justin Jefferson and Dalvin Cook were just unstoppable! I’m also thoroughly impressed by Kirk Cousins and the improvements he’s made. What a game!
Yeah, your right. The Vikings are for real.
What are they now, 9-1?
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Might be true. Brady and wife lost on FTX crypto bet.

https://medium.com/@officialcryptohub0/ ... eb051afceb
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I have no doubt that he lost money on that investment but I have a hard time believing he lost his entire net worth as a result. It will be interesting to see how this all ends though.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bad man is still bad. Cowboys gonna cowboys
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehe...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahaha, that game was something else. I've never seen anything like it, looked away for 20 seconds and I'm left stunned and confused why the Vikings were celebrating in the end zone...after Allen mishandled the center exchange.

I still think he's the best qb in the league, but these red zone interceptions are very uncharacteristic of him and starting to become a problem. The pressure of being the best has to be tough!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I personally don’t agree with the idea that having the athleticism to run automatically makes a great QB. I hear a lot of conflation between the two. Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and now it’s Justin Fields…

When Chicago isn’t running high school level quarterback scramble plays, Fields looks like he actually is a high school level QB.

Lamar Jackson is a glorified running back who’s about to break the bank and ensure the team that pays him never wins a Superbowl in the near future.

Josh Allen… is a bit different, in my opinion. He’s a really good QB now and he has improved greatly from when he was first drafted. As a rookie he was making some bad decisions and just making stupid mistakes but eventually progressed beyond those mistakes. Last year he took a huge leap and solidified himself as one of the best currently in the league. His confidence this year was at an all time high. He’s a big guy and started thinking he was invincible though. It was apparent from their first game this year.

That injury against the Jets really seemed to rattle him and not just physically, mentally too! After almost losing his elbow, I think he realized he’s not invincible and it looks like that has started effecting his decision making. He looked like a scared QB at times and there were some rookie characteristics coming back to light. The Bills don’t look nearly as unstoppable as they did when Allen was more inclined to try running running over linebackers.

Of course, some of his recent mistakes could just be a result of his elbow being in pain or him trying to prevent any further injury and I could just be reading way too far into the whole situation. :nerd
(It’s mostly due to optimism for the Patriots and the fact that the division is currently wide open.)

Also, all four AFC East teams are currently “in” the playoff standings. Just think that’s cool to see.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Really shocked to see Washington be the the team that finally beats the Eagles!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:12 pm
It is getting extremely difficult to bet on these games. This season has had so many surprises that have the experts baffled.
Not sure whether it's parody within the league or if it's just a certain team having a particularly good game. Both of the Chief's losses this year really didn't make much sense to me at all. As well as Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan all having a rough time getting it right. And a few people predicted the Raiders to win the AFC West Again it's getting really tough to bet on games in the NFL with any dependable accuracy it seems.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:42 pm
Mushroom wrote:
It is getting extremely difficult to bet on these games. This season has had so many surprises that have the experts baffled.
Not sure whether it's parody within the league or if it's just a certain team having a particularly good game. Both of the Chief's losses this year really didn't make much sense to me at all. As well as Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan all having a rough time getting it right. And a few people predicted the Raiders to win the AFC West Again it's getting really tough to bet on games in the NFL with any dependable accuracy it seems.
I think it’s a little bit of everything you mentioned. There is definitely a level of talent parity among a majority of the teams with only a few standing out above the rest. I think it’s better this way though! The playoff race is going to come down to the wire.

Of course, every season there are games where one team just way outperforms expectations and vise versa, sometimes teams will just have a bad day and lose one that no one expects.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My Giants are lurking...need to keep winning games we're expected to win! Dallas and Philly losing this past week is HUGE!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:24 pm
My Giants are lurking...need to keep winning games we're expected to win! Dallas and Philly losing this past week is HUGE!
Is it just me or has the first half of the season went by at lightning speed?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:23 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:42 pm
Mushroom wrote:
I think it’s a little bit of everything you mentioned. There is definitely a level of talent parity among a majority of the teams with only a few standing out above the rest. I think it’s better this way though! The playoff race is going to come down to the wire.

Of course, every season there are games where one team just way outperforms expectations and vise versa, sometimes teams will just have a bad day and lose one that no one expects.
I never ever thought that there would be another receiver equivalent to the great Jerry Rice ( 49ers fame). But after watching Justin Jefferson of the Vikings Sunday I think he may indeed be as good as Jerry or even slightly better. I never ever thought I would hear myself saying that. And he did it against the Bills of all teams. The Vikings could indeed take it all>> I would not bet against the Vikings or Miami either one at this point. And who the heck would have thought that Kirk Cousins would rise to the occasion??
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Vikings really do look to be for real. Kirk Cousins is blessed with top talent across the board on offense. Dalvin Cook can score from anywhere in the field, and also grind out tough yardage. Jefferson...JD summed that kid up pretty well. Thielen, you can't ask for a much better WR2. A skilled veteran that knows the offense. Now they just traded for Hockenson at tight end! He can stretch the field as well and a reliable 3rd down target.

Same goes for Miami, I can't believe I'm honestly saying that. Tua/Hill/Waddle is an insane trio. Now Jeff Wilson shows up and teams up with Mostert in the backfield, just like their 49ers days and pick up right where they left off. It's hard to hang with offenses built like those two teams.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Here ya go!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehe....he has a football in his holster!
Awesome poster!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Pretty interesting break down of a defensive players mindset before each and every play!

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/tren ... ing-plays/

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Literally everyone I know is going to be glued to the Sunday Night game between the Chargers & The Chiefs. I've seen more interest in this game locally than I have any other Chiefs game so far this season. It's literally a "Do or Die" game for the Chargers.

And it would be a vivid "Statement" game for the Chiefs if they are victorious. The Chiefs have some key players on the injured list. However Kadarius Toney has been a huge acquisition for the Tribe this year. Check out Travis Kelce's comments.

Also the Cowboys/Vikings game is going to be very significant as well. This game will prove whether or not the Vikings are for real this season I do believe.