NFL 2022-2023 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by MacLaren »

Well JD, who ya gonna get for your new OC?
Looks like Bienemy signed with the Skins
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Can't believe the guy still can't get a head coaching job. Granted I think I could even be the OC of the Chiefs and they would still score over 20 a game haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:26 am
Can't believe the guy still can't get a head coaching job. Granted I think I could even be the OC of the Chiefs and they would still score over 20 a game haha.
Ha!! 😃
I know right, Rick?!
As long as it's a forward play instead of a backwards play, I think we would have a 50/50 chance of being successful with Patty Mahomes!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:28 am
Well JD, who ya gonna get for your new OC?
Looks like Bienemy signed with the Skins
I'm looking to see Matt Nagy take Eric Bieniemy's place. I think that was the plan all along when Andy Reid took him in after his firing from the Bears. And Matt Nagy is one of those guys who are excellent coordinators but just don't have the extra talent it takes to be a head coach.

Two of the guys I didn't think would be good head coaches were Zack Taylor (Bengals) and Mike McDaniels ( Dolphins. Both of those guys surprised me at how good they turned out. To be a head coach you either have it or you don't. And it doesn't take long to realize that a guy doesn't have it i.e. Paul Hackett was for sure way in over his head.

If Matt Nagy doesn't get the Chief's OC job ( which I would be shocked if he didn't) then I'm guessing that it will be someone out of Andy Reid's past that will be selected. I think they knew EB wasn't going to be with the Chiefs much longer and they got Nagy for the first opening.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Not at all trying to rub it in but I do look for the Chiefs to kill the 2023 Draft. Almost everyone that Brett Veach selected in 2022 turned out to be very respectable which is not easy to do in the draft. But Veach has got a good eye for talent and I'm hoping he can boost the defensive side of the ball a bit better than it is. The Chief's defensive unit is only one notch above mediocre and needs much improvement. This 2023 Draft is going to be a very interesting event for sure.

It's also going to be most interesting where Aaron Rogers and Derek Carr both end up at.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:15 pm
Not at all trying to rub it in but I do look for the Chiefs to kill the 2023 Draft. Almost everyone that Brett Veach selected in 2022 turned out to be very respectable which is not easy to do in the draft. But Veach has got a good eye for talent and I'm hoping he can boost the defensive side of the ball a bit better than it is. The Chief's defensive unit is only one notch above mediocre and needs much improvement. This 2023 Draft is going to be a very interesting event for sure.

It's also going to be most interesting where Aaron Rogers and Derek Carr both end up at.
Not rubbin it in at all Joe. Chiefs have done a helluva job across the board.
I would certainly imagine they'll have a great draft class this year.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:41 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:15 pm

Not rubbin it in at all Joe. Chiefs have done a helluva job across the board.
I would certainly imagine they'll have a great draft class this year.
Historically the Chiefs have never been that great with draft picks. Aside from the two years they got Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith. But they have had so many horrible draft busts over the years. Carl Peterson ( former GM) all but destroyed this team.

Brett Veach love him or hate him ( and a lot of people do) has had an excellent record for draft picks in the last 3 years especially ( yeah Mahomes was his idea). He has been a disciple of Andy Reid for so many years and him and Andy are on the same page.

Do keep an eye on the Chief's picks this coming April. If they can spice up their defense some more they will be a formidable team. They did great last year with George Karlaftis and Trent McDuffie. I do look for both of those guys to explode this next season. If we can get one more edge rusher to go with Chris Jones and Karlaftis we will have some serious numbers to put up. Also if we can get another power runner similar to Isaiah Pechecko they may be even better next year.

But I've got to give credit where it's due. The Bengals have put together a powerful offense as well. Not to mention the Bills improving. And with Sean Payton being the Broncos new coach we are not going to walk on Denver like we had been in the past. The Raiders really laid an egg when they picked McDaniel. They would have been better off to have kept their interim coach Rich Bisaccia>> **** he took them to the playoffs and the players loved him. Mark Davis is probably the worst owner in the NFL. He sure doesn't have the talent his dad did. Not to mention nearly all of his employees completely despise him ( got that first hand from a good friend who is an avid Raiders fan).
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, so Daniel Jones fires his Agent & is seeking between 40-45M per season on a new contract....
Wow....just wow.
I've always liked Daniel Jones but, he's dreamin....at least imo!
Or helll, maybe I'm dreamin!! 🤔
Maybe a quality N.F.L. Q.B. should bring that much.
Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely 100% for any N.F.L. player getting as much as they can..
Maybe it is time to raise the Q.B. 1 starting pay 😃
SG89

Post by SG89 »

If the NFL was rigged the Cowboys would win the Superbowl every year! Lmao. The Cowboys make the NFL the most money and subsidize a lot of the lesser teams with profit sharing. You’re welcome Browns 😁
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:16 pm
If the NFL was rigged the Cowboys would win the Superbowl every year! Lmao. The Cowboys make the NFL the most money and subsidize a lot of the lesser teams with profit sharing. You’re welcome Browns 😁
Good point!! 😃
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:25 am
Lol, so Daniel Jones fires his Agent & is seeking between 40-45M per season on a new contract....
Wow....just wow.
Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely 100% for any N.F.L. player getting as much as they can..
Well I got another wild guess right. The Chiefs did promote Matt Nagy as their Offensive Coordinator. I would have been surprised if they would have got anyone else for OC. I do believe that was the long term plan all along. Eric Bieniemy's days were numbered. He was either going to be an HC or go elsewhere. EB will probably succeed Rivera for the Commander's HC job in the near future. I bet they already made a deal with him.

I do think that Matt Nagy will be an excellent replacement for EB. I still look for the Chiefs to literally kill the 2023 NFL Draft this coming April. So many of the Rookies played a big part of them winning the big prize this year. General manager Brett Veach has done superbly in the past 2 Drafts. Well I guess 2 out 3 ain't bad for 3 Superbowl appearances as the song says.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wow....just wow.
It seems to me it's more the issue of the "guaranteed money" in the contract than the overall amount. It sure is holding up deals with Lamar Jackson, Derek Carr and a few others it seems. I will admit that Daniel Jones has surprised me with his improvement of this past season. But I still wouldn't pay him that amount.

Personally I think the players are way past the point of being greedy pigs. At some point the market for these pro athletes will totally collapse the entire league.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm sick worrying the Giants will pay him and hinder the rest of the team. Yes, he played great this past year...considering his #1 WR was actually 5th on their depth chart to start the season. Also was sooo much smarter with the football. But no way should he even sniff 40 million per year. You need to be great for a good 2-3 consecutive seasons to earn that rate, imo.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:51 pm
I'm sick worrying the Giants will pay him and hinder the rest of the team. Yes, he played great this past year...considering his #1 WR was actually 5th on their depth chart to start the season. Also was sooo much smarter with the football. But no way should he even sniff 40 million per year. You need to be great for a good 2-3 consecutive seasons to earn that rate, imo.
Exactly, Rick. That's what I'm saying man.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:38 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wow....just wow.
It seems to me it's more the issue of the "guaranteed money" in the contract than the overall amount. It sure is holding up deals with Lamar Jackson, Derek Carr and a few others it seems. I will admit that Daniel Jones has surprised me with his improvement of this past season. But I still wouldn't pay him that amount.

Personally I think the players are way past the point of being greedy pigs. At some point the market for these pro athletes will totally collapse the entire league.
It was actually Jimmy Haslam that started the guaranteed money thing, lol. The league owners were beyond furious with him for giving that contract to Watson.
As far as being greedy, I would have to disagree- or at the very least say the players have absolutely nothing on the owners when it comes to greed.
Nah, the League is in better financial shape than it has ever been. Money would be the very last reason for the League to collapse. Helll, they can afford it easily - just like most if not all mega corporations, they just wanna keep the loot for themselves!!
More likely stupidity - not developing referees, not paying them good enough (don't want the officials bought off) & taking away everything the defense can do. That's just my 2 pennies worth 😃
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It's crazy, it's excessive, it has jumped the shark, but, it's hard to blame someone for wanting to maximize their income.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I realize it's only a 4 year deal but, still it is shocking!! Mahomes needs to rework his deal NOW!! If that's what Daniel Jones will get 40M per season, then Mahomes SHOULD get 80 Million or ****, $100 Million per season!!! Again, I don't care whether Mahomes has a 10 year contract & Jones has just a 4 year contract.....lol, that's how I would go about it!!
Daniel Jones should kiss his agent as well as Jimmy Haslams feet bwahahaha!!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:57 am
I realize it's only a 4 year deal but, still it is shocking!! Mahomes needs to rework his deal NOW!! If that's what Daniel Jones will get 40M per season, then Mahomes SHOULD get 80 Million or ****, $100 Million per season!!! Again, I don't care whether Mahomes has a 10 year contract & Jones has just a 4 year contract
I hear what you're saying MAC but I doubt that is going to happen. Patrick Mahomes has went on record saying that he is pleased with his contract and wants there to be room to put other good players around him. And for that I commend him. Because if he invests his money conservatively he will be set for life as it is. Not to mention all the endorsements he's already getting with State Farm, Oakley along with Hy VEE and a certain manufacturer of breakfast cereal. If he wins two more Superbowls which I do believe he will over time he will be so high in demand for endorsements that he won't even be able to keep track of the money he'll have coming in. Even Lord Brady has done similar things with his last two contracts. I do hope that might set a trend. Some of these guys are simply the Godzilla of Greed.

These greed-mongers are going to eventually destroy the NFL. Actually I don't think they are far from it now.

Oh by the way I was right about Matt Nagy taking EB's place. But I saw that writing on the wall a few months back.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This is going to spark some controversy I'm sure. Now it's well known that I'm not a fan of Lord Brady. Oh yeah he's a great QB and all that but I have my reasons. But there is a rumor developing on some Youtube channels. That Lord Brady might again come out of retirement to join the Miami Dolphins. And I personally would love to see that happen. Because if Tom Brady had Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle to throw to that might make for some big time entertainment.

I kind of hope that is true. Steven A. Smith did a video on it and it does sound plausible. If he does come back to the NFL I think that could make some huge record setting numbers for all involved. Look how Randy Moss catapulted the career of the QBs that threw to him. I really believe that Lord Brady even at his age would be far superior to Tua>> who really didn't do all that bad with those two receivers. I can only imagine the TV viewer ratings would go through the roof.

Truthfully I hope it happens. I would love to see Tyreek Hill break some records.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Brady to Miami rumors have been happening since last offseason. They were literally caught and punished for tampering with him.

It’s not happening though, he’s done.

I’ll tell you why that’s being talked about right now though - it’s the offseason. The NFL media needs eyes on it and anything Tom Brady related is still one of the easiest ways to generate those views.

What a clown show his retirement has become though. This Brett Favre-esque retirement BS is starting to make me view him a little differently. He’s still the G.O.A.T but I can’t be the only the one that sees the writing on the wall?
-Nick :bug-red