NFL 2022-2023 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Re: NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by Evil D »

Don't know if I've ever been mad about the Bengals winning but my god they did all they could to lose.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man!!!!!
I forgot about the game........ 😔
I've been cookin all day & just forgot...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Don't know if I've ever been mad about the Bengals winning but my god they did all they could to lose.
But, the big cats pulled it out man. Yall have such a bright future with Burrow!
He's gonna be one the best ever.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:16 pm
Evil D wrote:
But, the big cats pulled it out man. Yall have such a bright future with Burrow!

I'll just never understand how any team can try a run play and get absolutely shut down, then go "maybe this time....maybe THIS time...MAYBE THIS TIME...and just keeps running the ball when everyone else is watching you get stuffed. I've never been the armchair quarterback type but I really was scratching my head on the last few Bengals drives.
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:56 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:16 pm
Evil D wrote:

I'll just never understand how any team can try a run play and get absolutely shut down, then go "maybe this time....maybe THIS time...MAYBE THIS TIME...and just keeps running the ball when everyone else is watching you get stuffed. I've never been the armchair quarterback type but I really was scratching my head on the last few Bengals drives.
Lol, believe me man, I know. They'll blow your dam mind sometimes!
What you just described was the definition of Insanity.......it's been done by many teams!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Evil D wrote:
LOL I know that feeling all too well after the season the Pats have had! Especially when it comes to play calling. They’ve done so much to beat themselves this season. It would’ve been by Christmas miracle had the Patriots pulled off this win but instead they literally fumbled it away.

It definitely seemed like the Bengals let off the gas though. They had the Pats about to wave the white flag in the first half, they were beating them so easily. It was a very cold game though, they probably just wanted to get it over with as fast as possible.

———

In other news, Nathaniel Hackett has been fired from the Broncos. I’m surprised it took this long, they’re a disaster this season!

There were reports about Jerrod Mayo interviewing for the Broncos head coaching job and he was well received but ultimately didn’t get the job. He has been great with the Pats defense so I’m hoping they don’t lose him this offseason. Although, to get beat out by Nathaniel Hackett and see the season he has had, maybe it speaks for itself that Jerrod Mayo probably isn’t their best option at the moment either.
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I'll admit up front that I haven't been glued to the KC Chiefs sports scene in over a year or so. But the latest Chief's buzz I'm really finding amusing.. It seems like all the "KNOW IT ALLs" in all of the Sports bars here in KC all have the consensus that Eric Bieniemy will take over the head coaching job of the Broncos. Well when I first heard it early this afternoon I wanted to proclaim how stupid that would be.

But the more that I got to thinking it might be one of the very few choices they have. I've heard rumor that Sean Payton has already said "**** No!!". And who would want the Russell Wilson baggage that has anything going for them in that level. If I had any disposable funds I would be tempted to make a large bet that Eric Bieniemy will be one of the few choices they have and is likely to be named the Broncos head coach.

It's making sense from so many angles. But seriously would any prime time, high level head coach candidates want to take on the garbage situation of the Russell Wilson debacle. He might even be their only choice if the truth were known.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Really scary situation in the Bills vs Bengals game tonight! Bills safety Damar Hamlin went down after making a tackle and required CPR on the field. Praying the worst doesn’t happen and he is able to eventually recover from this.

Apparently, the NFL went straight into damage control mode and gave the teams five minutes to get ready to continue playing. They couldn’t care less about the players well being and they wanted it known tonight. As long as they’re making money, they don’t give an F and will do what they want.

No matter what, this has been a really bad season for the league! From Tuas head injuries to now this… the PR has been bad all around.

———

The game has been cancelled! This is a terrible situation. Praying for Damar Hamlins health and recovery!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah this is unbelievable, really not looking good for Damar. He's in good hands though, UC is a great hospital.

Also in unrelated news we lost Ken Block today too in a snowmobile accident, and Jeremy Renner is in critical condition after getting ran over by a snow plow. 2023 off to a great start.
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Terrifying to watch happen live. The whole excited atmosphere of the game, both teams scoring on their first drives. Then this...this is awful. His mother there watching this happen, all his friends and teammates.

Such a shame about Ken Block as well. Love his Gymkhana videos, particularly the one from San Francisco around 10 years ago. Great video.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well fellas, I reckon he is still in critical condition
Just watched ESPN & they were going to update his condition at 7am
But, all they said is that he's still in critical condition-
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Oh wow! That’s the first I’m hearing of Ken Block passing as well! Was just reading a post online from him yesterday morning about an Audi he helped his daughter rebuild. That’s a shame, I was a big fan of his. Rest In Peace.

Damar Hamlin is still being reported as in critical condition. Still praying for his well-being!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hate to admit it but, I've never heard of Ken Block until today.
I also hated to learn that Jeremy Renner got hurt.
I skied pretty solid for about 10 years.
I can tell ya, it's dangerous in so many ways.
I ripped out my ACL really good in '93 - the Orthopedic Surgeon threw it away & I got myself a cadaver. That was a rough a year guys.
I loved to ski though.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Finally get to see my boy Trevor Lawrence play tonight.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow! Can yall believe this Jags Titans game!
As terrible as Lawrence has played the defense bails him out!
For now....2:51 to go, Jacksonville up 20-16
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Can't wait to see that offense continue to grow with Calvin Ridley next year as well. Sneaky solid skill players all over the field on the Jags. Wish the Giants could have utilized Engram the way the Jags have. He's had a great season.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:12 pm
Can't wait to see that offense continue to grow with Calvin Ridley next year as well. Sneaky solid skill players all over the field on the Jags. Wish the Giants could have utilized Engram the way the Jags have. He's had a great season.
Agree all the way!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Looks like the Texans just got a last minute win which should get my horrible Chicago Bears the #1 pick in the draft lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My opinion, but I believe Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers should be the N.F.L. Head Coach of The Year.
It's truly hard to believe that he pulled off a winning season with the Quarterbacks that he has & losing TJ Watt for so many games.
The man has NEVER had a losing season!!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Pretty favorable matchup for Trevor, all matchups considered. I like both of those young qbs in that game. Excited for it!! Could go either way!

-Rick