NFL 2022-2023 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by Mushroom »

With the “NFL Hall of Fame game” happening tonight, it seemed like an appropriate time to start this years thread.

First preseason game of the season tonight, Raiders vs. Jaguars. Raiders currently leading 6-0 at the end of the first quarter. Anyone else watching?

Feels good to have some real-time NFL football back! :party-face
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by MacLaren »

Thanks for making the new thread, Nick!
Yeah man, I watched just a few minutes of the game last night.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Me too, just to scratch that little football itch! Just a tease at this point though haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I watched a few minutes and it felt wonderful. I missed football so bad 🏈
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:59 am
It did....but, did it also feel a bit bittersweet?
Reason I ask is because my wife said it signaled the end of summer/kids going back to school, so on & so forth....
Me, I'm not the biggest fan of Summer. I love the Fall & Spring.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:54 am
SG89 wrote:
Reason I ask is because my wife said it signaled the end of summer/kids going back to school, so on & so forth....
I loathe summer so anything that signals fall is on it’s way I’m happy about. It’s 105 degrees here most days
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:29 am
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:54 am
SG89 wrote:
I loathe summer so anything that signals fall is on it’s way I’m happy about. It’s 105 degrees here most days
Oh wow. That's miserably hot 🔥🥵
I think you would love it where I live
It very rarely reaches 90° - just a few days outta the summer it may get that hot.
Crank up that AC SG89 😊
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I fell asleep for the second half but still feels good to have football back! One observation from the game is the Raiders have a lot of former Patriots. I knew they had a bunch but I didn’t realize it was 10 players not including coaches. I’ll be interested to see how they do this season, their division might be the best in the league right now.

We get enough cold weather here that I like to squeeze as much summer as I can out of it, so fully I understand how your wife feels Mac. I love the summer and the start of NFL football is definitely the harbinger of its end. That said, summer is still in full swing in my mind! :cheap-sunglasses
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Game day!!! The Patriots vs. Giants at 7 pm ET and the Titans vs. Ravens at 7:30 pm ET preseason games are on tonight!

Reports from Patriots training camp have been not been good so far, so I’m very interested to see if that’s just normal training camp struggles or if those struggles will be translating into a “real” game. From the sound of it, Mac Jones won’t be playing tonight either but we should get a good look at their new rookie QB Bailey Zappe.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Greetings Friends, Romans and Countrymen ( girls too). Well I've got an update for all you devout "CHIEF HATERS" :grin-smiling-eyes A friend of mine who was at training camp said most all the draft picks looked excellent. He said the Sir Patrick's accuracy looked like science fiction. Needless to say the Defence and Offence both looked much improved. No we are not missing his majesty Tyreek Hill much at all.

Again I know most of you are avid CHIEF HATERS ( as well as hating myself) I was sure you all wanted to hear this most important update :star-struck
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

:rofl LOL! Thanks for the update.

That’s exactly what the rest of the league needs, the Chiefs getting even better. :nauseated

When you’re one of the best teams in the league, it paints a target on your back and it definitely brings out the haters. We don’t hate you though! As heated as sports rivalries can get, it’s all just fun and games really.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Here I am just hoping we can win something like, 6-7 games this year hahaha!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:25 am
:rofl LOL! Thanks for the update.

That’s exactly what the rest of the league needs, the Chiefs getting even better. :nauseated

When you’re one of the best teams in the league, it paints a target on your back and it definitely brings out the haters. We don’t hate you though! As heated as sports rivalries can get, it’s all just fun and games really.
Oh it's all good buddy. Because I could be eating some really tough crow meat again come January. Just cause they start out the favorites doesn't mean their gonna make it to the big dance.

What is mind blowing is how many fans are showing up to the Chiefs training camp ( as my friend did). He said Skyy Moore, George Karlaftis, Trent McDuffie, Leo Chenal, and all the other draft picks are looking like veterans. He said this training camp has been beyond belief. I do think they did good in the draft but we'll see how it all pans out.

I hope it blossoms because I'm getting really tired of eating crow>> even with A-1 Sauce on it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:27 am
Here I am just hoping we can win something like, 6-7 games this year hahaha!
Your a Giants fan aren't you Rick? I still can't understand why they picked Danny Dimes with all the loot they have to play with?????

But the Giants throughout the years never stay down forever. Ever since they slaughtered John Elway and the Broncos in the 86-87 Superbowl I've always liked that team. They always seem to find their way back to the top. Lawrence Taylor gave you guys a lot to be proud of. They'll be back eventually.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yep, I'm confident we'll be relevant again sometime within the next 3-5 years. We've had some rough patches during my existence...this one is just the worst stretch I've seen! It's nice to go into a season without lofty goals though, doesn't hurt as bad when you don't play well :zany

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:19 pm
Yep, I'm confident we'll be relevant again sometime within the next 3-5 years. We've had some rough patches during my existence...this one is just the worst stretch I've seen! It's nice to go into a season without lofty goals though, doesn't hurt as bad when you don't play well :zany
The Giants have been a really solid and consistent organization since the mid 80s and I'm sure they be back in the thick of it again. But they are going to have to make better picks than Danny Dimes. He might have been OK back in the 70s. But the game has changed and they need someone with much more mobility than he has.

And they need to go back to being a super good defensive team when they had guys like Michael Strahan, Lawrence Taylor, Osi Umenyiora just to name a few. I'll always be indebted to the team who won Superbowl 42>> that was fantastic.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah, Yeah I know that pre-season NFL games are pretty meaningless for the most part. But the Chiefs vs Bears game today should provide some extremely interesting results as to who will make the main line up for 2022 season. With the plethora of top draft picks the Chiefs were able to snag this off-season it's going to be a show all it's own.

Isaiah Pacheco has literally played like Barry Sanders in training camp. Skyy Moore looks more like a seasoned veteran receiver. Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis & Leo Chenal are all expected to make the main 53 man roster with ease. I don't ever remember this many draft picks rated so high ever in Chief's history.

I can't believe all the hoopla surrounding the entire Chief's training camp this year. Maybe Sir Patrick is finally going to have a defense to help him out finally. So today's game might be interesting if these draft picks live up to their hype. I'm pretty certain about Isaiah Pecheco and Leo Chenal both bringing home the bacon.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well all 3 of those Chief's Rookies are looking good in this pre-season game i.e. Chiefs vs Bears>> and so far GEorge Karlaftis, Skyy Moore and Leo Chenal are making their presence known. These guys already look as good as any veteran player. I normally don't pay much attention to pre-season but with all the draft picks we got from that Tyreek Hill trade it's truly paying off big time. Better than I originally expected.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Ready to watch my Cowboys tonight. Excited for the rookies. Prepared for the usual BS the team puts me through every year.
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SG89 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:50 pm
Ready to watch my Cowboys tonight. Excited for the rookies. Prepared for the usual BS the team puts me through every year.
This is going to be a Do or DIE!! year for Coach McCarthy I'm afraid Because I know that Lord Jerry expected much better of him by this point in time.

But in Coach McCarthy's defense Lord Jerry is probably about thee worst NFL owner to work for with maybe the exception of Mark Davis ( LV Raiders owner).

DAK is also on a Do or DIE scenario as well Because Dak should have brought home the bacon long before now.

However I do look for the "BOYS" to have a better season than last year. I've got high hopes for CeeDee Lamb and ZEKE as well. It should be interesting. I think I'll even watch it. And I haven't been a Cowboy's fan since the Days of Roger Staubach and Tom Landry>> two NFL immortals.