NFL 2022-2023 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:42 pm
Late to make my pick for the NFC game but I would have picked the Eagles to win anyway, so this game is going about how I expected. I will admit that I really wanted the 49ers to win this won though. Doesn’t look good for them right now though. They’re down 28-7 with 11 mins left in the 4th, this game is over! It would take the most miraculous miracle ever for the 49ers to win this game.

I’ve pretty much expected the Eagles to at least represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this whole year. They’ve been the best and most consistent NFC team all year long. I really don’t want them to win it all this year, but I agree, it seems like that’s going to happen.

This AFC game is a difficult one to pick. These teams seem to be pretty evenly matched but I think I’d give the advantage to the Bengals. The Chiefs defense has been questionable this year and Mahomes is going to be playing with an “injured” ankle. Both of those things would seem to play into favor of the Bengals but I still can’t shake the feeling that the Chiefs are going to pull this one out. I really want the Bengals to win it all this year, so I’m really hoping they win tonight over the Chiefs. The thought of a Chiefs vs Eagles SuperBowl is just sickening… I despise both teams.

My heart says Bengals but my head says Chiefs. I’m picking the Bengals! After all, they have the home field advantage with the game being played at Burrowhead Stadium tonight! ;)
Dang Mushroom-well said👊
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I can't stand the Eagles, but it's hard to disagree. I'll be cheering for either AFC team to win the SuperBowl, regardless of who it is! Though I'm hoping to see Cincy!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

FB_IMG_1675041894760.jpg
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I can’t believe what the league just pulled… just unbelievable.

The game is still tied with 10 minutes left but the Chiefs were obviously chosen to go to the Super Bowl.

:astonished :exploding-head :astonished

The Bengals better win this game or else I’m convinced this game wasn’t decided on the field.
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

So shady, that's going to create some problems.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The refs are absolutely destroying the Bengals!
Can't believe they didn't call.roughing the passer when they hit Burrow well after he threw the ball!
Not to even mention all the other shenanigans!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I genuinely can’t finish watching this game in suspense, we all know how it’s going to end.

I’m not watching a Chiefs vs Eagles SuperBowl either.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sports media will not be shutting up about how the Bengals have always won by 3 but now the Chiefs won by 3, for the next two weeks.
Last edited by Mushroom on Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:48 pm
I genuinely can’t finish watching this game in suspense, we all know how it’s going to end.

I’m not watching a Chiefs vs Eagles SuperBowl either.
I hear ya man...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

What an idiot!!! I can't believe it. I really can't.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, those refs are absolutely incompetent
They didn't call roughing on Burrow
Makes me sick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Literally saw this field goal coming with 10 minutes left in the game…

F this league. It’s fake.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:02 pm
Literally saw this field goal coming with 10 minutes left in the game…

F this league. It’s fake.
Yup....you definitely saw the writing on the wall Nick....& sure enough, that's how she played out
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yep. I've been trying hard to resist but I really am starting to believe the NFL is rigged. So much money invested in Mahomes, and now with legal gambling everywhere, with the constant BS penalties and/or penalties not called and it's happening just right to get the right teams where they want them.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah, Andy Reid face his old team, the Kelce bros will face each other , mahomes wiped his arse side armed!! OmG......what a Super Bowl.....not.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Absolutely incompetent
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nick......
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

This game made me want to throw up ! Makes me wonder how many ref family members got rich on betting last night. Pitiful game . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:30 am
Nick......
That was hands down the most egregiously rigged set of plays ive ever seen happen in sports… it was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I know deep down, this league is manipulated behind the scenes via the refs. Their total and complete lack of accountability at all times is such a huge red flag for me too.

The leagues excuse is that it was a game clock violation (Also conveniently the third one of the game) but it ultimately made no difference on the play. It was as if the play ran as normal. Unfortunately, Precious Patrick and his entire supporting cast failed to convert their third down play. Enough time passed after the failed play for the Chiefs to get their punt team on the field. This was all normal, business as usual, but then Roger gets on the phone to send in those pecking orders! The league just handed the Chiefs a third down re-do because three seconds ran off the clock… Then on that re-do play, Precious Patrick gets sacked - pinning the Chiefs further back for the punt.

At this point the Chiefs inability to convert the third down on their own was just irritating the league, so they said F it, just give it to them any way you can. So rather than letting Precious Patrick’s team punt in that situation, they have a ref throw a flag for a ticky-tack holding call that was so far out of the play it may as well have been happening on the sideline. Bam! Free new set of downs now too!

If that first failed third down attempt went for a touchdown and Burrowhead was going crazy, there is a better chance of Abraham Lincoln becoming president again than the league overturning that touchdown to re-do the play. Of course we’ll never know but I’m convinced they would’ve let a Chiefs touchdown stand in that scenario.

None of this complete an utter nonsense lead to points but it still happened and I refuse to ignore it. It was only further compounded by the second to last play of the game where there were multiple obvious holds from the Chiefs offensive linemen. Offsetting penalties wouldn’t have put the Chiefs in field goal range though, so those holding calls were intentionally ignored.

What a coincidence! :sleeping The Chiefs are now set to beat the Bengals by a field goal after having lost to them by a field goal three times in a row! Wow, what a totally random coincidence! That would surely make for great some great attention grabbing storylines after the game! :sleeping

I used to wonder why the league doesn’t do anything about the bad officiating but I now realize it’s actually not bad - it’s intentional and setup exactly how they want it.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

WWE…I mean WWNFLE…such blatant disregard for pure sport…if I say what I really want to say I’d receive a lifetime ban from Sal himself…and lifetime ban is what Goodell and everyone else involved should get!!!😡