NFL 2022-2023 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by MacLaren »

Nick, Tom Brady is DONE.
your right man, it's just a way to get viewers and people's attention- it's ridiculous
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:13 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:57 am
I realize it's only a 4 year deal but, still it is shocking!! Mahomes needs to rework his deal NOW!! If that's what Daniel Jones will get 40M per season, then Mahomes SHOULD get 80 Million or ****, $100 Million per season!!! Again, I don't care whether Mahomes has a 10 year contract & Jones has just a 4 year contract
I hear what you're saying MAC but I doubt that is going to happen. Patrick Mahomes has went on record saying that he is pleased with his contract and wants there to be room to put other good players around him. And for that I commend him. Because if he invests his money conservatively he will be set for life as it is. Not to mention all the endorsements he's already getting with State Farm, Oakley along with Hy VEE and a certain manufacturer of breakfast cereal. If he wins two more Superbowls which I do believe he will over time he will be so high in demand for endorsements that he won't even be able to keep track of the money he'll have coming in. Even Lord Brady has done similar things with his last two contracts. I do hope that might set a trend. Some of these guys are simply the Godzilla of Greed.

These greed-mongers are going to eventually destroy the NFL. Actually I don't think they are far from it now.

Oh by the way I was right about Matt Nagy taking EB's place. But I saw that writing on the wall a few months back.
Lol, I was just kiddin Joe. Only halfway kidding though.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang, looks like Rodgers will not contest the trade to New York
Jimmy G is a Raider - doesn't look like Devonte Adams is too pleased
Gonna be a very interesting season this fall!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Haha...thats the best one yet
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:26 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:13 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:57 am
I realize it's only a 4 year deal but, still it is shocking!! Mahomes needs to rework his deal NOW!! If that's what Daniel Jones will get 40M per season, then Mahomes SHOULD get 80 Million or ****, $100 Million per season!!! Again, I don't care whether Mahomes has a 10 year contract & Jones has just a 4 year contract
I hear what you're saying MAC but I doubt that is going to happen. Patrick Mahomes has went on record saying that he is pleased with his contract and wants there to be room to put other good players around him. And for that I commend him. Because if he invests his money conservatively he will be set for life as it is. Not to mention all the endorsements he's already getting with State Farm, Oakley along with Hy VEE and a certain manufacturer of breakfast cereal. If he wins two more Superbowls which I do believe he will over time he will be so high in demand for endorsements that he won't even be able to keep track of the money he'll have coming in. Even Lord Brady has done similar things with his last two contracts. I do hope that might set a trend. Some of these guys are simply the Godzilla of Greed.

These greed-mongers are going to eventually destroy the NFL. Actually I don't think they are far from it now.

Oh by the way I was right about Matt Nagy taking EB's place. But I saw that writing on the wall a few months back.
Lol, I was just kiddin Joe. Only halfway kidding though.
Well it does look like the Chiefs are going to lose Orlando Brown when it's all said and done. That's one that I disagree with. I would have found a way to keep him. But I said similar things about the Tyreek Hill trade about a year ago and I was sure wrong about that one. I'm doubtful that there is anyone in the draft that can take Orlando Brown's place. But again I thought that the Tyreek Hill trade was going to damage the team.

It's going to be an interesting draft to be sure. For the past two years Brett Veach has done well. But this 2023 Draft remains to be seen. They desperately need another edge rusher with Clark going out the door.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah Joe, the Chiefs are in better shape than anyone in the League. Enjoy it man. Your lookin at at least 2 more Lombardi Trophies imo!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:25 am
Yeah Joe, the Chiefs are in better shape than anyone in the League. Enjoy it man. Your lookin at at least 2 more Lombardi Trophies imo!
Yeah but in the NFL everything can change in a very short time. But it does seem like Brett Veach truly does have some kind of an inside track on many of these draft picks. I think he hit two home runs with George Karlaftis and Trent McDuffie both. I do think they are going to be pro-bowl players for sure. If Veach can get a valid replacement for Frank Clark they will be in the driver's seat in 2023.

Two teams to watch out for in 2023 are the Dolphins and the Jets. But I do think the Browns are going to deeply regret getting Deshaun Watson.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:21 am
LOL!!!

I love watching Aaron Rodgers boss the Jets around like this! Then after all of this, it would be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen happen in the league if he doesn’t even go there! :rofl :rofl :rofl
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:35 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:21 am
LOL!!!

I love watching Aaron Rodgers boss the Jets around like this! Then after all of this, it would be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen happen in the league if he doesn’t even go there! :rofl :rofl :rofl
Pure comedy GOLD !
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

It had to be posted.... 😃
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Just more injury prone! Kind of like the Eagles releasing Miles Sanders, yet signing Rashaad Penny. Guy plays like 4 games a year.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:29 pm
Just more injury prone! Kind of like the Eagles releasing Miles Sanders, yet signing Rashaad Penny. Guy plays like 4 games a year.
😆 🤣 😂
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

LOL! Yeah, Jimmy G is just more injury prone and has little desire to actually play football.

In other news, Juju smith-tiktok is coming to the Patriots… makes me want to vomit. :nauseated

Such a weird move in my opinion too. They let Jakobi Meyers walk, just to go and sign JuJu Smith-schuster to an almost identical deal that Jakobi Meyers got from the Raiders. :spiral-eyes

Meyers was undrafted and worked his *** off for years to get to where he is now and the team basically tells him “thanks but no thanks.” He was a homegrown talent, familiar with the system, and had good chemistry with the offense but they’d prefer to make a lateral move to sign Juju instead. I just don’t get it.

We could pretty much change the names on that meme from Carr and Garrapolo to Meyers and Smith-Schuster. :grin-squint
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I thought that was also a strange move. Not really sure what the Pats are gaining here. Juju has proven he's not a WR1, but a very solid complimentary player. Meyers seems like he could have the potential of a WR1, but the offense overall has been very inconsistent.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang, it appears that Lamar Jackson has requested a trade from the Ravens
I gotta say, I feel (like most everyone else) that he made a huge mistake in choosing to represent himself in contract negotiations.
I also feel that Jimmy Haslam could be lynched before all this is over lol....
Lamar will soon find out that he or no one really will receive $250M guaranteed- do I blame Lamar for wanting that, heck no! He's better than Watson imo, but have no doubt, the Owners have colluded although illegal, but prove it lol, - just really poor judgement on Jackson's part imo
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I heard that he made the request back in March but it’s just being reported on now.

I’m not a Lamar Jackson believer at all. He’s been propped up on such a high pedestal as if he’s actually done something. (I couldn’t care less about the QB popularity contest he won in 2019 either - aka “mOsT VaLuAbLe PlAyEr” - what a joke that award has become 🤮) I just see him as a glorified running back with a good arm. Teams know he’s too much of a liability to give him the contract he’s asking for. That’s why running backs are a dime a dozen these days and so rapidly replaced. They play a tough position and are too prone to injury. To have your quarter of a billion dollar quarterback playing the role of a 1 million dollar running back is not something any team owner is ever going to do. (At least not without being forced to sell the team afterwards for such incompetence)

When Deshaun was actually playing (before his suspension) I personally thought he was rivaling Mahomes, but he was just trapped on the Texans. Deshaun seemed more athletic and like he had better poise under pressure. He didn’t rely on scrambling out of the pocket so much but he was plenty capable if needed. Without the suspension, I believe he could’ve elevated himself to being, at least, one of the top 3 QB’s in the league. I personally don’t believe any player should be worth the contract he got from the Browns but I do think he could’ve truly earned and been worth one of the highest paying contracts in the league had he not been suspended.

As it looks right now, the Browns gambled and lost big time! Watson was so far from the player he used to be. It could’ve been a result of not playing for so long but regardless he still wasnt anywhere near good enough to justify his contract. The Browns are now a stand-out example of how not to pay your QB. No other owner wants to be seen as the next Jimmy Haslam. If Lamar gets the contract he wants, that team owner has great potential to be the next Jimmy Haslam.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hear ya Nick. I think all that time away from the game plus the stress of the situations he was in took its toll. & as you certainly know Nick, if anyone isn't at their very best, it's too hard to make it in the N.F.L. - anyone can just look at the work Tom Brady put in to remain at the level he was on - Bradys work ethic is probably unrivaled.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Draft in a few weeks 😎 My favorite time of the year. Think there will be any surprise trades inside the top 5 spots?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

No idea my dear. I'm curious as to whom Carolina will pick since they made those moves to get the overall #1 pick
My guess would be CJ Stroud because of his height. I think he's 6'3" & the Alabama Q.B. is 5'11"
Correct me if I'm wrong
Who do you think the Panthers will choose?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

You are probably right Mac. I wish the Panthers well. I like the way they are trying to rebuild.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb