History of Great Rock Concerts

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: History of Great Rock Concerts

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

benben wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:54 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:44 am
benben wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:15 am
Went to the Plant / Page reunion tour at the Charlotte coliseum in 1998. Easily my favorite, most memorable concert, didn’t want the night to end!

The highlight of the night for me was when they performed “Gallows Pole”, the atmosphere was purely electric, never have I seen a crowd so blown away by a song!

Don’t get me wrong, I love what Zeppelin as a band and Robert Plant have done for the world of music, but that night was all about Jimmy Page for me!

As I said, that was 1998, can’t imagine how good they were in the mid to late seventies…..
One of my favorite songs . I also like In The Evening .
With the band Gallows Pole live was exceptional. Dan
Thought you might like this?
https://youtu.be/zzWCxZDFCic
That is fabulous ! They just nailed it . Thank you for thinking of me and sharing . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
benben

Post by benben »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:14 pm
benben wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:54 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:44 am
benben wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:15 am
Went to the Plant / Page reunion tour at the Charlotte coliseum in 1998. Easily my favorite, most memorable concert, didn’t want the night to end!

The highlight of the night for me was when they performed “Gallows Pole”, the atmosphere was purely electric, never have I seen a crowd so blown away by a song!

Don’t get me wrong, I love what Zeppelin as a band and Robert Plant have done for the world of music, but that night was all about Jimmy Page for me!

As I said, that was 1998, can’t imagine how good they were in the mid to late seventies…..
One of my favorite songs . I also like In The Evening .
With the band Gallows Pole live was exceptional. Dan
Thought you might like this?
https://youtu.be/zzWCxZDFCic
That is fabulous ! They just nailed it . Thank you for thinking of me and sharing . Dan
Here's another favorite of mine! Chris Robinson and Steve Gorman really did their homework, one of the best collaborations out there! Some of the comments on those videos are gold! Very obvious Jimmy is having a blast!
https://youtu.be/pSTkaIGNDMw
olywa

Post by olywa »

The Allman Brothers used to play New Year's Eve at the Warehouse in New Orleans. I caught them first in '71. The '72 show was done without Duane who was killed in a motorcycle accident a couple of months before. By the time they did the '73 show they had lost Barry Oakley to a motorcycle accident. I attended all of those shows and remember how great they all were, despite the band getting whittled down each year. Those guys were the soundtrack of my life in my late teens and early twenties.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

olywa wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am
The Allman Brothers used to play New Year's Eve at the Warehouse in New Orleans. I caught them first in '71. The '72 show was done without Duane who was killed in a motorcycle accident a couple of months before. By the time they did the '73 show they had lost Barry Oakley to a motorcycle accident. I attended all of those shows and remember how great they all were, despite the band getting whittled down each year. Those guys were the soundtrack of my life in my late teens and early twenties.
I caught them in 72 at the Barn outside of Peoria. Later met Greg sitting by me in a club on a solo tour in Bloomington. He turned and looked at me what town he was playing at . He was quite lit up but concert was actually pretty good . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau