Any experience with Quiet Carry knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Coastal

Re: Any experience with Quiet Carry knives?

Post by Coastal »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:56 pm
It’s a great thin slicer, extremely thin. Detent and lockup is great, great action. I can thumb flick it or spydie flick it. And don’t hurt me, but I think the wire clip is 100 times better then the Spyderco wire clip. 😁😛

It is designed exactly how I would design a wire clip for a specific knife. It goes to the end of the handle. No shorter, no longer.
`
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:56 pm
It’s a great thin slicer, extremely thin. Detent and lockup is great, great action. I can thumb flick it or spydie flick it. And don’t hurt me, but I think the wire clip is 100 times better then the Spyderco wire clip. 😁😛
If they hurt you they gotta hurt me… I agree. Definitely one of the best wire clips.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
James Y

Post by James Y »

Although I prefer regular clips, I suppose the Quiet Carry wire clip sounds OK. I'm one of those who dislike wire clips. But if QC's wire clip is more solid and durable, I'd be OK with it.

Also hopefully no one us upset, but I never cared for Spyderco's wire clips. On Spydies, I simply prefer the 'spoon' or 'hourglass' shaped clips.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

I'm really wanting a Drift now. I also like the look of the Waypoint, but I'm leaning more towards the shape of the Drift. Not to mention the Drift has a taller primary grind, which makes it look like the better slicer.

But I must have patience, because it'll be a while before I can spare the extra money to purchase any knives, especially a high-end one.

I just realized that the Quiet Carry knives are made in Taiwan. Which is fine with me. By all indications, they're top quality.

Jim
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I own both the Waypoint and the Drift. I prefer the Drift. It has ergonomics similar to the Native.
James Y

Post by James Y »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 2:13 pm
I own both the Waypoint and the Drift. I prefer the Drift. It has ergonomics similar to the Native.

Yeah, the Waypoint looks good, but it looks less comfortable, and less ergonomic in the hand to me than the Drift. Even though I don't always need as much 'belly' in a blade as the Drift has.

Jim
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The Waypoint feels more 'gentlemanly'. It's slim in the pocket, has a lot of blade for it's footprint, and slides smoothly because of it's ti construction. The G-10 Drift is a lot more 'working knife.' The G-10 has a lot more grip than the ti (and the Drift design just has a lot more grip than the Waypoint). I don't own a smooth ti Drift but I bet it's a lot easier to keep in hand than the Waypoint if you're in slippery conditions.
James Y

Post by James Y »

TomAiello wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:42 pm
The Waypoint feels more 'gentlemanly'. It's slim in the pocket, has a lot of blade for it's footprint, and slides smoothly because of it's ti construction. The G-10 Drift is a lot more 'working knife.' The G-10 has a lot more grip than the ti (and the Drift design just has a lot more grip than the Waypoint). I don't own a smooth ti Drift but I bet it's a lot easier to keep in hand than the Waypoint if you're in slippery conditions.

Thanks, Tom!

When I eventually acquire a Drift, it's going to be the knurled ti version. I like the fact that the clip side is smooth, so it goes in and out of the pocket without shredding it, while the presentation side has some grippiness to it, and a cool visual appeal.

Jim