Maryland, Delaware, Virginia Knife Stores

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kennethsime

Maryland, Delaware, Virginia Knife Stores

Post by kennethsime »

Hey all,

Wondering if someone can recommend a knife store.

We’re going on vacation soon, and I won’t be checking a bag so I’ll be without an EDC. I’ve been making a habit of buying an inexpensive knife on the east coast, something cheap but serviceable, and then either gifting it before I leave or mailing it home.

We’ll be flying into BWI, spending some time in Delaware/MD’s Eastern Shore, then heading up to the Shenandoah. I wonder if anyone can recommend a good knife store in/around Baltimore or Delaware?

A brief google shows Willey’s Knives in Greenwood, which we could probably stop at early in the trip. Then there’s Knife Center in Fredericksburg, but that would be a about halfway group our trip and I’m not sure they have a showroom.

Thanks for any advice. Looking forward to vacation!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Maryland, Delaware, Virginia Knife Stores

Post by Doc Dan »

I have no idea. There was a distributor in southern VA near TN, but they don't allow people, only businesses buying lots of stock. If you went to Sevierville, TN you could stop in at Smokey Mountain Knife Works, but that is off your path. Hey! Time for a trip to Dollywood so you can visit the knife store!

Knifecenter may or may not have a store front. Why not call them and ask?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Edgeworks is in Frederick.

I haven't been there in many years, but I always go when I'm in that area.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
12 Maxace, 8 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Giygas wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:06 am
Edgeworks is in Frederick.

I haven't been there in many years, but I always go when I'm in that area.
There we go, thanks very much Giygas! This is exactly what I was looking for (and hadn’t found).

Sure, I could probably buy a Buck 110 from Walmart, but I’d much prefer to checkout a nice local store like this with a curated selection.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:51 am
I have no idea. There was a distributor in southern VA near TN, but they don't allow people, only businesses buying lots of stock. If you went to Sevierville, TN you could stop in at Smokey Mountain Knife Works, but that is off your path. Hey! Time for a trip to Dollywood so you can visit the knife store!

Knifecenter may or may not have a store front. Why not call them and ask?
New Graham, Knife Center, and Blue Ridge all look to be within a 20-minute drive of one another over in that southwestern corner of VA, oddly enough. I think between Willey’s and Edgewood I’ll be able to pick up something reasonable (and have fun exploring their selections).

SMKW is tempting, but a I think a bit too far out of our way. Thanks for

Donut

Post by Donut »

Sheesh, all the times I've driven past Fredericksburg (not that many) and I didn't even know Knife Center was located there.

I should probably visit some of my local stores!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

New Graham FTW!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Stopped by Willey Knives in Greenwood, Selaware this morning and wow, what a great selection! It was just what I was looking for. Friendly + knowledgeable staff, lots of made in USA knives, and very reasonable prices (especially without sales tax).

I walked in thinking I’d pick up either a 940 or a Buck 110 variant. The had a 940-2 in stock, but I reallly want a green one with the reverse tanto.

They had every 110 variant a guy could ask for, including the standard, the new Sport model, and the Slim Pro. They also had an OD Green/Grey Bugout, and ultimately it came down to that or the Slim Pro.

Image.

I’m really liking this little knife so far.