Better Call Saul!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: Better Call Saul!!!

Post by MacLaren »

Fireman wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:23 pm
Been having a feeling that Kim dies in an upcoming episode for a few seasons now.
I don't think so.
I have a totally different idea about her.....
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Better Call Saul is one of my favorite shows, and I enjoy it more than Breaking Bad, but I'm purposely ignoring this thread to avoid spoilers.

I'm waiting to binge all of Season 6.

Huge fan of the entire Gilligan universe...
So it goes.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

OMG, I laughed so hard when Mike walked by the bathroom of Gus's bunker, stood for a second then turned back around with a silent sigh, to find that Gus scrubbin the bathtub!!! Lol, Mike said part of the reason we set it up like this was so that you could get some rest. .....that Gus is a real card, lol
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know, if Lalo wasn't a sociopath & narcissist, he would be a helluva guy to hang out with!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I sometimes wish ole Waylon could narrate like he did on the The Dukes of Hazzard......for instance ,at the end of last night's episode he could've said, " well folks, looks like ole Saul's in a heep a trouble"...
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Well, BCS is the only TV I've watched for the last three weeks and I'm finally all caught up! Going to be sad when this one is over.. such a good show! Maybe I'll re-watch Breaking Bad when Saul ends..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

DSH007 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:51 am
Well, BCS is the only TV I've watched for the last three weeks and I'm finally all caught up! Going to be sad when this one is over.. such a good show! Maybe I'll re-watch Breaking Bad when Saul ends..
I’ve been trying to get my better half to watch BB with me for years now, but it’s like pushing a rock slowly up a hill.

The closest I’ve come is watching better call Saul, which she tolerates. My hope is that She will suggest BB as a followup!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:10 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:51 am
I’ve been trying to get my better half to watch BB with me for years now, but it’s like pushing a rock slowly up a hill.

The closest I’ve come is watching better call Saul, which she tolerates. My hope is that She will suggest BB as a followup!
Hahah tell her "it's a love story".. works every time! Getting her to watch BB shouldn't be require much convincing.. everybody loves that show! Even my mother, who typically hates anything even remotely violent, LOVED Breaking Bad haha!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man, I missed BCS!!
I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC & I just didn't think about it until it was too late. I understand last night's mid season finale was a CRUSHER!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang, we're down to the final 2 episodes of Better Call Saul!!!
I was a bit surprised to see Carole Burnett as Jeffery's mother. She does a great job though, imo!
Anyone wanna take a stab at how the series finale will play out?
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:06 pm

Stab! Knife forum! I see what you did there.

There must be some bombshells ahead. That's how good writers roll. But I wouldn't venture to guess what they might be. One thing's for sure. Once this series is over, I'm going to watch Breaking Bad.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:23 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:06 pm

Stab! Knife forum! I see what you did there.

There must be some bombshells ahead. That's how good writers roll. But I wouldn't venture to guess what they might be. One thing's for sure. Once this series is over, I'm going to watch Breaking Bad.
Hehehe, good job, Rusty!
I was hoping someone would notice the pun 😃
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:06 pm
I was hoping someone would notice the pun

Indeed. Your rapier wit is not lost upon us.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:25 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:06 pm
I was hoping someone would notice the pun

Indeed. Your rapier wit is not lost upon us.
Hehehe....thanks man.
...as for BCS, I think Carol Burnett will be a real wild card.....I think she definitely has the potential to sink ole Jimmy for good....but, who knows.
Can't believe we're down to the 2 last episodes!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

We started watching a little at a time a couple months ago. We just started season 3. We only have limited time to watch. So it'll be awhile before we're done. I actually didn't realize the final season was still going. I haven't read all the posts in this thread to avoid any more spoilers. From what I have read it sounds like season six is epic. Looking forward to it
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Both Mrs. Iron and I haven't been impressed by the last two episodes. It's as if the writers and directors know they have an end-game and they know they don't have many hours to wrap it up, so they're forcing the story along without the complexity that they devoted to former episodes. They're weaving the tapestry that is their tale, not with a loom and fine thread, but with an old bed sheet and a 4" housepainters brush.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 am
We started watching a little at a time a couple months ago. We just started season 3. We only have limited time to watch. So it'll be awhile before we're done. I actually didn't realize the final season was still going. I haven't read all the posts in this thread to avoid any more spoilers. From what I have read it sounds like season six is epic. Looking forward to it
Especially the 1st episode. It's like 2 episodes in 1 and may be the very best episode of the whole series imo.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RustyIron wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:18 am
Both Mrs. Iron and I haven't been impressed by the last two episodes. It's as if the writers and directors know they have an end-game and they know they don't have many hours to wrap it up, so they're forcing the story along without the complexity that they devoted to former episodes. They're weaving the tapestry that is their tale, not with a loom and fine thread, but with an old bed sheet and a 4" housepainters brush.
Yeah, I hear ya man. But, it didn't bother me too bad. I just would've like to have heard what Kim was telling Jimmy while he was in the phone booth!
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Hi, have just watched seasons 1,2,3 on DVD.
Very funny with great cinematography and really talented Actors.
Personally, I'm very anti Methamphetamine, but have put that aside to enjoy a well put together movie.
I will endeavour to get hold of the remaining series.
Well done to all involved in making of the series.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang...... down ti the very last episode.....looks like ole Saul's luck has finally ran out. .....