Yard Work - Nice Day

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bearrowland

Re: Yard Work - Nice Day

Post by bearrowland »

I've heard of all kinds of things from the UAW guys, but that's definitely unique Dan! That would have driven the service guys nuts for awhile!! ;)
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:25 am
bearrowland wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:45 pm
I had to drill a couple of holes for a new wheel mount, and when I lifted the drill out of the newly drilled hole the bit dropped out of the chuck and fell through a gap in my porch so slick that I couldn't do that once in a thousand years if I tried 😂. Still had another hole to drill so back to the hardware store. Of course there's no easily accessible way to get the lost bit back... only me!
When I was just out of high school in the winter for a couple years I worked at a Chevy dealership doing some mechanical jobs and picking up and delivering cars . A brand new Chevy Impala had a rattle in the passenger door . I took inside door panel off and found a nut attached to a wire . So the nut would swing and hit the panels inside when turning. There was a noted attached to that said, “ How long did it take for you to find this nut ? “ A gift from the UAW on the assembly line. ;) Dan
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

It has been really nice out past few days (not today, though), and I've been using my stainless Opinel folding saw.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageHere is a Google shot taken a few years back to give you an idea the size of yard . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageFound time yesterday to plant 5 Jalapeño and 3 Tabasco pepper plants. I need two Habanero and will be done .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageGot pond pumps set up today , mowed , and weeding. Wife happy !
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Well done Dan, good man!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImage]Stained and just got lattice put up . Back porch lattice next , underestimated screws . Dan
Last edited by Manixguy@1994 on Mon May 16, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageSet of fountain yesterday, nice for Salt pictures ! Wife thought as usual I was crazy 😜 Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageImageTodays project, just about done . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Lookin great Dan! You have been a busy man!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:08 pm
Lookin great Dan! You have been a busy man!
Thanks Jeff ! I’m no expert by any means .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'm tired of yard work already. I've got 5 acres to mow plus a lot of weedeating and push mowing......but, the push mower is self propelled.
I'll swear, sometimes I think about just lettin it go grow and sell the hay.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:11 pm
I'm tired of yard work already. I've got 5 acres to mow plus a lot of weedeating and push mowing......but, the push mower is self propelled.
That is a ton of mowing Paul . I’m in charge on back , wife or granddaughter mow font and a tiny bit of back backside of house . Since wife is a landscaper it is a trial to mow straight lines in any angle . I spend a lot of time picking up sticks before mowing but good exercise . Just did my tenth mow this afternoon . Found a large black feather either from a pair of Eagles soaring above property or a Turkey Vulture early today not sure .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Here we go. I accidentally posted in the Memorial Day Shot thread. - Anyway, yard work pays off.
Last night we watched The Secrets of Dumbledore by the campfire and under the stars
It's was such a beautiful day and night......the stars are lightning bugs were out in abundance last night.
The first pic is just of a little bit of my front yard, it was a beautiful day....and the 2nd pic is down at the fire pit.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 pm
MacLaren wrote:
That is a ton of mowing Paul . I’m in charge on back , wife or granddaughter mow font and a tiny bit of back backside of house . Since wife is a landscaper it is a trial to mow straight lines in any angle . I spend a lot of time picking up sticks before mowing but good exercise . Just did my tenth mow this afternoon . Found a large black feather either from a pair of Eagles soaring above property or a Turkey Vulture early today not sure .
Oh heck Dan, I bet yall have a beautiful place.
One night - actually on two different occasions I walked outside about around midnight or a little later and caught two whitetail bucks locked up fightin for all the split tail. That was a cool scene 😎
....I heard it before I saw it.....
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:44 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Oh heck Dan, I bet yall have a beautiful place.
One night - actually on two different occasions I walked outside about around midnight or a little later and caught two whitetail bucks locked up fightin for all the split tail. That was a cool scene 😎
....I heard it before I saw it.....
Yard looks beautiful ! I have seen Bucks fight once in my life on a sandbar while Squirrel hunting . I know two brothers bow hunting found two locked up in a field still alive . They put them down and full live mounts were made still locked in a museum in Springfield . I have posted a pair found by two coyote hunters I know in a field not too far away from me . As you know when Bucks are in the rut they get crazy . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, thank you, Dan!
& yes, they're buck wild 😃
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

In the middle of a backyard makeover on top of everything else 😂😂😂

The backyard use to basically be the concrete slab and lots of bark. Added more pavers and redoing all the flower beds with grasses, granite rocks, black lava rock, etc. Made a miniature river too with a catch basin for a gutter I was having trouble with maintaining water. Also made some permanent homes for my grills and smoker. Get them off the pavers.

Give me a couple more weeks and I’ll have finished pictures. We’re going on vacation Friday.
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow, Josh. Can't wait for the finished product!
That's gonna be super nice man 👏 👏
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Looks great ! I like the double barrel table very creative. The rock down spout lay out is beautiful. I like rocks a lot , maybe too much ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau