2022 M.L.B.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: 2022 M.L.B.

Post by MacLaren »

Dan, buddy, I don't know what to say....that first game though was just crazy.....but, I gotta say that I am soooooooo glad the Braves face the Phillies instead of your Cardinals. I just know the Cardinals would've beaten the Braves. I think Atlanta will sweep Philly.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:58 am
Dan, buddy, I don't know what to say....that first game though was just crazy.....but, I gotta say that I am soooooooo glad the Braves face the Phillies instead of your Cardinals. I just know the Cardinals would've beaten the Braves. I think Atlanta will sweep Philly.
I certainly hope the Braves do well , they in my opinion are very solid team , a complete package. Go Braves ! Dan ;)
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang, such a disappointment for the New York Mets. What a season they had......it just seems like they ran out of steam? I dunno. What I do know, is that's baseball. Atlanta won 14 STRAIGHT N.L.East Pennants and produced only 1 World Series Victory out of all those Pennants. But, then again, who would've or could've predicted that Atlanta would have won the Series much less even make the playoffs as a wild card last year.
I hate it for the Mets. They had a special team.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Well said Paul , I agree the Mets hit the end of a cycle . They will be back next year , East division is I think toughest in National league . It will be interesting next year with the new schedule format besides the new changes coming in the game .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:51 pm
Well said Paul , I agree the Mets hit the end of a cycle . They will be back next year , East division is I think toughest in National league . It will be interesting next year with the new schedule format besides the new changes coming in the game .
Thanks, Dan 😃
I agree man. Gonna be a very interesting season next spring!
Dan, the wife & I were talking & we're gon a try and get to some more games next season.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:55 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thanks, Dan 😃
Dan, the wife & I were talking & we're gon a try and get to some more games next season.
CEO and I have been discussing a St. Louis trip next year too . I hope she behaves ;) Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:11 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:55 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thanks, Dan 😃
CEO and I have been discussing a St. Louis trip next year too . I hope she behaves ;) Dan
Ha!!!! CEO, I love it!! Hehehehe 😃
Yeah, I'm hoping mine does too
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, 1:07 pm comes early today!!
Braves vs Phillies! From Truist Park in Atlanta, Divisional Playoff Best of 5!
Followed by 3 more Divisional Games!
Gonna be a great day for baseball!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:55 am
Ooo that is early, I'll have to have a window up to follow along while at work. ATL and Phillies are both playing their best ball right now. Should be a fun series.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:08 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:55 am
Ooo that is early, I'll have to have a window up to follow along while at work. ATL and Phillies are both playing their best ball right now. Should be a fun series.
Spot on Larry 😃
Win, lose or draw, it's gonna be a fun, great day.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, the Phillies are takin it to the Braves thus far...
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

With 2 outs why would you pitch around/intentionally walk Harper to get to the guy that is already 2-2? That didn't work out too good. 6-1 now. I guess it was a match-up thing...
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:48 pm
With 2 outs why would you pitch around/intentionally walk Harper to get to the guy that is already 2-2? That didn't work out too good. 6-1 now. I guess it was a match-up thing...
I know right?
Evidently, Harper was like 5/6 against that pitcher but, he knew that was then. I'm like you, I'd be afraid of the guys that's 2-2 today!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gotta say, the home plate umpire really hurt the Braves today.....too many balls counted a dam strikes.....& I honestly do not like complaining about the officiating & most importantly tip of the hat to the Phillies because they just flat kicked butt today. But, that ump my goodness
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I'm all for robot umps. Take emotion out of it and the stylized punch outs. Nobody watches or buys tickets to see the umps. They can still be there, just error proof it. Too often there is compound calls that will benefit one side or the other.

Get the call right and then they can go all Leslie Nelson in the naked gun🤪
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehe....I hear ya, Larry.
Well, your Dodgers will be the night cap. I'm gonna try and watch all I can of it.
San Diego is gonna be a tough out but, if any team can do it, it's the Dodgers.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:45 pm
Hehehe....I hear ya, Larry.
Well, your Dodgers will be the night cap. I'm gonna try and watch all I can of it.
San Diego is gonna be a tough out but, if any team can do it, it's the Dodgers.
Fingers crossed Paul. Those 'stros are tough and as much as I'd like payback I'd rather not play them. Just walked it off on Seattle.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow Larry! How bout that.....flashbacks of ole Gibby back in '88!
Good to see your Dodgers take care a business last night......
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

LA has definitely had Pads number this year. Our lineup loves to put pitchers under pressure, but the Pads aren't milk toast so they'll fight back.

Your Braves will too, lots of momentum and fight coming out of that game. Watching the Houston game you could almost taste what was happening. Seattle should have left that pitcher in, just settled him down, his stuff was really good. That's gonna sting for awhile for Mariners fans, but I'm pulling for them to beat the *stros.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049