2022 M.L.B.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

2022 M.L.B.

Post by MacLaren »

Think we'll have a season this year?
I think we will. Im.ready for baseball.
I'm also anxious to see if the Braves cough up enough money to keep Freddie Freeman.
Lol, they had better!! Braves Country will go ballistic if the N.Y. Mets get him and, I think that's the rumor....
Anyways, here's to hoping that Opening Day will still be March 31st .....lol, scratch that.....Opening Day has already been scrapped....
M.L.B. is in Major League trouble and I wonder if they even really realize just how big if trouble they are really in??....
Manixguy@1994

Re: 2022 M.L.B.

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I think there will be a season and some fans with be showing their displeasure with the old pocket book . Inflated revenues in billions going to owners and disgruntled multi millionaire players with fans barely able to afford to go to one game a year . Vendors making a pittance for over priced food and drinks sickens me . It’s a train wreck in slow motion that eventually will go off the rails . I’m a third generation Cardinal fan as are most of my family . We do have son-in-law who is a Cub fan that we take pity on and still let him come over to the house ! Ha ha ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Paul, I think Freddie will be in LA wearing Dodger blue :)

Seeing Corey Seager going to the Rangers is hard for me, and Kershaw may follow suit. Two of the core group that has been really good for quite a while now!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
benben

Post by benben »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:48 am

Seeing Corey Seager going to the Rangers is hard for me, and Kershaw may follow suit. Two of the core group that has been really good for quite a while now!
If Freddie goes to LA, I’ll burn every Braves cap and shirt I own and write that idiotic front office and management off forever!

I understand this is a business and money drives everything about this and every other sport, but come on! If there was ever a face to a franchise…..

Baseball is rapidly turning into football for me! >:[
benben

Post by benben »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:23 pm
I think there will be a season and some fans with be showing their displeasure with the old pocket book . Inflated revenues in billions going to owners and disgruntled multi millionaire players with fans barely able to afford to go to one game a year . Vendors making a pittance for over priced food and drinks sickens me . It’s a train wreck in slow motion that eventually will go off the rails . I’m a third generation Cardinal fan as are most of my family . We do have son-in-law who is a Cub fan that we take pity on and still let him come over to the house ! Ha ha ! MG2
Cardinals and Cubs fans in the same family? That may be worse than having a liberal and a conservative under the same roof! ;)
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

benben wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:51 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:23 pm
Cardinals and Cubs fans in the same family? That may be worse than having a liberal and a conservative under the same roof! ;)
Ha funny ! His grandfather was a diehard Cub fan and treated like family . We would watch baseball on the living room floor together. Later in life He took me upstairs to “The Room “ which was nothing but Cub memorabilia that was amazing . He told me he wanted to show me something of interest . On the display case was a small coffin with a dead Cardinal laying in it with a Cub bear squatting over its head . Never laughed so hard and he was grinning ear to ear . Wonderful man .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

benben wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:48 am
legOFwhat? wrote:

If Freddie goes to LA, I’ll burn every Braves cap and shirt I own and write that idiotic front office and management off forever!

I understand this is a business and money drives everything about this and every other sport, but come on! If there was ever a face to a franchise…..

Baseball is rapidly turning into football for me! >:[
Freddy has been the face of the Braves for quite a while, so I get your pain. Braves will be good for years with or without him, it will be weird, if he leaves, to see him in a different uni...
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:

Man, Larry, here I am already woefully behind the times!
I had no idea that the Dodgers lost Seager!!
Oh man....
Ya know, as for Freddie, I understand the Mets have a lot to spend but, the Dodgers having Seager off the payroll now could make that happen, I reckon..
Gosh, I really thought LA would do whatever to keep Seager.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:57 am
legOFwhat? wrote:

Oh man....
Ya know, as for Freddie, I understand the Mets have a lot to spend but, the Dodgers having Seager off the payroll now could make that happen, I reckon..
Hopefully MLB will get it together soon, so we'll know who's going to go where. I miss all the trade talk. :squinting-tongue
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:47 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:57 am
legOFwhat? wrote:

Oh man....
Hopefully MLB will get it together soon, so we'll know who's going to go where. I miss all the trade talk. :squinting-tongue
Today’s talks went off the rails . Owners threw in some language and didn’t tell the union about it , so you know where that went . Owners are doing these stunts to appear to be negotiating to stall going into arbitration. We are definitely looking at a shortened season at this point with owners refusing to make up lost games . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Guys, talk is now that Super Agent Scott Boras (?) blew negotiations all to heck.
I heard this via Mad Dog radio yesterday via veteran NY Daily News Reporter.
I would imagine it's a free for all in there- as Dan pointed out the owners shenanigans too.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:02 am
Guys, talk is now that Super Agent Scott Boras (?) blew negotiations all to heck.
I would imagine it's a free for all in there- as Dan pointed out the owners shenanigans too.
I will have to check out that out , how can Boras be involved with negotiations being an agent ? Maybe outside influence with union ? I listen to local ESPN radio in afternoon and will see what I can find out today . A lot of buddies around here are fuming , they are already wiping off scheduled games . Around here of course is a Cardinal vs. Cub series so you know how this is going .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:46 am
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:02 am
I will have to check out that out , how can Boras be involved with negotiations being an agent ? Maybe outside influence with union ? I listen to local ESPN radio in afternoon and will see what I can find out today . A lot of buddies around here are fuming , they are already wiping off scheduled games . Around here of course is a Cardinal vs. Cub series so you know how this is going .
Yup - you got bro, thru the players.
Google Mad Dog Radio Scott Boras MLB talks
That may bring it up.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I was reading that owner’s pain won’t start until 25 games are canceled. Some of things on table involve field shifting and time between pitches. It doesn’t look good. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
benben

Post by benben »

Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Millionaires and billionaires fighting over what may amount to 1-2% of their income while the average joe is getting killed filling up their car.
While I grew up loving baseball, these clowns on both sides have made me hate the game.
Listening to the Tampa Bay pitcher (name eludes me) complain about not getting a full paycheck in 2020 due the the "rona" (his words), while millions of people lost their jobs showed me how out of touch MLB and most professional sports ball players are.
F em. I'll support the Florence Y'alls if I need a baseball fix. $1 beer and hot dog nights.
The Reds players and ownership are dead to me.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well guys, looks like the players union went over Boras and voted for baseball
Looks were even gonna have a full 162 game season!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Yes . Field shift will be eliminated 2023 , DH in NL .
Henry David Thoreau
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Here we go!
Josh
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Free agency frenzy begins !
Henry David Thoreau