2022 M.L.B.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: 2022 M.L.B.

Post by MacLaren »

Man, Acuna cost us an inside the Park Home Run
Larry, when's the last time ya saw one of those? 😃
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:51 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:38 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:03 am
Lol, Larry.....we're in trouble 😟
Very much so! Just gotta win 2 games in a row...shouldn't be that hard...

Or is it?
It's just so incredibly hard to win it all, Larry
It's like the Dodgers, reel off 111 wins this season, clearly the best team in baseball (of course, its not over for the Dodgers- not by a long shot) - or like Atlanta when they won 14 NL East Pennants in a row & only had 1 World Series to show for it.....it's just takes everything lining up just right it seems....
Definitely a hard pill to swallow. Getting more use to it as a Kentucky fan :zany
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, Minter was dealing.....he may have grazed Schwarbers knuckles but, that's the best stuff I've ever say AJ Minter have. He was hittin 99mph!
I knew it was a mistake to take him out.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The best teams are not winning, since the very first day of the playoffs and it sucks. Everyone likes an underdog...but this just looks bad for baseball the way its playing out.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Sorry brother Paul. Perhaps the "buy" week did more damage than good.

Still holding out hope for the Dodgers, maybe this will scare the offense awake.🤞
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thanks Larry. I appreciate that brother.
Ya know, I'm really thinking that bye week doomed us. Ya really think it would help at the end of that long season though.
I'll be rootin for the Dodgers with ya!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:59 pm
The best teams are not winning, since the very first day of the playoffs and it sucks. Everyone likes an underdog...but this just looks bad for baseball the way its playing out.
Ya know your right, Rick. It does.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Thanks Larry. I appreciate that brother.
Ya know, I'm really thinking that bye week doomed us. Ya really think it would help at the end of that long season though.
I'll be rootin for the Dodgers with ya!
If we can just get back to LA then I'll feel better, but the Padres fans haven't had anything for a long time and they are hungry.
TkoK83Spy wrote: The best teams are not winning, since the very first day of the playoffs and it sucks. Everyone likes an underdog...but this just looks bad for baseball the way its playing out.
I'm with you Rick, it diminishes the regular season success.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Dave Roberts does it again. 🤦‍♂️ pulls a pitcher during a 1-0 count, now the game is upside down. 5 runs in the 7th 😡
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dam!!!
I stayed up as long as I could....it was 2-0 in the 7th, I knew LA was in control.....you gotta be kiddin Larry!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know Larry, I just don't understand why both Snitker & Roberts did that today. I mean, I know why. But, imo & I think you'll agree, playoff baseball is so much different (obviously) but, now for the part I think you'll agree, is that at some point its gotta come down to the managers instincts - gut feeling- I mean if whomever pitching is just flat out dealing, then for God's Sake, leave him in there!
Heck, let him pitch the whole game! Especially in do or die games. Man, the game has changed so much....even back in the day, in the early 90's & before, if a pitcher is bringing it, let him deal.
That sort of thinking won Minnesota a World Series. & taking a red hot pitcher out cost Atlanta a World Series. I'm of course talkin about the Jack Morris vs John Smoltz Game 7. Oh my God, I've never been so disappointed in Bobby Cox. He took out Smoltz after 9 innings & Smoltz so wanted to stay in! But, Minnesota knew what time it was lol, they knew Jack Morris was just on another level that night as was Smoltz. But, Minnesota left Morris in & the rest is history.
Goodness....
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Baseball sometimes is a bitter pill to swallow. Just when a fan thinks the team will be rolling to next series the air goes out of the balloon with a noise we are familiar with 😮 .Dan.
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:11 am
Baseball sometimes is a bitter pill to swallow. Just when a fan thinks the team will be rolling to next series the air goes out of the balloon with a noise we are familiar with 😮 .Dan.
Haha!! Very well said, Dan! 🎈 🔫 🎈 🔫
Those two Balloons are mine & Larry's, aahahaha!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I honestly can't believe all of your teams are knocked out. I really can't, and they were all the better teams. Phillies/Padres?? No thanks
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:59 am
Ya know Larry, I just don't understand why both Snitker & Roberts did that today. I mean, I know why. But, imo & I think you'll agree, playoff baseball is so much different (obviously) but, now for the part I think you'll agree, is that at some point its gotta come down to the managers instincts - gut feeling- I mean if whomever pitching is just flat out dealing, then for God's Sake, leave him in there!
Heck, let him pitch the whole game! Especially in do or die games. Man, the game has changed so much....even back in the day, in the early 90's & before, if a pitcher is bringing it, let him deal.
That sort of thinking won Minnesota a World Series. & taking a red hot pitcher out cost Atlanta a World Series. I'm of course talkin about the Jack Morris vs John Smoltz Game 7. Oh my God, I've never been so disappointed in Bobby Cox. He took out Smoltz after 9 innings & Smoltz so wanted to stay in! But, Minnesota knew what time it was lol, they knew Jack Morris was just on another level that night as was Smoltz. But, Minnesota left Morris in & the rest is history.
Goodness....
Throwing 1 pitch to a batter then pulling that pitcher have to be degrading to that pitcher, then handing the ball to another with an already 1-0 count.

Bizarre series all together, we had geese, drones and strategic rain that fell at the perfect time.

Oh well gives me more time to work on the MuleTeam 😁
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Phillies shutdown Padres by Wheeler pitching great game and Swarber hitting a 488 feet blast . Yankees and Astros coming up next . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know, I can really see the Phillies winning it all.
They have that dark horse magic big time imo...
Did yall see that home run that Schwarber hit?
I'll give him my ultimate compliment lol, that was a home run that Mickey Mantle himself would've been proud of!
It was a rocket that traveled 488 feet into the 2nd or upper deck. What was so impressive was how fast it left the yard. I think the exit speed was 120mph off his bat. Now, that's a BIG TIME MASH.
Lol, I LOVE stuff like that 😃
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Can't root for the Yanks, 'stros or the Pads, so GO PHILLY!
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:22 am
Ya know, I can really see the Phillies winning it all.
They have that dark horse magic big time imo...
Did yall see that home run that Schwarber hit?
I'll give him my ultimate compliment lol, that was a home run that Mickey Mantle himself would've been proud of!
It was a rocket that traveled 488 feet into the 2nd or upper deck. What was so impressive was how fast it left the yard. I think the exit speed was 120mph off his bat. Now, that's a BIG TIME MASH.
Lol, I LOVE stuff like that 😃
Yes it was a monster bash ! The record is 582 by Joey Meyer at Rockie Stadium in 1987 . Phillies seem to be getting some timely. Hits and hope it continues , their record this year didn’t show just how tough they were to beat . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:26 am
Can't root for the Yanks, 'stros or the Pads, so GO PHILLY!
I absolutely agree ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau