Show your Bugs and Critters

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: Show your Bugs and Critters

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:01 pm
Very clever.
👊…quite a collection you have Mad Mac…. I really wanna find a Southard!!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Thank you.
Almost all of them were acquired
after they were discontinued
and deeply discounted.

Many of them I have gifted to my children
and a favored niece and nephew.
The Southard went to my daughter.

The only one I sold was the Schempp Bowie.
Which I have only regretted two times.
Day and night.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI. I shot this is a Sharp-shinned Hawk . He has been lurking a lot around our feeders since they are designed to keep larger birds eating , so we have a lot of birds feeding on the ground . Dan
Last edited by Manixguy@1994 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Oldies but goodies👊

SaltyCaribbeanDfly

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:54 pm
Oldies but goodies👊

Edited:🤪⬇️

SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Sorry-would’ve deleted first two but don’t see how?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:09 pm
Sorry-would’ve deleted first two but don’t see how?
Would the spider be a Joro ? If so Jeff has a sanctuary for them . 🤪Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

You are correct Alex for $1000 ….we were at a nursery in Roswell and they were everywhere!!!🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Nope, I killed them all over here. You keep them in Roswell.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Took me about four hours w/a pressure washer to get all the webs off the house 🤬
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

Boxelder Bug
-Jimmy
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Scorpions fluoresce under a blacklight.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Here is the same scorpion illuminated with an ordinary flashlight.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Very cool Mac ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI had this Turkey Vulture land above by my truck where zi was going to take some pictures today . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Imagesome kind of small centipede I found in garage today . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Went for a walk yesterday since I had it off. Found myself at Washington Park in Denver.
Saw 2 Bald Eagles. One that flew right at and then turned and went by me, silent death, almost as silent as an owl. It then landed out on the ice near a dead something on the ice and had its fill. I wish I had my good camera... here is my bad phone pic.
baldy.jpg
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:53 pm
Imagesome kind of small centipede I found in garage today . Dan
I don’t know what species that is specifically but that’s a Millipede. Cool find.

Can’t remember if I posted this here already but this past summer I was out hiking and found a large Millipede in the middle of the trail. It was in rough shape and I think may have been accidentally stepped on or ran over by a bicycle. I had never seen one that size in the wild, I believe it was an American Giant Millipede.

troutinCO wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:03 pm
Went for a walk yesterday since I had it off. Found myself at Washington Park in Denver.
Saw 2 Bald Eagles. One that flew right at and then turned and went by me, silent death, almost as silent as an owl. It then landed out on the ice near a dead something on the ice and had its fill. I wish I had my good camera... here is my bad phone pic.

baldy.jpg
Very cool!

A couple weeks ago when I went out ice fishing in central Massachusetts there was a bald eagle flying around, checking out all the activity on the pond. Probably seeing if there were any fish it could scavenge.

(Hopefully the .gif works)
Last edited by Mushroom on Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks , actually thought it was a small twig until it curled when I went to pick it up. Our weather has been up and down , even have seen some flies . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Crazy weather here, too, this winter.

Have not had a hard, killing freeze so far.
Instead, Redbud are in bloom
as are the yellow flowers
that are the first harbingers of spring.

The cows are not eating all the hay
that we put out,
preferring to browse
on coolseason clovers, weeds and grasses.

If this is global warming,
give me more.